Matchup in the Trenches

But Miami is 67th versus the run. ND likes to run.

Because we stunt and slant very frequently and were plagued by extremely poor tackling for a few games. That being said, we probably load the box to stop the run. Going to be opportunities for them to throw but the windows are extremely small

Advertisement
Yards per rush is a better metric. But, I guess this board just doesn't want to accept context. We're not 'amazing' there either, but better than total rush yards. We're at about 4 yards per carry. And, about 37th in the nation.

its beyond me why people dont understand the yards per rush v. total rush yards argument.

let's assume that a team ran the ball 200 times in one game for 400 yards. those that believe that total rushing yards per game is what counts will break out of their straighjackets because, godd@m, they rushed for almost 400 yards. in the context of 200 attempts, however, it was 2.0 yards per rush, pretty **** bad. what's the difficulty in understanding?

How do you defeat their running game ? The way Jimmy with all those power running teams. Use speed on defense to get in the backfield and tackle them before they get going. You cant block what you cant hit .

They have one of better OL in college FB, however Ga held them to 55 yds rushing and 266 total for game. They like Miami rotate about 8 guys up front plus have the best ILB in football. They stuffed the run and forced Wimbush to try and beat them passing, Manny got to disrupt them same way.

Doesn't matter, another overrated bum that will get manhandled on Saturday.

Last edited:
Advertisement
McGlinchey was beaten a few times, including giving up one HUGE strip sack to seal the game for UGA vs Davin Bellamy who is a talented rusher but Joe Jackson is better. I just hope they call holding this game.

"I just hope they call holding this game."

They haven't all year I don't expect them to start now.

Keys on offense:
Busting big runs
Berrios / Herndon in the middle of the field
OL giving Rosier time to scan and hit checkdowns in open space
Build a 7-10 point early lead

Keys on D:
Force ND to play from behind and throw
Hit the QB and RB at every opportunity
Force fumbles (Wimbus will cough it up)
Know when to go for the kill shot vs. making the tackle (For McCloud)

They use alot of 2 TE to block, that helps them more than anything.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I don't know why people are so scared of ND running. If they gain 200 running and 150 passing it's 350 yards. We can't have those long plays where they are running down the middle for TDs. We have prevented those so far. I have no doubt we will give them serious problems passing the ball. Wimbush doesn't throw well v Man coverage.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The DL has been held all season long and no calls. Maybe this game the Canes get proper officiating.

****, and I thought it was just me being critical of the officials not being even handed. No way... there just can't be an anti-Canes conspiracy with the NCAA officials.

Last edited:
Advertisement
McGlinchey is good, but their best lineman is LG Quenton Nelson according to most draft analysts. The battle on that side will determine who wins this game.

My god you are in love with the ND offensive line. You can't seem to stop gushing over them.

You’re a ******* clown....watch their tape. Notice how they run to the left(where McGlinchey and Nelson play) 80% of the time.

[MENTION=13955]Zbrod95[/MENTION] Since McGlinchy and Nelson are LT and LG, wouldn't that mean that it would be JJ and RJ going against them?

To be honest probably matchup of the year

Best DL (#1 in sacks and #1 TFL excluding FCS opponents)

Vs

The most sucked off offensive line in the country.

4-8 last year and they're played two real good defenses this year (Michigan State who held them in check ,and UGA who shut them down )

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back