Matchup in the Trenches

Is it over-simplifying to suggest that, whoever wins the matchup on the left side of the oline could likely win the game?

Advertisement
ND has legit 1st rd talent on the Oline..
We got legit 1st rd talent on the Dline..
Something is gonna give

Advertisement
You don't randomly change your defensive positions based on the other team's lineup. Joe Jackson plays RDE more often and faces the other teams' LTs. Why do you think they will "get killed?"

Because they’ll double RJ because McGlinchey would be pancaking Joe Jack all game...he’s not only the best LT in this draft, he’s also the best run blocking LT in the country and Joe Jack is not a strong run defender
So your solution is to move our best SSDE to the Viper position where he's expected to stand up, be flexible and bend the edge? We then move our Viper to SSDE and have him crushed on those responsibilities?

I don't see the logic.

No, you limit the use of the viper position and switch it to the right(which we do anyway) and play Trent and Chad more on that side. Chad plays there all the time even though that’s not his position...
Let me get this straight:

- limit the use of a RDE in our system?
- "switch it to the right," where it's already there
- Play Chad Thomas out of position?

I don't think this conversation is going anywhere, so I'll just drop it.

Im appalled that you even entertained this crap. Youre better than this Lu.

This man talking crazy as ****.

Notre Dame has good players in the trenches. So do we. These cucks are trembling in fear like its Marshall Yanda and Larry Allen are coming to HRS.

I can guarantee that Oline aint sleeping too well this week.

Because they’ll double RJ because McGlinchey would be pancaking Joe Jack all game...he’s not only the best LT in this draft, he’s also the best run blocking LT in the country and Joe Jack is not a strong run defender
So your solution is to move our best SSDE to the Viper position where he's expected to stand up, be flexible and bend the edge? We then move our Viper to SSDE and have him crushed on those responsibilities?

I don't see the logic.

No, you limit the use of the viper position and switch it to the right(which we do anyway) and play Trent and Chad more on that side. Chad plays there all the time even though that’s not his position...

Notre Dame has good players in the trenches. So do we. These cucks are trembling in fear like its Marshall Yanda and Larry Allen are coming to HRS.

You realize they already do that right?

ND has legit 1st rd talent on the Oline..
We got legit 1st rd talent on the Dline..
Something is gonna give

walkup.gif

Advertisement

I don't see the logic.

No they don't. Where and when?

I don't see the logic.

This past weekend, Chad Thomas did not take a single snap at RDE.

I don't think Miami has faced anyone near the quality of the ND offensive line

4 total posts, 2 of which have been pro-Notre Dame. Goes by the name of "ChicagoIrish". Joined site within last 6 days. I question the legitimacy of this user. Dare I say.... #Band

You don't need to be Inspector Gadget to realize his an ND fan. He's not hiding it.

This is what I was thinking. He is a Domer fan...get over it. I'd like to hear what he has to say.

No they don't. Where and when?

Just let him believe that. It’s no point in trying to talk him out of this, he is convinced lol.

Advertisement
The DL has been held all season long and no calls. Maybe this game the Canes get proper officiating.

Wait you think the ND game will be the one where calls go our way? LOL like Jimmie said, we can't leave the outcome in the hands of the refs.

Nope! We all know their offensive line is going to hold and their will be no calls. The way it has been all season.

The DL has been held all season long and no calls. Maybe this game the Canes get proper officiating.

Wait you think the ND game will be the one where calls go our way? LOL like Jimmie said, we can't leave the outcome in the hands of the refs.

Nope! We all know their offensive line is going to hold and their will be no calls. The way it has been all season.

There has been 2 certainty all year. 1) OL never get called for holds vs us. 2) Kickers will make all FGs even from 65 yards right down the middle with room to spare.

Coach searles needs his line to play like his 03 lsu squad. Run the ball already it's almost ridiculous how we can't get a push.

Advertisement
They may have 1st round talent on their Oline, but not everywhere.

Stunt, roam the guys around creating mismatches.

The way our dline has played all year is the least of our problems. :)

He and the guard Nelson are 1st round picks. It will probably be Chad Thomas and Kendrick Norton.
Chad Thomas and Kendrick Norton are more often on the other side of the line. It will be Joe Jackson and RJ Mcintosh.

It better not be....they’ll get killed
You don't randomly change your defensive positions based on the other team's lineup. Joe Jackson plays RDE more often and faces the other teams' LTs. Why do you think they will "get killed?"

When has Joe Jackson been pancaked? Joe Jackson last year beat mcglinchy multiple times as a true freshman Last year vs Notre Dame and he has been strong in the run game this year

Notre **** does arguably have the best oline in the country. But what did uga do to them?.... and they have similar talent and speed to Miami on defense

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back