Markevious Brown Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis Fisher salary: $450,000
Blue Adams salary: $250,000

Rumph's salary isn't public (private school) but considering that Scott Frost makes $5 million a year & Manny makes $3.1 million, it probably isn't more than them. Also, these guys are SECONDARY coaches, not cornerbacks coaches. I doubt they'd come here to work with the bartender lmao.
That Bartender is the best recruiter we have had and has put many of his safties in the league. Plus, in honor of Sean Connery, he makes a great martini — shaken, not stirred)

Advertisement
Who’s the cat at LSU? Maybe we can get him as their d has been a dumpster fire with Pelini running the show.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid lost me when he said he loved Oxford. I know mutha fckas who live in Oxford that won’t say they love it there.

Somehow, Oxford has it's allure apparently.

Was reading recently about how in 2001, both Frank Gore (whose son is at Southern Miss) and Roscoe Parrish (whose cousin and former Columbus RB, Henry Parrish, is at Ole Miss now) were committed to Ole Miss before flipping to The U on signing day. Gore himself said if it wasn't for his mother's declining health and Curtis Johnson recruiting him to the very end, he'd have stayed with Ole Miss.

I'm sure Oxford, like many places, sucks to live in, but is great to visit. That's how they get you. Almost any place can seem like paradise in small doses. It would be smart on the part of the Miami staff to explain the difference to recruits between how great a place seems during a short visit and how different it is to live in that place for 3-4 years.

Somehow, Oxford has it's allure apparently.

Was reading recently about how in 2001, both Frank Gore (whose son is at Southern Miss) and Roscoe Parrish (whose cousin and former Columbus RB, Henry Parrish, is at Ole Miss now) were committed to Ole Miss before flipping to The U on signing day. Gore himself said if it wasn't for his mother's declining health and Curtis Johnson recruiting him to the very end, he'd have stayed with Ole Miss.

I'm sure Oxford, like many places, sucks to live in, but is great to visit. That's how they get you. Almost any place can seem like paradise in small doses. It would be smart on the part of the Miami staff to explain the difference to recruits between how great a place seems during a short visit and how different it is to live in that place for 3-4 years.
I always thought that commitment had more to do with Ole Miss having accommodations for his learning disabilities that UM didn't initially have and Roscoe and Frank go back a long way. They were little league teammates.

I always thought that commitment had more to do with Ole Miss having accommodations for his learning disabilities that UM didn't initially have and Roscoe and Frank go back a long way. They were little league teammates.
That may be the case. It's possible that was the major, if not main, factor. But I'd assume Ole Miss wasn't the only non-UM school with accommodations along those lines.

Even if a small factor, their staff had nearly convinced both Gore and Roscoe that Oxford was a good place to go and live for their college years. It would be nice to have more Curtis Johnson types who could convince recruits otherwise.

Now Johnson's main argument to Gore was basically, 'If you want to be the best, you've gotta beat the best. Miami has the best and unless you're scared of competition, you'll come prove yourself here.'

Although we can't make that same argument now, (Bama, Clemson and Ohio State are a few who can), we still can do a better job of convincing recruits (corners especially) that living in Oxford and Gainesville and Auburn seems better on the visit than it is when you're there every single day and on those rough days you'll be wishing you were in Coral Gables and so on and so forth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It amazes me that CB is becoming more and more of a premium position at every level of football, more teams are playing nickel and dime as their base defense, and yet we treat the position as some type of luxury that we can live without. Every ******* year, every kid on our CB board becomes a "diva" or someone who's playing the bag game, or playing us to try and land a bigger offer. Kids from South Florida, Central Florida, North Florida, West Florida, Panhandle, Out of State Kids, foreign students on H-1B visas. Everybody is playing us and we have to wait on the Christian Williams/Isiah Dunson late in the process. If its Rumph's fault, then its Manny's fault. Should have fired the guy last year. IDC if he's a nice person, or a solid developer of talent. There's plenty of solid developers who are even average recruiters which would be a monumental step up from what we're dealing with here

It amazes me that CB is becoming more and more of a premium position at every level of football, more teams are playing nickel and dime as their base defense, and yet we treat the position as some type of luxury that we can live without. Every ******* year, every kid on our CB board becomes a "diva" or someone who's playing the bag game, or playing us to try and land a bigger offer. Kids from South Florida, Central Florida, North Florida, West Florida, Panhandle, Out of State Kids, foreign students on H-1B visas. Everybody is playing us and we have to wait on the Christian Williams/Isiah Dunson late in the process. If its Rumph's fault, then its Manny's fault. Should have fired the guy last year. IDC if he's a nice person, or a solid developer of talent. There's plenty of solid developers who are even average recruiters which would be a monumental step up from what we're dealing with here
Rumph's replacement should be anybody who doesn't fail to have at least 8/9 serviceable and elite cb's per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back