Markevious Brown Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So If Rumph does land Brown and Covington, wouldn't it be funny if the only one that misses on top CBs is Banda lol (again from all the insider info we have, Rumph was not involved in the recruitment of Marshall, Campbell, or Surtain). And judging by who we start at Safety, LB, WRs, etc, Rumph has absolutely ZERO say in who plays and who doesn't.

At this point I want Rumph replaced, but more importantly I want someone to get Diaz's head out his ***.

Look, if Rumph is suave enough to sit on his *** for 99% of the recruiting period then land a couple quality CBs at the last second, then I tip my cap to him. I don't really care that he's not landing Jason Marshalls, those 5 star CBs are almost always getting bagged and when you have a HS coach with his hand in the cookie jar, I don't fault Rumph for those misses. I do fault him some with missing layups. This looks like a layup to me. I don't think any SEC schools are going to be dropping bags for a borderline 3/4 star CB. That money is generally reserved for the big fish.

Even when Rumph wins, he loses.

Doubtful he has literally any say whatsoever in who gets to play and who doesn't. Williams transfering is probably on Baker+Diaz tbh.

Advertisement
He wants to play early - He states he sees how thin we are at his position. And that will make a good impression when he decides to make a decision.

Wants to go somewhere that will compliment his skill set - He states he "loves" the way Manny and Rumph have the defense looking.

Yeah it seems like we're the perfect situation for him.... But I just get the feeling he really doesn't want to play here. I hope I'm wrong and just reading too much into things
He gone ...

Shadow’s Rule: if Miami recruits a local kid aggressively and they haven’t signed by the start of football season, they’re not coming.

There are exceptions to the rule. But it’s very rare and usually due to the kid not landing with his first choice. Brown has options he likes, so he is not going to be a Cane.
He gone.

My answer is probably different from the Goat’s. But from my understanding simply put, rumph has a security net that will only be cut if we can get a clear cut top tier replacement. How many of those guys want to work under manny?
That is the correct approach. His replacement needs to be a proven good developer and recruiter. I've said this in the past.

Advertisement
Definitely looking at that. That definitely raised an eyebrow for me when I noticed the thin depth chart and everything. Miami definitely raised a signal and I feel like that’s something I’ve been keeping my eyes on for a long time and I feel that’s something that could possibly make a good impression on me when I make a decision,” Brown said.

Lmao got boyz commenting on how "thin" rumphs room is. Confidence building for sure!

I still believe we'll get MB, but we'll have to see once the crystal balls start rolling in.

Landing MB & getting a sneaky steal like Marvin Covington would be a very good haul & would be big for Rumph.

Whether or not either of those things happen remains to be seen, but I'm hoping for his & Miami's sake that it does.
I don't see any way for us to land Marvin Covington. He's a Texas kid who's never even been to Miami. If he's able to step foot onto campus then I'll believe we have a chance. Not to mention, none of the prominent Texas have gotten involved in his recruitment yet.

I know it hurts guys but he’s right lol
Then can you please tell us why South Park? So we atleast can know what the **** is going on when our worst recruiting coach who consistently misses on everyone gets to stay and make 6 figures a year to take a DumPh every year in the trail.

Advertisement
My answer is probably different from the Goat’s. But from my understanding simply put, rumph has a security net that will only be cut if we can get a clear cut top tier replacement. How many of those guys want to work under manny?
Please disregard my last post asking this question and thank you for your answer.

I still believe we'll get MB, but we'll have to see once the crystal balls start rolling in.

Landing MB & getting a sneaky steal like Marvin Covington would be a very good haul & would be big for Rumph.

Whether or not either of those things happen remains to be seen, but I'm hoping for his & Miami's sake that it does.
Expect a portal kid too

Travis Fisher, Blue Adams off the top of my head. May be too pricey...

All of it is moot as i think he keeps his job either way. Those are just 2 guys i like that i know would do well here.
Travis Fisher salary: $450,000
Blue Adams salary: $250,000

Rumph's salary isn't public (private school) but considering that Scott Frost makes $5 million a year & Manny makes $3.1 million, it probably isn't more than them. Also, these guys are SECONDARY coaches, not cornerbacks coaches. I doubt they'd come here to work with the bartender lmao.

Advertisement
Travis Fisher salary: $450,000
Blue Adams salary: $250,000

Rumph's salary isn't public (private school) but considering that Scott Frost makes $5 million a year & Manny makes $3.1 million, it probably isn't more than them. Also, these guys are SECONDARY coaches, not cornerbacks coaches. I doubt they'd come here to work with the bartender lmao.
Ay buddy don’t be talking about Banda like that

Tae
JW
Kitchens

on top of sending kids to the league like carter, JJ, Jenkins, and probably his best work Redwine who went before JJ In the draft.

The bartender nickname is dead hoss

Who can we hire that can be a good DB coach ? Just curious as to who u guys think we can get
Travis Fisher, Blue Adams off the top of my head. May be too pricey...

All of it is moot as i think he keeps his job either way. Those are just 2 guys i like that i know would do well here.
TCU CB coach Jeremy Modkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back