Markevious Brown Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Dynasty1

Junior
“Right now I can honestly say that I’m very close to making a decision,” Brown told InsideTheU after the game. “I’m still talking it over with my friends, my family trying to see what’s the best option for me, but early signing day I will be signing and enrolling at a school early.”

Being a South Florida native, Miami is a place that Brown feels comfortable especially with his family close by.

“That’s home. That’s the crib. I love the way Manny Diaz and coach [Mike] Rumph have the defense looking right now and I feel like it will be a good fit for me,” Brown said.

The short distance between Brown and his family if he were to elect to play his college ball in Coral Gables doesn’t hurt the Hurricanes chances, but the corner also knows he needs to look out for his best interest.

“People would say that, but for me it’s all about what’s best for me, even if that means leaving home,” the defensive back said.

Ultimately, Brown is looking for a place where he can compete for early playing time in a defense that’s going to compliment his skill set while making him feel at home.

“The factor for me is being able to play early, a defense that’s going to fit me best and whoever is going to be able to take care of me and bring me into the brotherhood,” Brown said.

At Miami, Brown see’s a few of those factors which he considers valuable to his decision making process. The Hurricanes only have one player at his position committed this cycle and that’s Tim Burns Jr., who was on the opposite sideline Friday night.

“Definitely looking at that. That definitely raised an eyebrow for me when I noticed the thin depth chart and everything. Miami definitely raised a signal and I feel like that’s something I’ve been keeping my eyes on for a long time and I feel that’s something that could possibly make a good impression on me when I make a decision,” Brown said.

Another program the four-star has been linked to in the past is Virginia Tech and Brown spoke highly of one of the Hurricanes in-conference rivals.

“I feel Virginia Tech looks really good,” Brown said. “Definitely a place that I can go and play and establish myself.”

Auburn is another school in his top five that has the cornerbacks attention. Playing his college football in the SEC is something that intrigues him.

“That’s a place, you know what I’m saying, SEC. So I feel like that’s a place I need to go and establish myself early. Being with that, Auburn will be a good place for me too,” Brown said.

Ole Miss is another program that has left a strong impression on Brown and he could see himself playing his college ball in the Magnolia State as well.

“Oxford, man I loved it,” Brown said. “[Cornerbacks coach Terrell Buckley], he’s been pushing for me hard and that’s a place that I can go and play early. The SEC is a place that I could definitely establish myself.”

Advertisement
He wants to play early - He states he sees how thin we are at his position. And that will make a good impression when he decides to make a decision.

Wants to go somewhere that will compliment his skill set - He states he "loves" the way Manny and Rumph have the defense looking.

Yeah it seems like we're the perfect situation for him.... But I just get the feeling he really doesn't want to play here. I hope I'm wrong and just reading too much into things

He wants to play early - He states he sees how thin we are at his position. And that will make a good impression when he decides to make a decision.

Wants to go somewhere that will compliment his skill set - He states he "loves" the way Manny and Rumph have the defense looking.

Yeah it seems like we're the perfect situation for him.... But I just get the feeling he really doesn't want to play here. I hope I'm wrong and just reading too much into things
Nope dude is def looking to go elsewhere

Advertisement

Nah lol

A couple of years ago this exact recruitment at a position of need would have Me red in the face mad...

Legit not even shocked that Rumph is again going to brick a layup on this recruitment

I don’t know the man personally but holy **** must he be the most awkward dude in the world that he can’t seem to land ANYONE

Advertisement
Advertisement
Covington.....film doesn't lie. Want him. Markevious, too, but I'd take Covington and a surprise later as opposed to waiting around on this kid.

If it weren't for that bag dropped in early August.....this would be such a different conversation. Still hungover from losing Marshall last min.

So, if we promoted DVD to CB coach, and I understand that some of us would want someone different, who do you think he'd pull next cycle?

Advertisement
Shadow’s Rule: if Miami recruits a local kid aggressively and they haven’t signed by the start of football season, they’re not coming.

There are exceptions to the rule. But it’s very rare and usually due to the kid not landing with his first choice. Brown has options he likes, so he is not going to be a Cane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back