Markevious Brown Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
That right there should be the giveaway to widen the board at cb. He hasnt jumped in the boat and we fit everyone of his criteria. Also though he is from South Florida...he is from Pahokee. The Muck is the most "country" part of south florida BY FAR. Places like Oxford and Auburn are more of a fit and like major cities coming from a place that just got a Walmart.

Couple of points. Yes on Pahokee-Oxford comparison, but we have managed to sign a bunch of Muck kids in the past. So there IS a track record of making the transition, though I understand the comfort level with hick southern towns.

And if the kid is this motivated to pick a hick southern town over the hometown, there's really nothing to blame Rumph for.

Advertisement
Auburn is another school in his top five that has the cornerbacks attention. Playing his college football in the SEC is something that intrigues him.

“That’s a place, you know what I’m saying, SEC. So I feel like that’s a place I need to go and establish myself early. Being with that, Auburn will be a good place for me too,” Brown said.

Ole Miss is another program that has left a strong impression on Brown and he could see himself playing his college ball in the Magnolia State as well.

“Oxford, man I loved it,” Brown said. “[Cornerbacks coach Terrell Buckley], he’s been pushing for me hard and that’s a place that I can go and play early. The SEC is a place that I could definitely establish myself.”
Those quotes about SEC is all you need to know. Highly doubt the kid comes here.

Advertisement
Couple of points. Yes on Pahokee-Oxford comparison, but we have managed to sign a bunch of Muck kids in the past. So there IS a track record of making the transition, though I understand the comfort level with hick southern towns.

And if the kid is this motivated to pick a hick southern town over the hometown, there's really nothing to blame Rumph for.
If we don't land him it's 100% on Rumph, no amount spinning or excuse making will change that, this is his recruit.

If we don't land him it's 100% on Rumph, no amount spinning or excuse making will change that, this is his recruit.

How in god's name are we supposed to blame Rumph when a kid from the Muck wants to go back to living in a hick town?

• Haha
Reactions: NDE

I get what's happening- if Rumph knows he's going to be fired anyways at the end of the season, what's the point of him making any effort to bring in kids that he's not even going to be coaching? School pride?

It astounds me that Miami can be in this position at CB. If we strike out on Brown are there any options left? My god what a freakn disaster.

Advertisement
How in god's name are we supposed to blame Rumph when a kid from the Muck wants to go back to living in a hick town?
Because Markevious's entire family is Canes fans & he himself grew up a Canes fan...

If the CB's coach can't convince a CB who's from South FL & grew up a Canes fan to come play for him giving our Depth chart & his opportunity to play as a TF that's a fail on the CB's coach.

And in this particular recruitment Diaz has left Rumph to handle it himself, no other coach has had much if any involvement in this recruitment, he's given the responsibility to Rumph to land him. This kid ain't getting paid either, so this recruitment boils down to the ability of the position coach to sell him on the ability to develop him.

If he lands him he'll get 100% of the credit & despite people's overreaction to his interview, he is still very high on Miami & we have a very good chance of landing him, it will simply come down to how well we do of a job selling him on playing for this Defense.

Because Markevious's entire family is Canes fans & he himself grew up a Canes fan...

If the CB's coach can't convince a CB who's from South FL & grew up a Canes fan to come play for him giving our Depth chart & his opportunity to play as a TF that's a fail on the CB's coach.

And in this particular recruitment Diaz has left Rumph to handle it himself, no other coach has had much if any involvement in this recruitment, he's given the responsibility to Rumph to land him. This kid ain't getting paid either, so this recruitment boils down to the ability of the position coach to sell him on the ability to develop him.

If he lands him he'll get 100% of the credit & despite people's overreaction to his interview, he is still very high on Miami & we have a very good chance of landing him, it will simply come down to well we do of a job selling him on playing for this Defense.
And if he doesn't land him he should be given his walking papers at the end of the season.

Advertisement
I get what's happening- if Rumph knows he's going to be fired anyways at the end of the season, what's the point of him making any effort to bring in kids that he's not even going to be coaching? School pride?
I pray your right and hes already been let know he will be gettting his walking papers after the season. And his next job will show exactly what kind of coaches Miami has on its staff. Because mark my words he will not be getting another college coaching job, he’ll be back in high school. Maybe even back at heritage talking **** about us like he did before richt hired hiS bum ***. And Fvck any poster on here who still supports this abortion of a coach, fans like you are part of the problem with this program.

Advertisement
Rumph's not getting fired.
Why Liberty? How much more sub par recruiting does this program need to see at a position that grows on trees down here to finally cut the cord! It’s insanity at this point how this unqualified CB coach is still allowed to keep his job. What the **** is going on here in this program? Serious question if you have some insight good sir.

Honest opinions please...is this kid really that good? Or is he the "biggest fish" ⭐ wise at CB we are chasing?

He’s tried to fire him twice
Hopefully third times a charm! At this point I can’t even I can’t even separate Rumph the player, from Dumph the pretend CB coach. I literally just hate the guys face now, he just looks Like awkward fvck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back