Markevious Brown Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Somehow, Oxford has it's allure apparently.

Was reading recently about how in 2001, both Frank Gore (whose son is at Southern Miss) and Roscoe Parrish (whose cousin and former Columbus RB, Henry Parrish, is at Ole Miss now) were committed to Ole Miss before flipping to The U on signing day. Gore himself said if it wasn't for his mother's declining health and Curtis Johnson recruiting him to the very end, he'd have stayed with Ole Miss.

I'm sure Oxford, like many places, sucks to live in, but is great to visit. That's how they get you. Almost any place can seem like paradise in small doses. It would be smart on the part of the Miami staff to explain the difference to recruits between how great a place seems during a short visit and how different it is to live in that place for 3-4 years.
The thing is we as canes fans get it in our heads that why would anyone want to live that “hick town” but that’s just not the case anymore. And not every kid wants the bright lights big city, especially when they’ve freakin grown up in it. People want to see something different and I drove through oxford one time and I can say it was a really beautiful town. The kind of safe quiet town youd want to live in especially if your coming from the places that aren’t so safe. Which if we’re being honest, that’s most of the recruits down here. Plus you get that classic college campus life which is an allure for some because if we’re being honest, it’s fun life with all the parties and stuff.

Exactly even da top teams only 2 or 3 elite/serviceable cb's...look at bama after surtain who they got?

Hate to say it but Jobe is looking good for Bama. Will probably be a 2nd rounder

Advertisement
So if Curtis is going to be a WR here which I really hope, Miami has 1 cb committed. If Blades decided to bolt for the draft which would be a mistake then Miami has 5 cbs for 2021. Need 1-2 more for sure. I think 7 is perfect to have on the roster. Question is will we get 1-2 more corners?

They are def going to save a spot or two and rely on the portal or a transfer to bolster CB. Getting a blue chip CB ready to start day 1 as a freshman is difficult. If you can grab a GT or someone with more experience, the plug and play may be easier which is what we need.

Advertisement
Hate to say it but Jobe is looking good for Bama. Will probably be a 2nd rounder
Of course he's good it was just hate from the fans cause he dissed us. Kids a good player on the field and has help with there front 7.

Advertisement
Lol at flipping haha

I knew better then.....knew if Bama wanted that player they were getting them.

You aren't wrong about the "flipping" of Williams. They definitely did not have room for him and went in a different direction, which opened the window for us.

But, my man, you are all too often bringing up Bama. As an exercise, I would respectfully suggest you try not to mention Bama in any posts for one month. Think of it like a juice cleanse or intermittent fasting -- a way to try and rid your body of that Bama poison. Good for the mind, body, and soul.

Advertisement
Is like a herd mob mentality in here, everyone's solution is fire Rumph.
Is not even signing day yet.
Besides you don’t fire a coach for what h.s. kids do or don't do.
You fire him for on field performance and results.
Ivey, Blades, Couch have all play well. Even Dunson on his limited playing time has looked good.
We already have Curtis and Burns committed.
Let's see who else we get on signing day before calling for people's head.

If we're being honest schools like Wake, BC, Duke, Cuse, GT & UVA really bring down the conference footballing wise. Those are great schools for academics but when comes down to everything that comes with the culture of this sport the ACC can't match what the SEC has. As for Miami we just gotta be Miami, **** everybody else.

Exactly the definition of brainwashed, Vanderbilt, south carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, both Mississippi are just as bad as the ones you mentioned.
Yet people act as if they are elite cause they in the sec.

Is like a herd mob mentality in here, everyone's solution is fire Rumph.
Is not even signing day yet.
Besides you don’t fire a coach for what h.s. kids do or don't do.
You fire him for on field performance and results.
Ivey, Blades, Couch have all play well. Even Dunson on his limited playing time has looked good.
We already have Curtis and Burns committed.
Let's see who else we get on signing day before calling for people's head.

I agree with you, I think Rumph is a decent coach but decent doesn't win championships.

If Miami wants to get serious about winning then they need to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back