Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

Whipple was pretty good except RS kept handcuffing him insisting the offense look more "pro-style" than it did when it was successful.

Advertisement
Whipple was pretty good except RS kept handcuffing him insisting the offense look more "pro-style" than it did when it was successful.

No He didn't, Jacory threw the ball 402 times in 09', His lil' skinny *** had no business throwing the ball that much.

**** cuffs, I would've put Whipple's *** in a straight-jacket.

Look at the way he attacked a Brett Venables led Defense in 09'. In order to beat Clemson this is the type of approach that it's going to take.

Advertisement
Lol...**** No...Gary Patterson would've taken it immediately...

Yes Gary Patterson defiantly would have killed it here... 4-2-5 defense which he prides himself on speed

Not to mention he’s always been forward thinking and bringing in young hot shot OCs who brought in the spread right when it was getting mainstream

Jacory's throw to Benjamin (Not the TD) in the 09 FSU game was one of the Best throws I've ever seen a UM QB make...and under heavy pressure...I realize he threw alot of Ints...but he was a very nice and humble kid...Way too many OCs during his tenure...
I remember that throw as well. I think I might have rewound that play about 20 times. That was one of the most "on the money" and difficult throws that I have seen at any level of football. I only wish that was the level of play that Jacory displayed all of the time, but instead, his ugly twin showed up far too often.

I remember that throw as well. I think I might have rewound that play about 20 times. That was one of the most "on the money" and difficult throws that I have seen at any level of football. I only wish that was the level of play that Jacory displayed all of the time, but instead, his ugly twin showed up far too often.
I agree...an Absolutely beautiful Pass...Top 3 I've ever seen at UM....He threw for well over 400yds that game...

His ugly twin was enabled by Whipple.

Notice how Fisch sent his ugly twin to bed without supper.

Advertisement
44 INTs amongst 57 TOs in His only 2 years as OC...yeah, He would've been a great one.

LOL, even Nix wasn't that bad...Whipple was the worse OC to ever come though UM.

For the life of me I don't understand why this bozo's name keeps getting brought up 9 years after His dreadful tenure.

worst*

Jacory's throw to Benjamin (Not the TD) in the 09 FSU game was one of the Best throws I've ever seen a UM QB make...and under heavy pressure...I realize he threw alot of Ints...but he was a very nice and humble kid...Way too many OCs during his tenure...
Thank you! It always bugs the sh*t out of me when people bash Jacory without adding any context.

He played under terrible systems & didn't always have the support around him. His Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD's & 9INT's as a 65% passer, which shows his INT's could be brought way down with a better Offense.

Before 2017, Jacory was the last QB to beat FSU, he also has career wins vs Oh st, Oklahoma & was the last Miami QB to get a W vs Clemson.

He finished his career with 8,826yds 70TD's & 48INT's with a career 60.1%cmp. His biggest wins were @ FSU 09, GTech 09, Oklahoma 09, UCF 09, Pitt 10 & UNC 10.

FSU finished 7-6 in 09, GTech was 11-3 in 09, Okla was 8-5 in 09, UCF was 8-5 in 09, Pitt was 8-5 in 2010 & UNC was 8-5 in 2010.

Am I saying he was great? No. But he wasn't as bad as people always try to make him out to be & the thing I never understand on here is how people will bash Jacory & call him "Japicky" but will make every excuse in the world for Rosier & defend him at all costs & the reason they give is because Malik beat FSU... Like so did Jacory! Lol.

Thank you! It always bugs the sh*t out of me when people bash Jacory without adding any context.

He played under terrible systems & didn't always have the support around him. His Senior year he threw for 2,486yds 20TD's & 9INT's as a 65% passer, which shows his INT's could be brought way down with a better Offense.

Before 2017, Jacory was the last QB to beat FSU, he also has career wins vs Oh st, Oklahoma & was the last Miami QB to get a W vs Clemson.

He finished his career with 8,826yds 70TD's & 48INT's with a career 60.1%cmp. His biggest wins were @ FSU 09, GTech 09, Oklahoma 09, UCF 09, Pitt 10 & UNC 10.

FSU finished 7-6 in 09, GTech was 11-3 in 09, Okla was 8-5 in 09, UCF was 8-5 in 09, Pitt was 8-5 in 2010 & UNC was 8-5 in 2010.

Am I saying he was great? No. But he wasn't as bad as people always try to make him out to be & the thing I never understand on here is how people will bash Jacory & call him "Japicky" but will make every excuse in the world for Rosier & defend him at all costs & the reason they give is because Malik beat FSU... Like so did Jacory! Lol.
Exactly...

Whipple refused to dumb down his system, and eliminate the throws that Jacory couldn't make, which led to Jacory making **** poor decisions and throwing a ton of picks. Fisch did, but his offense was less explosive. The problem with Whipple was that he thought he could overcome Jacory's awful decision making. A guy like Jacory has to be managed, and Whipple isn't a QB manager. He's a pure play caller.

Advertisement
Advertisement

We're usually in agreement on most topics, but not in this case.

1.) The narrative that Jacory played in terrible systems doesn't coincide with reality. Whipple in 09' ended up putting together the 2nd best Offensive season in the last 20 yrs, according to the only metrics that really matter. You want proper context? From 09'-13'..MIA never finished lower than 23rd in the S&P+ Offensive rankings-this past yr under the Pastor we were 66th!

2.) You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that both Whipple & Fisch are/were elite Offensive minds in the college game. All one would have to do is take a closer look at their resumes to understand that. Both have spent multiple stints in the NFL, and have earned the reputation for knowing how to develop QBs. Whipple is one of the only QB coaches in the history of the NFL to win a SB with a rookie QB, and Fisch single handedly made Josh Rosen into a 1st round draft pick.

I was a fan of Ice or Cardiac, and appreciate what he did for the program, but the bottom line is he was never an NFL caliber QB. There are inherent limitations in being a 6.4", 185 lbs, pure pocket QB, that you are failing to acknowledge. Do you see many of those types of QBs in the NFL? More importantly has a QB with those type of physical tools ever won a NC in college? Both Stephen Morris (who Whipple recruited ), & Kaaya were NFL caliber QBs. If Whipple had either one of those QBs during his tenure, turnovers would've been a non-issue.

Last edited:
More importantly has a QB with those type of physical tools ever won a NC in college?

Yes, Ken Dorsey, Dorsey was barely pushing 200# at UM.

Both Stephen Morris (who Whipple recruited ), & Kaaya were NFL caliber QBs. If Whipple had either one of those QBs, turnovers would've been a non-issue.

LOL, Morris played in 09', He threw 9 INTs.

Whipple's O was *** juice.

Advertisement
Back