Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

Advertisement
44 INTs in His only 2 years as OC...He deserves it.
Yall gotta think this through a lil better. So what you're saying is jacory and Marcos interceptions were his fault not the players themselves? So with that logic does that mean mark richt was our best coordinator ever since Malik broke so many records? Whipple was not at all that bad and if we wouldve had a more mature team I got a feeling things could've been real different. Buddy liked to open it up. Cant fault him for that

Yall gotta think this through a lil better. So what you're saying is jacory and Marcos interceptions were his fault not the players themselves? So with that logic does that mean mark richt was our best coordinator ever since Malik broke so many records? Whipple was not at all that bad and if we wouldve had a more mature team I got a feeling things could've been real different. Buddy liked to open it up. Cant fault him for that

I wouldn't blame Whipple for all of the INTs, but when your successor comes in and cuts the INTs by more than half in His 2 years vs Whipple's 2 years, then yes, at the very least most of those 44 INTs were on Whipple.

And BTW, the 2012 offense was pretty young, and they only had 15 TOs...21 less than what Whipple had with a more talented & veteran team in 2010.

Whipple's tenure was abysmal.

I wouldn't blame Whipple for all of the INTs, but when your successor comes in and cuts the INTs by more than half in His 2 years vs Whipple's 2 years, then yes, at the very least most of those 44 INTs were on Whipple.

And BTW, the 2012 offense was pretty young, and they only had 15 TOs...21 less than what Whipple had with a more talented & veteran team in 2010.

That 2012 team was good enough to go 9-3. They ****ed away the Virginia game, the UNC was winnable, and they started off hot against FSU.

Advertisement
I think that had more to do with the QB. Like.. a lot more.

Then explain Jacory only throwing 9 INTs, His completion percentage jumping over 10%, & His YPC spiking by 2 yds. under Fisch?

No disrespect Bro, but the revisionist history & fond memories some have for this guy is bizarre, to say the least.

Last edited:
Then explain Jacory only throwing 9 INTs, and His completion percentage jumping over 10% under Fisch?

No disrespect Bro, but the revisionist history & fond memories some have for this guy is bizarre, to say the least.

No disrespect Bro, but you're literally like one of the dumbest porsters on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

1.) Jacory was plagued by INTs his entire career, due to his questionable arm strength.

2.) The reason why his INTs went 17-15-9 transitioning from Whipple to Fisch, is because under Fisch he threw 106 less passes!! Also if you look at his INT percentage per attempt you see that the improvement was marginal at best, which reinforces the pt that JaPicky's INTs were more his fault than the OCs. There are a multitude of factors/reasons why his INT percentage marginally improved, and his completion percentage jumped 5% pts under Fisch-not the least of which was having a more seasoned Lamar Miller. There were also numerous reasons why Jacory regressed from 09' to 10.

3.) 7th in S&P+ Offensive rankings in 09' proves that Whipple is one of the best OCs in the history of MIA Hurricanes football.

Last edited:
Advertisement

So I suppose it couldnt have simply been jacory & Steve simply being more experienced or taking care of the ball better? Couldnt have been the qb play in general just got better & took less chances? But whatever though. What do I know.

Jacory's throw to Benjamin (Not the TD) in the 09 FSU game was one of the Best throws I've ever seen a UM QB make...and under heavy pressure...I realize he threw alot of Ints...but he was a very nice and humble kid...Way too many OCs during his tenure...

No disrespect Bro, but you're literally like one of the dumbest porsters on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

1.) Jacory was plagued by INTs his entire career, due to his questionable arm strength.

2.) The reason why his INTs went 17-15-9 transitioning from Whipple to Fisch, is because under Fisch he threw 106 less passes!! Also if you look at his INT percentage per attempt you see that the improvement was marginal at best, which reinforces the pt that JaPicky's INTs were more his fault than the OCs. There are a multitude of factors/reasons why his INT percentage marginally improved, and his completion percentage jumped 5% pts under Fisch-not the least of which was having a more seasoned Lamar Miller. There were also numerous reasons why Jacory regressed from 09' to 10.

3.) 7th in S&P+ Offensive rankings in 09' proves that Whipple is one of the best OCs in the history of MIA Hurricanes football.

So Fisch, as the OC, realized that it might make sense to throw the ball less and use his run game as a means of cutting down on turnovers and being less predictable?

I don't doubt that the S&P+ Offensive ranking is a great advanced stat. But the eye test showed that his offense and play calling were predictable at best. If I remember correctly, Jacory had been running the offense his last two years in high school but once he gets to Miami, he can't even audible out of bad plays? Because his OC is so great.

Whipple's offense was mediocre. If Jacory wasn't legitimately the best QB on the team, he would've lost his starting job when Whipple left. So since Jacory was the best QB it should've been Whipple's job to develop an offense that he could thrive in. We saw him have success against FSU, G. Tech, and Oklahoma to start that '09 season. What happened after that?

People keep saying what Randy couldn't do but the only phase of the game that was truly bad during that tenure was offense (mostly because of TOs)... much like last season. Defense and special teams were more than solid. Matt Bosher might've the baddest man on the team.

So Fisch, as the OC, realized that it might make sense to throw the ball less and use his run game as a means of cutting down on turnovers and being less predictable?

I don't doubt that the S&P+ Offensive ranking is a great advanced stat. But the eye test showed that his offense and play calling were predictable at best. If I remember correctly, Jacory had been running the offense his last two years in high school but once he gets to Miami, he can't even audible out of bad plays? Because his OC is so great.

Whipple's offense was mediocre. If Jacory wasn't legitimately the best QB on the team, he would've lost his starting job when Whipple left. So since Jacory was the best QB it should've been Whipple's job to develop an offense that he could thrive in. We saw him have success against FSU, G. Tech, and Oklahoma to start that '09 season. What happened after that?

People keep saying what Randy couldn't do but the only phase of the game that was truly bad during that tenure was offense (mostly because of TOs)... much like last season. Defense and special teams were more than solid. Matt Bosher might've the baddest man on the team.
Randys 4-3 Cover 2 was terribly exploited....

Advertisement
Randys 4-3 Cover 2 was terribly exploited....

Against who?

I don't remember one game where Miami's defense just looked outmatched. Usually it was bad TO's that lead to quick swings. I was trying to find some data to support it and I think the link below does some justice. In '09, the defense wasn't great. It was Lovett's first season at Miami as DC. In his second season, the defense was on par with our 2017 defense in terms of yards/play and overall.

I'm not saying that the defense was National Championship level but the ACC was still up for grabs. If we would have stopped throwing picks, those four years would've been significantly better. I don't think Randy/Lovett's defense was the issue.

Against who?

I don't remember one game where Miami's defense just looked outmatched. Usually it was bad TO's that lead to quick swings. I was trying to find some data to support it and I think the link below does some justice. In '09, the defense wasn't great. It was Lovett's first season at Miami as DC. In his second season, the defense was on par with our 2017 defense in terms of yards/play and overall.

I'm not saying that the defense was National Championship level but the ACC was still up for grabs. If we would have stopped throwing picks, those four years would've been significantly better. I don't think Randy/Lovett's defense was the issue.
Go watch the Virginia game...last game in OB....Their TEs are still running free...Maybe you have time to still catch them...

Advertisement
I don't doubt that the S&P+ Offensive ranking is a great advanced stat. But the eye test showed that his offense and play calling were predictable at best.

So stats are great unless they don’t conform to what I’m subjectively seeing, and then stats aren’t any good?

The entire point of advanced analytics is to remove the subjective element from it.

So I suppose it couldnt have simply been jacory & Steve simply being more experienced or taking care of the ball better? Couldnt have been the qb play in general just got better & took less chances? But whatever though. What do I know.

Jacory was a Jr. in Whipple's last year & His 2nd in Whipple's system, how much more experience did He need at that time?

Far as the running game goes, our 2010 RB depth chart had Berry, Miller, Mike James, Cooper, & Storm Johnson, and Whipple's O still managed to turn the ball over 36 times.

Whipple's tenure is indefensible.

Advertisement
Back