Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whipple’s best game was his first, and he slowly deteriorated from there.

Was he better than Nix? Of course he was, but that’s a low bar.

He never figured out how to use the run game when he was down here.

And he did a horrific job of managing Jacory. Absolutely horrific.

You saw when Fisch got down here what an improvement we had on offense and how improved Jacory’s play was...and Fisch is pedestrian himself.

That’s how poorly Whipple managed J12.

In addition, he was openly insubordinate to Shannon, even in front of the players. No pe I’m not a big Shannon as a head coach fan, but you just don’t do or act the way Whipple and expect anybody to respect anybody.

Last edited:
95F6DC48-87CB-42B9-8C1E-5B7EEB73A850.gif

Advertisement
You are crazy if you think Whipple was worse than Nix or Richt. Yeah, he was long ball happy, but we had a decent O under him. Great? No. Way the **** better than what we saw last year, though.

Nothing "decent" about 57 TOs including 44 INTs.

But I sorta agree with you about Nix vs Whipple, Nix's offenses had 59 TOs including 40 INTs, so they're neck & neck at best.

LOL, Shannon's tenure was plagued by TOs, 116 TOs including 84 INTs between Nix & Whipple...unreal.

44 INTs amongst 57 TOs in His only 2 years as OC...yeah, He would've been a great one.

LOL, even Nix wasn't that bad...Whipple was the worse OC to ever come though UM.

For the life of me I don't understand why this bozo's name keeps getting brought up 9 years after His dreadful tenure.

Stop sniffing glue moron!! Instead of trying to advance a false narrative, maybe you should actually research next gen stats 1st before you start claiming whether or not an OC is bad or not. Everyone knows that the most comprehensive/predictive Offensive statistics are S&P+ rankings. According to this metric the greatest Offensive season that MIA has had in the last 20 yrs was during our last championship season in 01' when we ranked 3rd under Chud. In 2009, during Whipple's 1st yr we ranked 7th in the S&P+ Offensive rankings!! The next yr in 2010, which was also his last yr @ MIA-we ranked 23rd. He managed to accomplish all this with JaPicky as the QB and Radio as the HC-that is no small feat my friend. Regardless..I I think it's safe to say that if Whipple was the OC these last 3 yrs, there's a strong probability that MIA would've been on the cusp of the CFB playoffs. Blaming INTs on an OC, while the QB was inexperienced and possessed questionable arm strength shows how very little you actually know about the game.

I'm convinced that besides the MIA administration, the biggest reason why MIA has been a dumpster fire of a program is due to our POS fanbase. It is literally filled with imbeciles who know absolutely nothing about the game, but yet have the audacity to continue to speak with conviction & arrogance.

Last edited:
Prove me wrong.

09 coulda been a good one.

He's literally one of the greatest OC's in the history of this program-next gen stats prove that. After MIA plays Pitt this yr, all of the morons in this fanbase will begin to put some Respek on his name. Believe that

Advertisement
Stop sniffing glue moron!! Instead of trying to advance a false narrative, maybe you should actually research next gen stats 1st before you start claiming whether or not an OC is bad or not. Everyone knows that the most comprehensive/predictive Offensive statistics are S&P+ rankings. According to this metric the greatest Offensive season that MIA has had in the last 20 yrs was during our last championship season in 01' when we ranked 3rd under Chud. In 2009, during Whipple's 1st yr we ranked 7th in the S&P+ Offensive rankings!! The next yr in 2010, which was also his last yr @ MIA-we ranked 23rd. He managed to accomplish all this with JaPicky as the QB and Radio as the HC-that is no small feat my friend. Regardless..I I think it's safe to say that if Whipple was the OC these last 3 yrs, there's a strong probability that MIA would've been on the cusp of the CFB playoffs. Blaming INTs on an OC, while the QB was inexperienced and possessed questionable arm strength shows how very little you actually know about the game.

I'm convinced that besides the MIA administration, the biggest reason why MIA has been a dumpster fire of a program is due to our POS fanbase. It is literally filled with imbeciles who know absolutely nothing about the game, but yet have the audacity to continue to speak with conviction & arrogance.

He's literally one of the greatest OC's in the history of this program-next gen stats prove that. After MIA plays Pitt this yr, all of the morons in this fanbase will begin to put some Respek on his name. Believe that

Spencer?

I wouldn't say that, but He was one of the worse OCs to ever come through UM.

You gotta be squintin' your eyes real hard if you saw anything redeemable about His tenure.

No Shannon wasn’t the best coach in the world but 2010 Whipple’s play calling cost Shannon his job. Whipple just seemed like he was trying to prove that he was the better coach than the head coach and it cost us games we should have won.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say that, but He was one of the worse OCs to ever come through UM.

You gotta be squintin' your eyes real hard if you saw anything redeemable about His tenure.

Again..can you actually prove what you're saying, or are you only making baseless, POS, statements that are based on emotions & not evidence? Notice how I provided you with COLD, HARD, FACTS ?

Advertisement
Back