Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
In an ideal scenario, Whipple probably could have been successful at Miami. We had pretty stout talent on that offense. I'm a Jacory Harris fan too, so I personally don't think the issue was there. Randy Shannon was the coach though, and I think even he is sold on the idea that that's not his position of strength.

Given Whipple's track record before and since, I think "solid" is a fair description of him. I liked Jedd Fisch more, but they were both head and heals better than Patrick Nix.

9AB5EE9D-BC5C-4E1E-BAEB-394DFCFD1A56.jpeg

44 INTs amongst 57 TOs in His only 2 years as OC...yeah, He would've been a great one.

LOL, even Nix wasn't that bad...Whipple was the worse OC to ever come though UM.

For the life of me I don't understand why this bozo's name keeps getting brought up 9 years after His dreadful tenure.
You are crazy if you think Whipple was worse than Nix or Richt. Yeah, he was long ball happy, but we had a decent O under him. Great? No. Way the **** better than what we saw last year, though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In an ideal scenario, Whipple probably could have been successful at Miami. We had pretty stout talent on that offense. I'm a Jacory Harris fan too, so I personally don't think the issue was there. Randy Shannon was the coach though, and I think even he is sold on the idea that that's not his position of strength.

Given Whipple's track record before and since, I think "solid" is a fair description of him. I liked Jedd Fisch more, but they were both head and heals better than Patrick Nix.

Didn’t they have to talk Randy into the job when no one else would take it?

Advertisement
Back