Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

Advertisement
Dude Whipple was trash and Jacory was WAYYYYYYY better under Fisch. You can pull up all the stats you want, from wherever you want but Jacory was a completely different QB as soon as Fisch arrived.

Yeah..because hoe ***, uninformed, judgemental, OPINIONS, from delusional & clueless fans are so much more important than actual FACTS & EVIDENCE. We actually have idiots in our fanbase that BELIEVE Whipple was as bad as Nix.

1.) Nix Offense in 08' - 59th in the country.
2.) Whipple Offense in 09' - 7th in the country, in addition to being the 5th most productive in program history.
-Any intelligent person can clearly see they are both the same..right? FOH

Final pt is this-While it is true that due to a more conservative approach from Fisch, Jacory's INT %, and efficiency improved. In terms of overall offensive output & production the best season still came in 09' under Whipple. The best that Fisch's Offense ever did @ MIA was rank 21st in the country.

Last edited:
Regardless of what you want to call him, he was undeniably better under Fisch

He was a senior who was gun shy bc of all the interceptions years prior. He was TRASH!

Even in his comeback win vs Duke during his freshman season. He threw multiple footballs to the other team but they couldn’t catch.

Jacory Harris was trash

Advertisement
Never said Jacory was elite.

Whipple's O had more turnovers in 1 year (36 in 2010), than Fisch's O in 2 years (34 in 11' & 12').

Whipple was no better than Nix.

These are elite Lies you’re telling. Go check our total offense & scoring offense rankings under Nix vs Whipple.

Jacory Harris was str8 GARBAGE

[/QUOTE]
Nonsense.

Nonsense my a$$. He was trash. He was just gun shy & “safer” with the football bc the fan base was sick of him & his history of throwing picks.

He was & is TRASH! IDGAF what anyone says. I attended every home game & a few away games every year during his tenure. He was TRASH

2008 Fr Nix 118-194 60.8% 1195 yd 12td 7int

2009 So Whipple 252-406 59.6% 3353yd 24td
17int

2010 Jr Whipple 148-270 54.8% 1793yd 14td 15 int

2011 Sr Fisch 195-300 65% 2486 20td 9int

Mind you, this 2011 total includes a 4 int performance in his last game playing hero ball and with a bad thumb on his throwing hand through a large part of his career. Otherwise he has only 5 int in 2011.

He regressed in efficiency under Whipple both years but was SOLID under Fisch. I could chalk 09 up to sophomore slump, but he got even worse under Whipple in his third year starting.

Fisch comes in. Less floaters, completion percentage up 10 points, 800 more yards, tds go up, and ints go way down.

Jacory was an average college qb. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
Mark Whipple’s failure was his inability to adapt to his QB and fact that he knew Randy was in over his head.

With Morris I think he would have had a lot more success.
I'm not sure what there is to discuss, you've hit the nail on the head on the first page.

Whipple would have been good if he could have internalized the fact that Jacorry couldn't riffle the ball downfield. That was it. Jacorry threw some INTs on his own, but at least half of them where long throws that just floated up there for a defender to come down with. Other than that, Whipple wasn't bad.

I'm starting to think that the thing all bad coaches have in common is that they don't understand the players they actually have. They call plays for a certain type of player, but fail to change when they don't have that type of guy on the team. Richt couldn't stop calling running plays like we had an OL that was going to bully people. Whipple couldn't stop calling plays as if Jacorry had a rifle arm. Doritos couldn't stop calling plays as if we had some fat-*** nose tackle eating up 3 blocks every play.

I don't know if this applies to other teams, but Miami certainly keeps having the exact same problem. Coaches who can't adapt to their players.

2008 Fr Nix 118-194 60.8% 1195 yd 12td 7int

2009 So Whipple 252-406 59.6% 3353yd 24td
17int

2010 Jr Whipple 148-270 54.8% 1793yd 14td 15 int

2011 Sr Fisch 195-300 65% 2486 20td 9int

Mind you, this 2011 total includes a 4 int performance in his last game playing hero ball and with a bad thumb on his throwing hand through a large part of his career. Otherwise he has only 5 int in 2011.

He regressed in efficiency under Whipple both years but was SOLID under Fisch. I could chalk 09 up to sophomore slump, but he got even worse under Whipple in his third year starting.

Fisch comes in. Less floaters, completion percentage up 10 points, 800 more yards, tds go up, and ints go way down.

Jacory was an average college qb. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 things.

1.) In 2010, he suffered a concussion in wk 8, and ended up missing the next 3 games.

2.) in 2011, despite him being a Sr, throwing less floaters, improved comp %, 800 more yds, lower Int %, improved efficiency, and having better talent around him, the Offense as a whole, which in the end is the only thing that really matters, improved from 23rd in the country to 22nd. So clearly you're overstating and blowing out of proportion the improvements that Jacory made under Fisch compared to Whipple. What you're doing is cherrypicking stats, and then extrapolating those findings, so you can reach broad/generalized conclusions about which OC was better. I'm sorry, but that's just not how advanced analytics or multi-variate analysis works.

Last edited:
2 things.

1.) In 2010, he suffered a concussion in wk 8, and ended up missing the next 3 games.

2.) in 2011, despite him being a Sr, throwing less floaters, improving his comp %, 800 more yds, Int % down, better efficiency, having more talent around him, the Offense as a whole, which in the end is the only thing that really matters, improves from 23rd in the country to 22nd. So clearly you're overestimating and blowing out of proportion the improvements that Jacory made under Fisch compared to Whipple. What you're doing is cherrypicking stats, and then extrapolating those findings, so you can reach broad/generalized conclusions about whether an OC was good or not. I'm sorry, but that's just not how advanced analytics or multi-variate analysis works.

Your hate for Jacory is strong. It’s ok.

22nd in what? Yards. So he responsible for the run game too? Yards don’t mean anything if the offense is a turnover factory like it was under Whipple.

The team passing numbers are much better under Fisch too.

I never made any declaration whether he was good or bad as oc. I see him much the same as Jacory. Really good in some ways and really bad in others. Overall just average. Pass,run, pass turnover was aggravating, but those teams had more problems than Whipple and Jacory (namely Shannon’s shortcomings).

You’re reaching real hard to sh*t on J Skinny. He was better under Fisch. It’s a fact, Spencer. Everything will be ok though.

Your hate for Jacory is strong. It’s ok.

22nd in what? Yards. So he responsible for the run game too? Yards don’t mean anything if the offense is a turnover factory like it was under Whipple.

The team passing numbers are much better under Fisch too.

I never made any declaration whether he was good or bad as oc. I see him much the same as Jacory. Really good in some ways and really bad in others. Overall just average. Pass,run, pass turnover was aggravating, but those teams had more problems than Whipple and Jacory (namely Shannon’s shortcomings).

You’re reaching real hard to sh*t on J Skinny. He was better under Fisch. It’s a fact, Spencer. Everything will be ok though.

No..not in yds but in advanced analytics. You don't even understand what those are, and how they work, but yet here you are trying to defend JaPicky. If you actually read my other posts, you would realize that I'm not trying to hate on Ice or Cardiac. I've only stated the fact that Jacory had many limitations as a QB, which ultimately contributed heavily to him being turnover prone. Also if anyone has earned the benefit of the doubt, it would be Whipple & Fisch. They both have accomplished more in their respective careers, than Jacory has in his.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These are elite Lies you’re telling. Go check our total offense & scoring offense rankings under Nix vs Whipple.

Jacory Harris was str8 GARBAGE

I don't care about total offense, yards ain't points.

Every possession is a scoring opportunity.

Turnovers eliminate scoring opportunities.

116 turnovers between Nix & Whipple.

If anything Whipple was the best of the worst.

Nonsense my a$$. He was trash. He was just gun shy & “safer” with the football bc the fan base was sick of him & his history of throwing picks.

He was & is TRASH! IDGAF what anyone says. I attended every home game & a few away games every year during his tenure. He was TRASH
[/QUOTE]
As for as multiple year starters in the modern era (I'm not knowledgeable of teams from the 70s and earlier), Kyle Wright was worse than Jacory imo. Took a potential championship team and slowly burned it to the ground (with help from others obviously), even got benched for Kirby

Advertisement
****...the Hate for Jacory is unsettling....Everyone is well aware of the Picks...There's alot of other Former UM QBs who should be sh*tted on before Jacory...
Kid went through way too many OCs while he was here. No stability whatsoever....Not saying he would've been an All Time Great...but it was a great disservice to him.
Would've Loved to see him with a Rob Chudzinski/Dan Werner type of OC/QB coach for 4yrs...would've turned out alot better. As far as Arm strength...he had plenty...the throw he made to TB against FSU in 09 is proof....Great Kid...Humble & Well spoken....Hate all you want....

Last edited:
Yeah..because hoe ***, uninformed, judgemental, OPINIONS, from delusional & clueless fans are so much more important than actual FACTS & EVIDENCE. We actually have idiots in our fanbase that BELIEVE Whipple was as bad as Nix.

2.) Whipple Offense in 09' - 7th in the country, in addition to being the 5th most productive in program history.

Final pt is this-While it is true that due to a more conservative approach from Fisch, Jacory's INT %, and efficiency improved. In terms of overall offensive output & production the best season still came in 09' under Whipple. The best that Fisch's Offense ever did @ MIA was rank 21st in the country.
Lol, never said he was as bad as Nix. Not many can have that title.

So, essentially, with Patrick Nix's awful *** offense we would have likely made the ACCCG. That puts Richt's offense in a whole different perspective.

As for as multiple year starters in the modern era (I'm not knowledgeable of teams from the 70s and earlier), Kyle Wright was worse than Jacory imo. Took a potential championship team and slowly burned it to the ground (with help from others obviously), even got benched for Kirby
[/QUOTE]

Man I don’t care about any of that. Jacory Harris was trash

Advertisement
Back