Mark whipple wasnt really that bad

****...the Hate for Jacory is unsettling....Everyone is well aware of the Picks...There's alot of other Former UM QBs who should be sh*tted on before Jacory...
Kid went through way too many OCs while he was here. No stability whatsoever....Not saying he would've been an All Time Great...but it was a great disservice to him.
Would've Loved to see him with a Rob Chudzinski/Dan Werner type of OC/QB coach for 4yrs...would've turned out alot better. As far as Arm strength...he had plenty...the throw he made to TB against FSU in 09 is proof....Great Kid...Humble & Well spoken....Hate all you want....

He was trash..period! He & Shannon was part of the reason we had so many OC’s. Jacket was trash.

Dan Werner ruined our offense & Kyle Wright.

Advertisement
I don't care about total offense, yards ain't points.

Every possession is a scoring opportunity.

Turnovers eliminate scoring opportunities.

116 turnovers between Nix & Whipple.

If anything Whipple was the best of the worst.

Of course you don’t bc the Facts say otherwise..your mouth is the only liar here.

Jacory Harris was TRASH

I'm not sure what there is to discuss, you've hit the nail on the head on the first page.

Whipple would have been good if he could have internalized the fact that Jacorry couldn't riffle the ball downfield. That was it. Jacorry threw some INTs on his own, but at least half of them where long throws that just floated up there for a defender to come down with. Other than that, Whipple wasn't bad.

I'm starting to think that the thing all bad coaches have in common is that they don't understand the players they actually have. They call plays for a certain type of player, but fail to change when they don't have that type of guy on the team. Richt couldn't stop calling running plays like we had an OL that was going to bully people. Whipple couldn't stop calling plays as if Jacorry had a rifle arm. Doritos couldn't stop calling plays as if we had some fat-*** nose tackle eating up 3 blocks every play.

I don't know if this applies to other teams, but Miami certainly keeps having the exact same problem. Coaches who can't adapt to their players.

So change his offense for a noodle arm QB that cant throw of whom your HC is forcing you to start & making you run a pro style offense bc he wants to get him to the NFL.

Y’all say anything

In terms of market credibility in the coaching profession all you need to do is look at career trajectories to determine if any of these guys being discussed: Whipple, Fisch, and Nix, are worth their salt.

Nix never progressed beyond an assistant coach in college and it was a questionable hire by Shannon for him to be an OC at a major D1 institution to begin with. He is currently a head coach of a high school team. Enough said.

Whipple has been head coach in the college ranks, as well as assistant coach and coordinator, and has worked in the pros as an assistant. He is currently OC at Pitt. We will see his offense in action this season.

Fisch has been an assistant in college, including OC, and has NFL experience as an assistant. He is currently on the Rams staff as an offensive assistant.

Conclusion? Nix should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the other two. Fisch and Whipple turn out to be basically a wash. I'd give Fisch the edge in youth and he is working in a pretty innovative offense in the NFL so is still developing his craft. Whipple is pretty much set in his ways and is brash and stubborn. Probably thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and acts it. I'm sure that rubs people the wrong way and has probably hurt his career in some ways, but I like him as an OC in college. I think Pitt picked up a quality coach and their offense should be better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In terms of market credibility in the coaching profession all you need to do is look at career trajectories to determine if any of these guys being discussed: Whipple, Fisch, and Nix, are worth their salt.

Nix never progressed beyond an assistant coach in college and it was a questionable hire by Shannon for him to be an OC at a major D1 institution to begin with. He is currently a head coach of a high school team. Enough said.

Whipple has been head coach in the college ranks, as well as assistant coach and coordinator, and has worked in the pros as an assistant. He is currently OC at Pitt. We will see his offense in action this season.

Fisch has been an assistant in college, including OC, and has NFL experience as an assistant. He is currently on the Rams staff as an offensive assistant.

Conclusion? Nix should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the other two. Fisch and Whipple turn out to be basically a wash. I'd give Fisch the edge in youth and he is working in a pretty innovative offense in the NFL so is still developing his craft. Whipple is pretty much set in his ways and is brash and stubborn. Probably thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and acts it. I'm sure that rubs people the wrong way and has probably hurt his career in some ways, but I like him as an OC in college. I think Pitt picked up a quality coach and their offense should be better.

I don't care about their "career trajectories", Nix & Whipple both sucked at UM.

When you look at all the weapons that Whipple had at His disposal compared to Nix, Whipple actually sucked more.

Don’t make him my favorite OC bc your nephew was one of the worst QB’s in Miami history.

The person you were addressing doesn't even realize that UMass recently became an FBS program, and during Whipple's tenure they were still going through a transitional period. Most teams they played against, they were severely overmatched, but despite that they still managed to have some of the best passing offenses in the country, yr in, & yr out.

Last edited:
I don't care about their "career trajectories", Nix & Whipple both sucked at UM.

When you look at all the weapons that Whipple had at His disposal compared to Nix, Whipple actually sucked more.

So having the 7th ranked offense in '09 sucks in your book?

Advertisement
****...the Hate for Jacory is unsettling....Everyone is well aware of the Picks...There's alot of other Former UM QBs who should be sh*tted on before Jacory...
Kid went through way too many OCs while he was here. No stability whatsoever....Not saying he would've been an All Time Great...but it was a great disservice to him.
Would've Loved to see him with a Rob Chudzinski/Dan Werner type of OC/QB coach for 4yrs...would've turned out alot better. As far as Arm strength...he had plenty...the throw he made to TB against FSU in 09 is proof....Great Kid...Humble & Well spoken....Hate all you want....

Chef-We all know you're a Dade county slurper, and the majority of your posts lack objectivity, but at least try not to intervene in matters that you CLEARLY don't know much about. What..did you think I didn't notice you purposely up-voting all of the people on the forum that I was having a disagreement with. I just wanna know if you think that makes you look like a man, or a coward? Also..just because your cousin was once associated with the program, that doesn't mean you deserve additional street-cred or clout on this forum. In life..riding on someone else's coattails or being a groupie is never going to get you respect

Last edited:
Chef-We all know you're a Dade county slurper, and the majority of your posts lack objectivity, but at least try not to intervene in matters that you CLEARLY don't know much about. What..did you think I didn't notice you purposely up-voting all of the people on the forum that I was having a disagreement with. I just wanna know if you think that makes you look like a man, or a coward? Also..just because your cousin was once associated with the program, that doesn't mean you deserve additional street-cred or clout on this forum. In life..riding on someone else's coattails or being a groupie is never going to get you respect
Eat a Bag of Aids infested D*cks....And quit yelling at People Faqquit...

Advertisement
Haven’t really been paying attention to this thread but the hate Jacory gets never ceases to amaze me. Everyone knows his limitations but it’s like some of y’all completely forgot about some of the other QBs we’ve trotted out there the last 15 years...or the last 2 for that matter.

He's blaming ALL turnovers on the OC, even FUMBLES!! :ROFLMAO:

Of course I am, why shouldn't I?

LOL, Cripple's O threw 27 INTs in 2010, you wanna how long it took after Cripple to match & exceed that unprecedented 1 year of incompetence...2 1/2 years...2...1/2...years.

LOL, took over 3 years to match His total turovers.

Of course I blame it all on Him.

Advertisement
Back