Mark Richt Hurricane Hotline Interview 12/10 questionable comments

Advertisement
Do we at least have the A/C blasting in the ipf to simulate the cold up in nyc?

Not the same I know but it’s better than go8ng from 80 to 20’s

This interview is very telling of who our coach is. Starting at the 2:30 minute mark until about 2:55 minute mark he talks about not utilizing the approximate extra 15 practices that you get during bowl season and that he would only use 8 practices to focus on the opponent. Shouldn’t he be utilizing every chance he gets to work with our roster to get better and especially for the offense who held us back from being a better team this season. To me this shows our HC lacks self awareness and just does not have that killer mentality to make us great or to be great at his craft himself. I guess he only wants to do just enough to get bye or indeed this is just his retirement gig and he is waiting for our administration to realize he catfished us and the gig is up.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/560-wqam/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>
He got paid by duping the AD and BOT to give him a new contract and once he has a pocket full of money now he doesn't have to work as hard. So Richt is really out to lunch the rest of his contract!

Advertisement
LoL, he's the headcoach, he can do what he wants, who cares, if the team wins its a mute point and im cool with it, plus he's protecting the health of the players, im sure he'd rather practice the 8 closes days leading up to the game than use 2 straight weeks of nothing new. His bowl record and winning percentage speals for itself!

We're 7-5 this year. What's your point?

He doesn't care. I just listened to the podcast from yesterday and the guy has no fire in him.

This interview is very telling of who our coach is. Starting at the 2:30 minute mark until about 2:55 minute mark he talks about not utilizing the approximate extra 15 practices that you get during bowl season and that he would only use 8 practices to focus on the opponent. Shouldn’t he be utilizing every chance he gets to work with our roster to get better and especially for the offense who held us back from being a better team this season. To me this shows our HC lacks self awareness and just does not have that killer mentality to make us great or to be great at his craft himself. I guess he only wants to do just enough to get bye or indeed this is just his retirement gig and he is waiting for our administration to realize he catfished us and the gig is up.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/560-wqam/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This is obviously disappointing, but you indicated he would use 8 of the 15 on the opponent, did he say he would use the other seven as "general" practices if there is such a thing, or is he gonna give the team the time off?

Advertisement
You know, I had so much joy and excitement after AG was fired and we hired a guy who had 150+ wins in the SEC over 15 years. That feeling is long gone at this point. This is just amateur hour and I can't do anything else but shake my head. Another in the long line of reasons why MR is not a championship caliber coach or leader. Purposely giving up 7 practices to get the young guys better......I just can't.

And the worst part about this is, if Manny does in fact leave, we will have to wait until the end of the 2020 season to get rid of this guy. He will have a built in excuse for next season if Manny leaves.

LOL. I half-assed joked about this weeks ago when it was brought up that making a bowl game would be imperative b/c of the extra practices. I joked and said knowing Richt he would say we don’t need all the practices b/c he want his players healthy (or something to that effect).

Welp, looks like it was true. I’m telling you, the game has passed him by. Richt is only good for reading children’s book to his grand kids. I wish he would do the right thing and just go w his original plan and retire already.

Props to you for listening, I just can't listen to his drivel anymore
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can see the logic of not using the 15 sessions for a meaningless bowl.
1. you can risk injuring seniors that are looking to go pro;
2. risking serious injury to important players next year;
3. tbh how much can you really improve on 7 practices when your offense looks like **** the whole year

And those practices woud take away from coaches being on the trail recruiting, no?

That's incredibly disappointing. I listened to that part because I was sure you guys were overreacting and taking his words wrong out of anger. Seems like I was wrong, he definitely said 8 practices and that they don't like to do a "spring ball type of thing like some people do". If the team hadn't just had a bunch of time off, and weren't about to get a bunch more time off, I could see taking it easy. But this? This is just stupid. There's no reason not to get as much practice as possible, fck knows everybody needs it. I'm sure he'll be looking directly in the mirror when the team fails to execute in NY.

@kryptonite ur my guy. U’ve been one of the most even-keeled posters here. U give it to Richt when deserved, but u also go to bat for the program, and honestly, I appreciate your posts.

However, as a CIS friend, I’m just warning you to not get ur hopes up on Richt looking in the mirror. No one will force him to. He has his son as his right hand man, players he formerly coached working for him, and an AD who’s more concerned w fundraising than sports.

Richt is truly in Paradise. He’s making $4m/yr (the most he’s ever made, mind you)...he’s got his wife on the side lines, grand kids, and his dream fulfilled of coaching w his son. If Golden milked the “cloud” excuse, Richt is milking every other excuse (e.g, playing too many young guys, not enough depth, losing players to injuries, lack of execution, trying to “build something” here, etc.) to justify incompetence. No one on his staff is forcing his accountability, maybe except Diaz, privately, and I feel there’s a little friction where’s it’s Defense AND Offense v. being a team.

I hope we win this game against Wisc b/c I truly bleed for this team, and we need to exact revenge; however, if we lose, we can all come and point back to this thread....****, if we win, but we look like dog chit doing it, we can come back to this thread.

Imho, I full expect nothing to change. The more leadership we lose from this team, the further I can see us slipping, if someone doesn’t step in to stop this madness.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back