Mark Richt Hurricane Hotline Interview 12/10 questionable comments

ScorpioCane

Caniac
Premium
This interview is very telling of who our coach is. Starting at the 2:30 minute mark until about 2:55 minute mark he talks about not utilizing the approximate extra 15 practices that you get during bowl season and that he would only use 8 practices to focus on the opponent. Shouldn’t he be utilizing every chance he gets to work with our roster to get better and especially for the offense who held us back from being a better team this season. To me this shows our HC lacks self awareness and just does not have that killer mentality to make us great or to be great at his craft himself. I guess he only wants to do just enough to get bye or indeed this is just his retirement gig and he is waiting for our administration to realize he catfished us and the gig is up.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/560-wqam/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Advertisement
No wonder the kids can't learn this playbook of biblical proportions.

Wait, doesn't he always blame a lack of execution? What is the best way to improve execution?

I mean, it may not matter since the positions that don't execute have crap coaches who apparently can't coach the kids anyways, so what's the point of practicing right?

It's the chicken vs. the egg.

This interview is very telling of who our coach is. Starting at the 2:30 minute mark until about 2:55 minute mark he talks about not utilizing the approximate extra 15 practices that you get during bowl season and that he would only use 8 practices to focus on the opponent. Shouldn’t he be utilizing every chance he gets to work with our roster to get better and especially for the offense who held us back from being a better team this season. To me this shows our HC lacks self awareness and just does not have that killer mentality to make us great or to be great at his craft himself. I guess he only wants to do just enough to get bye or indeed this is just his retirement gig and he is waiting for our administration to realize he catfished us and the gig is up.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/560-wqam/12-10-18-hurricane-hotline-hour-1/embed" width="100%" height="180px" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Props to you for listening, I just can't listen to his drivel anymore

Advertisement
Advertisement
This should be fireable. You don't get to blame the players for a lack of execution on when we lose games, while giving up your half your bowl practices. On top of that, this should be the opportunity to get JW reps with the 2nd team so that we have a legit QB competition this time. As much as I have opined for Perry over Rosier; this was in large part because I knew Richt would not start a true freshman at QB, even if he was the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning.

You implement a playbook in 7on7 and the spring and then perfect it in camp leading to the season. He can add some wrinkles here and there but for anyone that thinks he is changing his playbook in 15 days is delusional.

It's not even about adding plays. Of course he's not adding plays in 2 weeks. You take any competitive advantage you get and these bowls the only advantage is extra practices. This ******* guy ******* about execution all the time and forfeits 7 free practices.

That's incredibly disappointing. I listened to that part because I was sure you guys were overreacting and taking his words wrong out of anger. Seems like I was wrong, he definitely said 8 practices and that they don't like to do a "spring ball type of thing like some people do". If the team hadn't just had a bunch of time off, and weren't about to get a bunch more time off, I could see taking it easy. But this? This is just stupid. There's no reason not to get as much practice as possible, fck knows everybody needs it. I'm sure he'll be looking directly in the mirror when the team fails to execute in NY.

Advertisement
That's incredibly disappointing. I listened to that part because I was sure you guys were overreacting and taking his words wrong out of anger. Seems like I was wrong, he definitely said 8 practices and that they don't like to do a "spring ball type of thing like some people do". If the team hadn't just had a bunch of time off, and weren't about to get a bunch more time off, I could see taking it easy. But this? This is just stupid. There's no reason not to get as much practice as possible, fck knows everybody needs it. I'm sure he'll be looking directly in the mirror when the team fails to execute in NY.

Don't hold your breath.

He'll blame execution.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back