Mark Richt Hurricane Hotline Interview 12/10 questionable comments

I can see the logic of not using the 15 sessions for a meaningless bowl.
1. you can risk injuring seniors that are looking to go pro;
2. risking serious injury to important players next year;
3. tbh how much can you really improve on 7 practices when your offense looks like **** the whole year

And those practices woud take away from coaches being on the trail recruiting, no?
You need to read the article that was posted about dabo and a host of other coaches using these practices to develop the younger players.

Advertisement
3. tbh how much can you really improve on 7 practices when your offense looks like **** the whole year

And those practices woud take away from coaches being on the trail recruiting, no?

He only used 8 for the orange bowl last year as well. I'm pretty sure that's an important bowl, especially seeing how it was Miami's first major bowl in well over a decade.

LOL. I half-assed joked about this weeks ago when it was brought up that making a bowl game would be imperative b/c of the extra practices. I joked and said knowing Richt he would say we don’t need all the practices b/c he want his players healthy (or something to that effect).

Welp, looks like it was true. I’m telling you, the game has passed him by. Richt is only good for reading children’s book to his grand kids. I wish he would do the right thing and just go w his original plan and retire already.

No doubt. Said the same **** last year after Orange Bowl. Absolutely deplorable to be this disconnected from "wanting to win" and doing the things necessary to achieve his quoted goal. Soft

Advertisement

What was your previous screen name,troll

STFU, Jon

mirror-mirror-on-the-wall_o_6109475.jpg

3. tbh how much can you really improve on 7 practices when your offense looks like **** the whole year These 7 practices are extremely important. We actually do have several good coaches that teach fundamentals. It's a great time for individual player development much like the Spring. Young dudes, redshirts need to 100% be out there 15 days.

Advertisement
Richt is not a grinder. This doesn't surprise me at all. He's very big on family and down time....these guys are not burning the midnight oil in the football offices all night, and it's by his request.

He was the same way at UGA. He's a 9 to 5 type guy and go home and spend time with your family. How he's always been.

@kryptonite ur my guy. U’ve been one of the most even-keeled posters here. U give it to Richt when deserved, but u also go to bat for the program, and honestly, I appreciate your posts.

However, as a CIS friend, I’m just warning you to not get ur hopes up on Richt looking in the mirror. No one will force him to. He has his son as his right hand man, players he formerly coached working for him, and an AD who’s more concerned w fundraising than sports.

Richt is truly in Paradise. He’s making $4m/yr (the most he’s ever made, mind you)...he’s got his wife on the side lines, grand kids, and his dream fulfilled of coaching w his son. If Golden milked the “cloud” excuse, Richt is milking every other excuse (e.g, playing too many young guys, not enough depth, losing players to injuries, lack of execution, trying to “build something” here, etc.) to justify incompetence. No one on his staff is forcing his accountability, maybe except Diaz, privately and I feel there’s a little friction where’s it’s Defense AND Offense v. being a team.

I hope we win this game against Wisc b/c I truly bleed for this team, and we need to exact revenge; however, if we lose, we can all come and point back to this thread....****, if we win, but we look like dog chit doing it, we can come back to this thread.

Imho, I full expect nothing to change. The more leadership we lose from this team, the further I can see us slipping, if someone doesn’t step in to stop this madness.

Appreciate the comments.

I've been misunderstood a time or two on here, but this is shaping up to be my most misunderstood comment. I really, really didn't mean that Richt would actually look in the mirror. I'm painfully aware that he's playing the al golden game of placing blame anywhere but on himself, and I have no illusions about that changing. It was meant to be sarcastic.

Advertisement
He is likely going to have to install a new offense and defense next year. Why bother repping the current schemes.

To get the young guys some added burn before a 3-month football hiatus. We need to start planning for next year already from a personnel standpoint and any reps help determine that.

Imho, I full expect nothing to change. The more leadership we lose from this team, the further I can see us slipping, if someone doesn’t step in to stop this madness.

LAST YEAR people were talking about the changes that "HAD TO HAPPEN".
well ....... what happened THIS YEAR ? NOTHING ! and things got worse
why does anyone expect anything to change for NEXT YEAR ? HINT: nothing will change and the program will continue to deteriorate.

i wrote this a couple weeks ago. when we see obvious problems being ignored it's a logical question to ask
if this is being done ON PURPOSE.

Advertisement
Wow. All this hysteria about the number of practices and no one bothered to do any math on it?

What day were we selected for this bowl?

December 2nd

When are finals at UM?

December 6th -12th

When is the bowl game?

December 27th

Absolute minimum time off for players and coaches for travel, Christmas Day and Christmas Eve?

Days remaining?

Are we supposed to run two a days and not give players not a single additional day off? Not even going to look up recruiting conflicts for the coaches.

Don’t know why I ask. Everyone can continue their daily hair on fire hysteria sessions.

https://registrar.miami.edu/_assets/pdf/new-site/calendars/Fall-2018.pdf

Advertisement
Back