Mark Richt Hurricane Hotline Interview 12/10 questionable comments

Advertisement
Guess I won’t be expecting this offense to pass for more than 52 yards against Wisconsin. Sigh.. Perhaps we should limit or remove Spring football too. What the **** is Richt doing?
we know what Wisky will do, smashmouth, thats their game, and so far we have not been able to man up to them. I think Manny's side will be fine unless Morks O has them on the field all day, which i fully expect

I never imagined I could hate this man when he was hired, but here we are. How do you justify not using all of your allotted practices? What's his rationale behind this? This is ****1ng inexplicable...

we know what Wisky will do, smashmouth, thats their game, and so far we have not been able to man up to them. I think Manny's side will be fine unless Morks O has them on the field all day, which i fully expect

The D was on the field for like 40 minutes vs Pitt.

Advertisement
Appreciate the info, @Texxcane, 50% buyout, what are they witing for??
Imo as far as they are concerned we good, have heard no rumblings from up top, nobody pushing BJ for change so BJ not pushing Mork for change. I was hoping all the negativity might wear on Mork to the point he tells his agent to negotiate a buyout and just retire, which he should have done after UGA, he had nothing left. I still think thats a real possibility, the heat needs to stay on him, he will never prove UGA wrong which is the REAL reason he took this job, and so far all he's done is prove UGA right

3. tbh how much can you really improve on 7 practices when your offense looks like **** the whole year These 7 practices are extremely important. We actually do have several good coaches that teach fundamentals. It's a great time for individual player development much like the Spring. Young dudes, redshirts need to 100% be out there 15 days.

I agree with this point. But expect professionalism and a grinder mentality from ritch is almost unthinkable right now

The D was on the field for like 40 minutes vs Pitt.
thats a killer man, no matter how good your D is. Makes me think of Buddy Ryan getting in that scuffle on sidelines w Houstons OC for calling stupid plays and keeping Buddy's D on the field waaay to long, anybody remember that ? I could just see Manny finally just snap, and pummel Mork on the sideline, be the best Cane ball i've seen all year lol

Wow. All this hysteria about the number of practices and no one bothered to do any math on it?

What day were we selected for this bowl?

December 2nd

When are finals at UM?

December 6th -12th

When is the bowl game?

December 27th

Absolute minimum time off for players and coaches for travel, Christmas Day and Christmas Eve?

Days remaining?

Are we supposed to run two a days and not give players not a single additional day off? Not even going to look up recruiting conflicts for the coaches.

Don’t know why I ask. Everyone can continue their daily hair on fire hysteria sessions.

https://registrar.miami.edu/_assets/pdf/new-site/calendars/Fall-2018.pdf

Was good of you to try and bring reason into this. Though this angry mob just passed by a torch and pitchfork sale and they are going to get every dime out of that purchase.

Advertisement
thats a killer man, no matter how good your D is. Makes me think of Buddy Ryan getting in that scuffle on sidelines w Houstons OC for calling stupid plays and keeping Buddy's D on the field waaay to long, anybody remember that ? I could just see Manny finally just snap, and pummel Mork on the sideline, be the best Cane ball i've seen all year lol

Yeah, in fact, at the end of the 3rd quarter, I looked up and Miami's Defense had already played a full game of defense (31 minutes), while Pitt's defense had only played a half (14 minutes).

they could negotiate a 50% buyout i believe, thats IF they wanted to of coarse which it appears they are good w status quo
Can't they offer him like some kind of ambassadorship deal like the Marlins had with Jeff Conine and Andre Dawson? Lke, just go away, man. The guy clearly does not want to win big here.

4 days ago Wisconsin already back in the lab...

Attachments

• 3C8EC992-5931-4C57-ADBB-68C6620F8CDC.jpeg
    3C8EC992-5931-4C57-ADBB-68C6620F8CDC.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 34
Advertisement
These practices are a casualty to academics. It's difficult to argue the tactic in front-loading a recruits FR & SO academic calendar in order to free up his 3rd and 4th.

That strategy is no longer some secret that doesn't reveal itself until a recruit signs his LOI and then enrolls. Now that it's common knowledge, our elite locals and nearly all with NFL prospects choose the path with lesser to minimal academic resistance.

Any hope of Golden altering what Shannon and Shalala started evaporated with the Nevin ****piro apocalypse. Although, Golden did love the Boston College model. If we've not yet run off all the family of current players, perhaps they can confirm what's still going on @ the Schwartz Center

Was good of you to try and bring reason into this. Though this angry mob just passed by a torch and pitchfork sale and they are going to get every dime out of that purchase.

Unfortunatley the words of not valuing extra practice came out of Richt’s mouth himself, so you can try and spin it however you want but the facts remain the facts. The man stated how he feels about the practices and all you can do is take a man at his word.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back