Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had more Mark Pope's on this roster over the past nearly 20 years than any of us would like to admit.

You go play for Deion Sanders, you're also signing up for the reality TV show that comes with it. It is part of the appeal. The players that play for him want to be the Louis luggage.

It seems Mark Pope continued to **** around (much like he did here) and once again had to find out.

Advertisement
Remember reading his autobiography a while back and in there he said (paraphrasing). Primetime was created in his dorm room at FSU. Primetime would be how he made his money and took care of his mother and Deion would be more of the guy he really is around close family and friends. Really no wonder why now all things he do around the camera has Prime attached to it. Everything he does is for show and his brand.

You could have done all of that song and dance without then pointing out the player. He could have talked to Mark before the meeting and let him know the team would make the decision. All he would have had to say was ok you heard the decision you’re out after this meeting. No pointing no get up and get out. That part isn’t about learning consequences, it’s just about humiliating a person.

Advertisement
Did he name names though?
It was a shtty season that I've tried to mentally suppress, so my recollection could be off, but I believe he made that comment in general, not specific, context.

Context, exactly. It was a response to being asked about players whiny parents *****ing about their kids PT. He didn't name anyone, only that if whoever wasn't happy they could come pick them up.

So your excuse for such ****ery is “ they chose to go be on a reality show “? Some kids were already there , some had no other options , some
wanted to play for the player he was. Just because they signed there doesn’t make it ok to do a public execution for millions to see. Just to push your own wgo driven bs.

I knew there’d be one tool in here defending this bs. Smh.

Yeah. The rest of your nonsense doesn't pertain to Mark Pope at all. However, the idea that kids were already there (they could have transferred), had no other options (not play for JSU is an option they had), some want to play for the player he was (you sign up to play for Coach Prime, you know what you're getting into), is some dumb dumb ****. As if players have no agency and they are shackled to their circumstance.

You're making excuses and crying for a player that was kicked off the team by a majority of the players on the roster (and according to the video after more than one talk) and upset over the manner in which it was done. lmfao. Baby thighs.

If Mario did this, this thread would be wildly different…..
To a certain extent but I'm pretty sure there would be plentyyyy of us calling him out for doing it only for self-serving reasons after leading the program to its most embarrassing season of most of our lifetimes.

But Mario or any other coach remotely worth their salt would never even consider making that a cheap reality show spectacle. Grime probably met with the producers of his show and planned that entire scene out. Weak sauce from a 55 yr old cornball.

Advertisement
To a certain extent but I'm pretty sure there would be plentyyyy of us calling him out for doing it only for self-serving reasons after leading the program to its most embarrassing season of most of our lifetimes.

But Mario and any other coach remotely worth their salt would never even consider making that a cheap reality show spectacle. Grime probably met with the producers of his show and planned that entire scene out. Weak sauce from a 55 yr old cornball.

Yes and yes…the divide would be because of the current divide…

Making it part of the documentary and including Pope having to walk out was too far.

I agree. First couple times were probably handled in house. Third strike, welcome to the real world, son. Start stepping. If your not helping, your hurting the team.
Yeah in the Real World your boss doesn't bring you into the lunch room with all the employees and a camera rolling to fire you. Hahaahah

What world do you live in.

Last edited:
He didn't manipulate anything - that was an even split based on the number of people that stood up for each vote.

It made the whole thing look even worse.
That clip was ripe with manipulation. Every time, someone would suggest, "We can give him another chance". It was shot down by the HEAD COACH saying, "We already have"! Then he would ask, "Anybody else wanna speak up?" Another Coach or player, "Yea Coach, we can suspend him and then....." Deion would interrupt. "We already tried that!" "Anybody else?" "Ok lets vote". By cutting down every "response" the way he did, he was manipulating the process, and basically pointing the kids that may have been on the fence to vote the way he wanted them to vote. That was painfully obvious. Deion was cleary steering the team in the direction that he wanted them to go. The fact that a lot of the kids stood up for Pope, even after that "sermon" by Pastor Prime, says to me that there are some free thinkers on that squad.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Didn’t see any discussion on this, but saw this clip on my Twitter TL. Deion absolutely violated Pope the way he kicked him off the team. I know Deion isn’t the most popular guy around these parts right now, but if he(and the other players) decided to get rid of Pope like this, just imagine how toxic our lockerroom was.

Hate to say it, but all these players transferring out is probably a good thing.

Corch Slime the definition of a Come Pinga in my book.

Do not know what MP did or did not do, but a made for ( self glorifying ) TV moment dragging a kid around like a dead horse letting everyone who wants a lick to get it is disgusting at the college level imo.

There are far more professional and beneficial ways to dismiss a bad egg. This is just for fun.

Curious how many team rules & ME moments Pee On had during his playing days. How many moments where he was looked upon as a “ leader “ & he set a horrible example.

Truth is only reason this man is even remotely relevant is because of his speed & mouth.

Moral Fiber, Leadership, Integrity, Tackling ( an important part of playing Def. imo )

Also was a below average outfielder, **** poor hitter, & considering his god given ability was average on the bags imo.

Nope. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Tremendo Come Pinga

Last edited:
I didn’t see nothing wrong with it for the simple fact he gave him multiple chances to get it right and he kept with the BS.,he made his bed now he gotta lay in it
Bro there are a few things wrong with it. And it aint got nothing to do with what you just said.

I agree, only get so many chances so no issue with that comment, however Deon could have truly let the team vote and be unbiased. Something like "this is the issue, this is what I am considering, but this is a team so what say yall? and the STFU.

But he did two things super slimey. 1. He knew the cameras were there for his documentary and he needed to make this watchable TV or have some drama, and 2. listen to how he slanted the vote his way, i.e. he knew the outcome and this was all done just for TV. One person asks a question about another chance and he is like nah, already gave him chances, one person said something about family, and he was like nah what if that person is poison to your family, then one kid goes if there is a cancer you cut it out and now his response was something like "yeah I like that right there" THEN he takes the vote, like man what you think your team is finna do?

Leaders would have handled this privately with Pope himself. Because he is the coach and runs things.

"Leaders" make a spectacle of it and don't take responsibility for it.

Advertisement
Bro there are a few things wrong with it. And it aint got nothing to do with what you just said.

I agree, only get so many chances so no issue with that comment, however Deon could have truly let the team vote and be unbiased. Something like "this is the issue, this is what I am considering, but this is a team so what say yall? and the STFU.

But he did two things super slimey. 1. He knew the cameras were there for his documentary and he needed to make this watchable TV or have some drama, and 2. listen to how he slanted the vote his way, i.e. he knew the outcome and this was all done just for TV. One person asks a question about another chance and he is like nah, already gave him chances, one person said something about family, and he was like nah what if that person is poison to your family, then one kid goes if there is a cancer you cut it out and now his response was something like "yeah I like that right there" THEN he takes the vote, like man what you think your team is finna do?
THIS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back