Mario on Gattis / Staff

Lol whatever credibility he has left??

These lane Kiffin groupies spin fake narratives better than CNN. :jordan:
Lol the words of a butt hurt, blind fan, thats mad bc his dude isn't producing.

I get it ur mad so ur lashing out at ppl on the site. Ur like the dude that gets sh1tted on at work and goes home and takes it out on his fam.

Anger is fine but be angry at the right ppl. Don't get angry out the ppl pointing out the problem, be angry at the problem.

Advertisement
Honestly just Incredible we had 98 yards of offense. You could get CIS to coach us to 200. Unreal with this program. We are all cursed

You also have to remember Mario wants future hires to see he won't throw them under the bus quickly and that he will do his best to stick by them publicly. Him doing things this way is to avoid burning bridges with future hires. Not everything is about keeping fans happy, especially if he wants to hire good coaches.
200.gif

Mario isn’t throwing any coaches under the bus, and being a stoic leader.

@Cribby has been saying it for weeks. Gattis is gone, looking like Ponce too

I have to imagine that how you handle the situation and treat the coaches you are about to fire is important for the process of hiring new coaches. Handle the situation professionally...don't publicly embarrasse the outgoing coaches and more door ls will open. Treat them like **** and more doors will be closed....it's a tough business and coaches understand things just don't work out but they all seem to know each other and don't want to see peers publicly embarrassed. JMO

Advertisement
I’ve said it a few times already, so I’ll say it again.

I would NOT be surprised if Gattis is here next year.

I would be disappointed, but not surprised.

You have to understand what makes him a great recruiter (relentless in the face of no) is also the thing that will sink his career (belief in bro spread)

You also have to remember Mario wants future hires to see he won't throw them under the bus quickly and that he will do his best to stick by them publicly. Him doing things this way is to avoid burning bridges with future hires. Not everything is about keeping fans happy, especially if he wants to hire good coaches.
1000% this. What good does firing Flattis due with 1 game left (or after fsu game)? After Pitt, hire right/quick, reach out to O recruits.

You have to understand what makes him a great recruiter (relentless in the face of no) is also the thing that will sink his career (belief in bro spread)
Which recruit(s) is he responsible for? Not worried about recruiting under Mario. We need competent offense to sell

I am starting to get that vibe too.... I sincerely wonder if TVD will return if that happens...

Advertisement
Not a Ponce stan by any means but anyone saying that he isn't qualified to be a P5 QB coach, let alone OC, really doesn't know ball. App State had a top 25 offense last year with Ponce as OC (rated higher than Lashlee) and looked nothing like the system we currently run now.

They haven't fallen off a ton since last year, but he's far from the issue as far as why our offense looks the way it does.
ponce is on the satterfield tree, which is exactly the type of offense everyone here is screaming for. i think he's the victim of a bad marriage with gattis (which, if anything, is mario's fault)

I am starting to get that vibe too.... I sincerely wonder if TVD will return if that happens...

He won’t.

He’ll empty out the entire QB room if Gattis stays.

If he thinks there’s someone out in the portal who’s willing to play here in this offense…well, that will cement his idiocy in my eyes.

I posted it in another thread, Dave Arranda fired Larry Fedora after 1yr at OC.
Great HC know when they made a mistake. Gattis got alot of credit for what Michigan did and on that it wasnt a bad hire. But it was not just him and thats where this mistake was made imo. Time to move on. I dont care what offense we run if its effective. UGA doesnt run these high power spread and they might go back to back.

Advertisement
1000% this. What good does firing Flattis due with 1 game left (or after fsu game)? After Pitt, hire right/quick, reach out to O recruits.
How quick is quick? Hiring a new OC may take weeks, or a month, unless members of the wish list have been chatting thru back channels.

I’m not a fan of the WR/OC combo either but ironically 3 of the guys we keep bringing up as candidates are just that. Brady, Scott and Saterfield. Saterfield is the only one I believe who has worked with some members of this staff and Brady is the only one who had success that didn’t previously work with his QBC
True, but in order to work, I believe that u gotta have a guy coaching the QBs that your OC have absolute trust in. Your OC MUST have some say in whose coaches your QBs. Idk if it can work successfully like ours, where the Head Coach hires the QB coach BEFORE the OC is hired. If I’m an OC, and you don’t know my system, know my checks, know how i want a QB to go thru his progressions, there’s NO WAY IN ****, i want you ANYWHERE near my QBs. I can’t hire you to coach the most important position on the field. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
True, but in order to work, I believe that u gotta have a guy coaching the QBs that your OC have absolute trust in. Your OC MUST have some say in whose coaches your QBs. Idk if it can work successfully like ours, where the Head Coach hires the QB coach BEFORE the OC is hired. Just my opinion.
Agreed 100% Brady is an outlier and he’s hard to judge with the talent he had as well as the limited amount of time he was at LSU

Not a Ponce stan by any means but anyone saying that he isn't qualified to be a P5 QB coach, let alone OC, really doesn't know ball. App State had a top 25 offense last year with Ponce as OC (rated higher than Lashlee) and looked nothing like the system we currently run now.

They haven't fallen off a ton since last year, but he's far from the issue as far as why our offense looks the way it does.

I'm really surprised he came down here for the QB job. I know its more money but I bet he regrets that move. I actually like Ponce because of what I saw at App State.

Advertisement
Back