Mario on Gattis / Staff

Advertisement
Keeping Gaddis around gives you the best chance to win??? Not buying it, Mario.

I bet the players would play harder if he was gone.

What's all that supposed to mean?? Just a lot of words...
At least he didn't say Gattis didn't forget how to coach...
it is clearly not just a bunch of words. he is not trashing coaches in the middle of the season.he doesn't want to have an environment where people get scapegoated in midseason. he is trying to create a culture of coming together as opposed to unraveling.

I’m hoping that this colossal failure on offense.. truly an abortion of new-age football, will dictate where we head as a program. Eventually, we would have wound up there. Hopefully this expedited the process. Cheers to changing philosophies overnight 🍻

Advertisement
The OC hire is a make or break. Its a shame to be at that point so quickly but we been here before with Manny. Manny passed that first test with flying colors and still didn’t make it in the end.

Exactly, he is handling it the right way. I believe Gattis ad Steele are done. I am see Charlie strong taking over the defense. He has a good concept.
Mario isn’t throwing any coaches under the bus, and being a stoic leader.

@Cribby has been saying it for weeks. Gattis is gone, looking like Ponc he is handling the e

On the transfer portal:

“there is a good core of guys” on this team.

“You always maintain honesty and transparency while there’s a professional obligation to continue to build. And that requires being very upfront with everyone in the organization– what they’ve done, where the organization is headed and then what is each person’s role and what is their projected role in the organization."

“We are very blunt and truthful, as it needs to be because this is a very demanding sport,” he said. “Most importantly, every ounce of effort has to be into winning this game, always being where our feet are. And when the time comes to handle certain things, sometimes it comes early and sometimes there have been plans laid out, which is later. But every ounce of focus has to be on winning this football game and giving our seniors the best chance to get a `W,’ to extend our season by another game, give ourselves a chance to be in the postseason.”

“We came here to do this the right way and do right by people but also elevate this program,” he said. “That requires some hard line decisions and not taking any bullcrap, you know? … Everything players, everything alumni, all that stuff – you need to be a tough son of a *****. That’s why this requires every ounce of what I have, the rest of the staff and players have. Just 1,000 miles per hour, take the lumps that come with it so we can keep moving forward, progressing.”

Ferman is listing the following players as already determined to be entering the portal:

Keshawn SMith
Elijah Roberts
Thad Franklin
Avery Huff
Gil Frierson
5 transfer portal players, plus 10 players whose eligibility ends after this season.

Advertisement
You also have to remember Mario wants future hires to see he won't throw them under the bus quickly and that he will do his best to stick by them publicly. Him doing things this way is to avoid burning bridges with future hires. Not everything is about keeping fans happy, especially if he wants to hire good coaches.

Mario isn’t throwing any coaches under the bus, and being a stoic leader.

@Cribby has been saying it for weeks. Gattis is gone, looking like Ponce too
i think JG is gone but i hate the preaching to parents of kids who wrongly take to social media (IMO) but wont place blame on problem coaches who make it toxic publicly as well. the entire year, gattis has blamed everyone else for his faults. at least, steele and mario take the blame themselves imo at least publicly. fwiw, ponce doesnt deserve the QBC job here unless the new OC is good w him in that role. i think the larger issues w the QBs has been one guy teaching one thing while the other guy runs something completely diff and it appears that the QBs have never touched a football in their lives in game as a result.

Advertisement
1669039959581.gif

Advertisement
Mario makes it a point for players to commit to the HC and not position coaches and coordinators

TrumpyCane remembered him saying it first couple days on the job, said most coaches won’t be at your school your whole career
and he prolly said that at oregon where he bolted on them (he was still recruiting till the day he left). you commit to the school and no one else. coaches arent guaranteed to stick around no matter who it is.

Advertisement
Back