MaRiO NeEds his OwN GuYs

Most former OL and DC’s want to depend on the trenches. Dc’s want to lean on the defense so they tend to be more conservative. Former OL do the same, lean on the run game and OL. Also tend to be conservative. If you’re conservative and stuck in your predictable ways you’re flirting with danger every week. No matter how talented you are. That’s one reason Mario always has 1-2 head scratching losses every year.

Thats why I think Venerables will be fine when it’s all said and done. Going out and hiring Lebby told me a lot about his mentality. He’s going to recruit talent and close all the holes left when Riley bounced. Plus you know that d will be right or close to right by the time they jump to the Sec.
What is even the best example of condensed set ground and pound stuff producing elite offenses?

Georgia is the big elite running team and even they pass more under Monken and still look underwhelming offensively relative to having the #1 or #2 best roster very year.

What team is Mario looking at thinking "when we get the recruits in, this will be our offense" ?

If your vision of a good offense looks more like LSU when they were playing 9-6 games against Bama than LSU when they were throwing the ball over the place then your vision ain't it. And Orgeron is right there at practice too so this ain't news to anybody.

I don't get it.

Advertisement
Team stinks, buddy.

Maybe all of these former championship coaches we have also stink...idk...

But I do know the team overall stinks and many of the players on the roster are not built for this level of football. Facts.

What is even the best example of condensed set ground and pound stuff producing elite offenses?

Georgia is the big elite running team and even they pass more under Monken and still look underwhelming offensively relative to having the #1 or #2 best roster very year.

What team is Mario looking at thinking "when we get the recruits in, this will be our offense" ?

If your vision of a good offense looks more like LSU when they were playing 9-6 games against Bama than LSU when they were throwing the ball over the place then your vision ain't it. And Orgeron is right there at practice too so this ain't news to anybody.

I don't get it.
You’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There’s not much to look forward to with Mario at the helm unless he adapts like nick Saban was forced too to win at the highest level.

Mario can’t wait to have 3 straight top 10 picks here at miami only to be in death struggles against the Virginia and dukes of the world like he did in pac 12

If Saban can change , pray tell why can't CMC ? College football is all about pace & tempo and getting players in space to make plays, forget the bunched WR plays and let TVD do what he does best throw the ball downfield
alway be thinking TD's...& chunk plays
Well Saban is a secondary coach. Might not seem like much but there’s a lot there. He has seen what gives his secondaries **** year in and year out and realized. And he realized pretty quick. Mario hasn’t shown any sign of change yet because all o-lineman inherently know is if I fire off the ball and move this guy good things will happen. He’s wired lol. (Also I’m not all the way serious but I’ve heard that said about why Saban adapted)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our 2018 class was top 10. But in reality that class was garbage. Except Greg. Bunch of busts transfers jags and a few starters like brevin Mallory scaife but no guys who blew you away except Greg who’s gone and only played a year. So trust me that our blue chip ratio may not be what it is in reality.

If UM has a full 2020 season, I think it's a near certainty Diaz pulls off a 10 win season.

We finished 8-3 with this modified schedule

20221010_141350.jpg

Here's the original pre-covid schedule

Screenshot_20221010-141646_Chrome.jpg

No Clemson. Includes Temple and Wagner.

If Diaz had won 10 games in season 2, would it have established Diaz was a "program builder" HC and he deserved more time?

If UM has a full 2020 season, I think it's a near certainty Diaz pulls off a 10 win season.

We finished 8-3 with this modified schedule

View attachment 210915

Here's the original pre-covid schedule

View attachment 210916

No Clemson. Includes Temple and Wagner.

If Diaz had won 10 games in season 2, would it have established Diaz was a "program builder" HC and he deserved more time?
we knew then king just saved Diaz from getting fired in year 2.

So Diaz gets no credit for bringing in King or having an offense that leveraged his strengths. Interesting.
no he does get credit for that. the one thing Diaz did well was the portal. he was ahead of the curve on it and I think a lot of good posters here acknowledged it. we ran a lot more w a healthy king in 2020 and passed a lot more once king never recovered and got hurt again in 2021. we shifted based on personnel. Diaz was still a bad HC though and his recruiting on D hurt him. he does get credit for Phillips too.

Advertisement
no he does get credit for that. the one thing Diaz did well was the portal. he was ahead of the curve on it and I think a lot of good posters here acknowledged it. we ran a lot more w a healthy king in 2020 and passed a lot more once king never recovered and got hurt again in 2021. we shifted based on personnel. Diaz was still a bad HC though and his recruiting on D hurt him. he does get credit for Phillips too.

So if I understand you correctly, even if Diaz wins 10 games in year 2, it doesn't mean he's a good coach. So if W/L record is not the determining factor in deciding whether a coach is good or bad, then what standard do you use?

So if I understand you correctly, even if Diaz wins 10 games in year 2, it doesn't mean he's a good coach. So if W/L record is not the determining factor in deciding whether a coach is good or bad, then what standard do you use?
for me, it was obvious early on w Diaz w how we looked that first season following UF. king masked a lot of weaknesses that second season.

for me, it was obvious early on w Diaz w how we looked that first season following UF. king masked a lot of weaknesses that second season.

So why couldn't someone say they see that same coaching weakness with Cristobal based on ATM and MTSU ? I assume you wouldnt say that UM should have given Diaz more years in the hopes he would eventually change what he is.

Advertisement
I think it's still useful as a good rule of thumb for which teams should reasonably be expected to beat MTSU.
Of course, and this is going to be the response you'll see to every criticism until we go undefeated.

Advertisement
Stupid post.

Talent doesn't mean **** if they've had 5 months of proper coaching. James Williams is a 5-star talent that plays like he's still in high school and thinks just leveling someone with his shoulder will be enough to tackle. Leonard Taylor is a 5-star talent that still makes the same mistakes he made as a freshman with crap coaching.

Stop looking at stars and look at the actual players. Saban would go 8-4 with this team.

Some of you have no life, it's the same ten posters every. single. time.

Your scenario of Manny winning 10 makes Manny a different coach. In this fantasy land he also wins more than 7 last year by proxy.

Yes...Manny Diaz is viewed differently in this alternate reality.

Advertisement
Back