MaRiO NeEds his OwN GuYs

RiDLer80

All-American
Bullsh't.

This was the 16th ranked team in the preseason.
Had a QB that was getting plenty of first round hype.
And one of only 15 teams in the country that had that magical blue chip ratio > 50%.

11191905.png

Yeah, about that...

uqjfPj7.png

You don't need a Bama-caliber roster to beat average teams like UNC or Texas A&M. You need that kind of talent to win championships, not money games against Middle Tennessee State.

Coming into the season most fans expected us to lose 3-4 games a year. The way we're playing this year, we're staring 6-7 losses in the face. This is no surprise as Cristobal routinely lost to teams he shouldn't have at Oregon. He's not a good coach, and the way he views football (run-heavy, slow paced) leaves little margin for error.

Hopefully he has an epiphany and changes the way he views football. Even with a talent advantage over 90% of the teams we play, X's and O's will matter.

Advertisement
Bullsh't.

And one of only 15 teams in the country that had that magical blue chip ratio > 50%.

11191905.png

Yeah, about that...

uqjfPj7.png

You don't need a Bama-caliber roster to beat average teams like UNC or Texas A&M. You need that kind of talent to win championships, not money games against Middle Tennessee State.

Coming into the season most fans expected us to lose 3-4 games a year. The way we're playing this year, we're staring 6-7 losses in the face. This is no surprise as Cristobal routinely lost to teams he shouldn't have at Oregon. He's not a good coach, and the way he views football (run-heavy, slow paced) leaves little margin for error.

Hopefully he has an epiphany and changes the way he views football. Even with a talent advantage over 90% of the teams we play, X's and O's will matter.
In before someone goes "He's not gonna win a natty in year 1" bro.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look at the first-year coaches on that list:

Oklahoma -- 4th in bluechip ratio, they have lost 3 games in a row and just lost forty-nine to zero to their biggest rival
LSU -- Multiple losses, one to FSU, one where they got blown out of their own stadium by Tennessee
Notre Dame -- Multiple losses, one at home to Marshall
uf -- Multiple losses, almost lost at home to USF, almost lost to Missouri
Oregon -- Lost by 500 to UGA (no real shame there), but looked pretty decent otherwise (Mario's kids?)

If we're losing to App State at home in Year 5 with the 5th highest blue-chip ratio like A&M, or being blown out of our building multiple times with the 15th highest ratio and a tenured coach like Auburn, it might be time to pull the oh **** cord.

But literally every single first-year coach on this list is struggling. Some mightily, like Venables. LSU looks absolutely awful, and as much as Kelly is a lowlife murderer, he took multiple ND teams to the playoffs and has the 7th most talent, according to this list. He may not be an elite coach, but he's not a completely terrible coach.

Again, I'm not necessarily comparing these teams to ours. And not excusing the losses, especially MTSU. But first-year coaches are struggling here, and on paper they also have a lot of talent.

The bottom line is, it's too early to tell anything long-term, good or bad. We're certainly not off to a great start here, and the last 3 weeks have given me an ulcer, but what has happened so far is NOT INDICITIVE of long-term performance. Period. It is very, very possible to build a good program in the next couple years, even with what has transpired so far. UGA had the #12 class in the country in 2014, the #8 class in 2015, and the #6 class in 2015. Kirby Smart's first year, 2016, they went 8-5. They lost to Vanderbilt, at home. They've gone to a NY6 bowl every year since. Let's give it a year or two before we go berserk.

Last edited:
Bullsh't.

11191905.png

Yeah, about that...

uqjfPj7.png

Show us on the doll where this season touched you.

Advertisement
Look at the first-year coaches on that list:

Oklahoma -- 4th in bluechip ratio, they have lost 3 games in a row and just lost forty-nine to zero to their biggest rival
LSU -- Multiple losses, one to FSU, one where they got blown out of their own stadium by Tennessee
Notre Dame -- Multiple losses, one at home to Marshall
uf -- Multiple losses, almost lost at home to USF, almost lost to Missouri
Oregon -- Lost by 500 to UGA (no real shame there), but looked pretty decent otherwise (Mario's kids?)

If we're losing to App State at home in Year 5 with the 5th highest blue-chip ratio like A&M, or being blown out of our building multiple times with the 15th highest ratio and a tenured coach like Auburn, it might be time to pull the oh **** cord.

But literally every single first-year coach on this list is struggling. Some mightily, like Venables. LSU looks absolutely awful, and as much as Kelly is a lowlife murderer, he took multiple ND teams to the playoffs and has the 7th most talent, according to this list. He may not be an elite coach, but he's not a completely terrible coach.

Again, I'm not necessarily comparing these teams to ours. And not excusing the losses, especially MTSU. But first-year coaches are struggling here, and on paper they also have a lot of talent.
Let's also remember that not all blue chips are the same. I keep pointing out Lingard as evidence of that.

Advertisement
TrumpyCane wants you to know “blue chip ratio” is overblown

Guy ranked 330 4* is considered the same as the 40th ranked 4* in “blue chip ratio”

Of our 44 4* only 23 are Top 200 recruits, of those 23, 7 are TF, 3 are Sophomores, and the other 13 are essentially players who either stunk or weren’t developed by the previous staff

Let’s compare to Bama for example

44 4* in the Top 200 out of their 60 4*, with 14 5* to add to that compared to our 2

Doesn’t excuse losing to Mid Tenn among some of the other head scratching losses over the year but saying we have so much talent is false

Any lies @Rellyrell

Zero nuance. The only game that’s completely inexcusable and absolutely heinous is MTSU. Total failure by the coaching staff. A&M in the redzone failure by Gattis. UNC is on the players, not one moment in that game when I said to myself, now that’s coaching. Adjustments were made on O and D.

Furthermore some of our highest impact players are injured, most of those on OFFENSE. I blame this staff for failing to get a portal WR and for turning down a guy at LB who’s ALL ACC. I don’t think we lose six games. I think we have a great second half the season. I think we see guys compete and fight the rest of the way. They will attack the recruiting class and portal fervently. Next year will be a major leap forward. And if we don’t secure 8 wins this year I will eat crow.

Advertisement
Back