Mario, I’m out

Advertisement
Our defense played as bad as last years defense did this game. Zero effort.
1666470126315.jpeg

Gattis is easily one of the worst OC's in the country. In life it's ok to make mistakes...but you have to identify them quickly and correct the problem even more quickly.

If Mario doesn't at least fire Gattis this offseason, I'm out as well. The ability for a CEO type coach , like Mario, to spot/identify/hire/retain good coordinators....is an ABILITY.
What does that do for Steele who is equally in over his head?

Advertisement
Our defense played as bad as last years defense did this game. Zero effort.
Worst tackling game by far. That's one thing that has been a positive for the defense this season is the tackling. Of course, they never seem to tackle well against any team when the qb runs a draw into the end zone dragging our line backers and running over our safties (Williams). I think a pop warner team could make us look bad on that play. Anyway, tackling has been much better than last year for the most part. Took a big step backwards this game.

Lane would put 52 on Duke n 70 on MTSU
Yep. With a backup QB, 3rd string center, back up guard and a tackle playing out of position.

Yep, I could see that.

You guys focus on the offense. The 2nd half defense was awful. Had a lead and then our defense could no longer stop Duke.

Advertisement
Yep. With a backup QB, 3rd string center, back up guard and a tackle playing out of position.

Yep, I could see that.

You guys focus on the offense. The 2nd half defense was awful. Had a lead and then our defense could no longer stop Duke.
How about the whole team is awful and gotten worse? Way worse. It’s beyond comprehension how this team is this bad. They beat Duke by 37 just 11 months ago. This **** is really bad.

How about the whole team is awful and gotten worse? Way worse. It’s beyond comprehension how this team is this bad. They beat Duke by 37 just 11 months ago. This **** is really bad.
That's why I think there's a deeper issue.

Forget about the offense. Look at what happened to the defense after we had a lead in the 3rd quarter. What is troubling is that we held Duke to 110 yards in the 1st half. All the 1st half points were scored off turnovers.

The defense fell apart in the 2nd half.

I could see the locker room being divided. Those who have bought in and those who have not.

Advertisement
That's why I think there's a deeper issue.

Forget about the offense. Look at what happened to the defense after we had a lead in the 3rd quarter. What is troubling is that we held Duke to 110 yards in the 1st half. All the 1st half points were scored off turnovers.

The defense fell apart in the 2nd half.

I could see the locker room being divided. Those who have bought in and those who have not.
Yes. So Mario got paid a massive salary with a massive budget and everything sucks. There is a huge issue. That being everything sucks and guys are getting worse.

That’s the deeper issue. Way more money and investment has led to worse. That means the guy in charge has been awful. That’s the deeper issue.

Advertisement
Recruits should look at Mario and ask themselves, why should should I play for this BOZO of a head coach. Not sure yet but 34 years as a season ticket holder I may be done. Mario sold UM a bill goods that has turned rotten just like our President.

Not sure it’s going to matter if we fire Gattis or not if Mario continues to insist on his philosophy on offense. Only hope is he has a lightbulb moment like Saban did some years back where he realized the way offense needed to be played these days.

Not sure it’s going to matter if we fire Gattis or not if Mario continues to insist on his philosophy on offense. Only hope is he has a lightbulb moment like Saban did some years back where he realized the way offense needed to be played these days.

One thing leads to the other. Mario's philosophy is also part of the problem....that same philosophy leads to bad hires.

Advertisement
Back