Mario, I’m out

Advertisement
yeah slick. he lost to middle Tennessee?
ah no one likes me. poor me. boo hoo. youre not well liked either slim.

Mario has absolutely failed so far this year. keep defending the abortion were seeing skipper
First, everyone loves me. If they say they don't, they are just lying. Secondly, his only failure is hiring Gattis. That's his glaring mistake. He took over a team that fired their head coach, has ZERO OL talent, no linebackers, safeties who can't tackle, DJ Ivey, no number one WR until Young was discovered two weeks ago, and a stable of RBs who can't stay healthy. I don't know what all that means, but it doesn't sound good.

Serious question: what players from this squad would you want on your team?

I just wish we could get a take from a parent who has a kid in the program. How are the players feeling behind closed doors?

Advertisement
You can be out, but he ain’t going anywhere. Sack up and deal with it - we’ve got him for at least 4 years

No depth, a horrific schematic fit for the available talent and a mentally fragile team that thinks they are better than what they truly are is a recipe for disaster. There's only one way Mario can fix this and that's by getting rid of a large portion of the roster, making huge changes to the coaching staff, and doing something that all HC's struggle with : Letting go and letting people do their jobs. Mario wants a tough, physical team, the issue is that he doesn't have a team that can deliver that. Had Mario found an OC that was a better playcaller, or at least was better at maximizing what he does have available, this team would have significantly fewer losses, and that's even with the depth issues present. Mario is a long term solution, but with this fanbase and community, a long term rebuild isn't going to be tolerated. He has to find a way to salvage what he can out of this season, and HIT THE PORTAL like his life depended on it, because it does. He has to be 2023's version of the Tennessee Vols.

The defense was more disappointing to me than the offense. We know the offense has offensive line issues, but the defense has no excuses.

I know we had turnovers, but the defense was a wet paper bag. They deserve a lot of the blame. They didn't hold Duke to FGs after turnovers. What is mind boggling is that they held Duke to 111 yards in the 1st half and then it all fell apart after they were handed a lead early in the 3rd quarter which should have elevated their play.

Advertisement
Back