Mario, I’m out

Advertisement
It’s a lot of everything but man Manny left us with 💩. Not one of Mannys kids is very good (at least older guys). Mario will bring in better talent but also needs to find some better coaches.
Manny beat this team by 30+ on his way out. Mario isnt a good coach and his recruiting has been non existent once the season started. his class as it stands will finish no better than a Manny bump class and lacks players at key spots (DB, DT, WR, RB)

Their was honestly a time when i thought it couldnt get any worse. I would rather have Manny. I always knew their was a ceiling with him and I could manage my expectations. Miami pretending they were gonna take football serious was the last thing I needed.
Only hope is Zo tells mario the truth and makes him change.

Advertisement
Despite all of this, I am not ready to jump from Mario but I do think it is past time to part ways with our OC. The coordinators are seemingly not well-suited for this gig under Cristobal and they have vastly underperformed--with Gattis being the weakest of the two. The Gattis experiment has failed, and I would like to see how a new OC would do here; one that is actually talented and experienced. At the very least Gattis needs to hit the road.

Advertisement
This was always my concern with Mario. He doesn’t have a specific offense or defense. He has ideas of what he wants but he can’t scheme it up. When it goes bad (and it’s going really bad), he can’t fix it.

It’s bad. Really bad.
It's why many of us preferred Kiffin...but let's forget that for now.

It's why many of us were so worried about his choice of OC. I'd argue that in today's college football landscape there is no more important employee on a staff than the OC. A good OC not only puts points on the board and make the game exciting for fans and recruits...but it keeps your own D off the field and more often than not playing with a lead.

Life is a stage, and recruiting plays right into the idea of public perception and positive stigma that comes along with having a well coordinated offense. You think it's a coiincidence that even when Mario was killing it in recruiting a few months ago he STILL was struggling to land top notch blue chip receivers?

Advertisement
Can he convert in the red zone?
Yah, and it would have take 50 win this game.

Not sure about blaming the offense with so many injuries. The defense was beyond disappointing haven given up only 110 years to Duke in the 1st half, but then can't stop them in the 2nd half after your offense gives you a lead.

Advertisement
I'm done with Mario. He looks no better than Shannon, Golden or Diaz in year 1 and I'd argue he might have inherited more talent than all except for maybe Diaz. What a disappointing and embarrassing season. Blown out by Middle Tennessee and Duke at home. Highlight of the season was not getting blown out in College Station while falling to score a TD. I don't even enjoy watching this team play. Just boring offense and wtf are we doing defensive calls.

We should have hired Lane.

Well enough. I'll take his 7-0 record. Just went up 14-3 in first against LSU.
I think there is a big culture issue despite some of the questioned coaching. The players just don't seem like they've bought in.

You just don't have a 2nd half collapse like that if the players are "all in" after taking the lead.

Advertisement
Back