Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

Advertisement
I am a Mario supporter. That non kneel was was a horrible decision. But, Lanning and Taggart never won crap, yet folks wanna act like Mario had nothing to do with the 4 banners he won.
” You folks “ ? I’m literally defending him in this very thread lol. There’s no denying what he did there.

Yep. Lanning walked into a program that was winning and playing in conference championship games. With an Sec infrastructure” already in place.
It's the one thing we will not have to worry about with Mario. Mario will build one of the most talented teams in the country that can match up with anyone up front. The problem will always be coaching and the QB

Advertisement
Whatever you say razrnole
Scott Hall Football GIF

You found me out. After posting on canes boards for over 25 years and spending a lot of $ donating to the hurricane club/season tickets/traveling to away games I must be a closet nole fan. And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for that pesky theibisrules….

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

This is giving me “kirby smart is just taking credit for Mark Richts hard work” flashbacks.
I think the situations are alike. Lanning and Smart took something good and improved it. Taking it to another level , maybe two levels. I seriously doubt Mario has Oregon with this Qb and offense if he’s still there. Maybe i‘m wrong but we’ll never know.

Advertisement
Scott Hall Football GIF

You found me out. After posting on canes boards for over 25 years and spending a lot of $ donating to the hurricane club/season tickets/traveling to away games I must be a closet nole fan. And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for that pesky theibisrules….

Cartoon Monster GIF by Scooby-Doo

Awww that's cute, but you're either all in or all out buddy.

Awww that's cute, but you're either all in or all out buddy.
Oooook then. But all this started bc I merely pointed out that Taggart improved Oregon from 4-8 to 7-5. Don’t know how stating facts can spiral into someone being a nole fan or not all in. But you do you.

I know it pains you to admit I’m right. Don’t let it get to you. Enjoy your thanksgiving, wherever you are.

I mean u’re not since u said the ACC was “by far” the better conference which was debunked on the conferences winning %. lol. But u were right that the ACC has 4 Top 25 CPF teams, albeit, the PAC-12 have 4 w/in the Top 20. lol. But hey, believe what u wanna believe my friend.

Advertisement
Did mario leave a good situation? Yes and oregon has been a good situation for coaches for a while, I think they have had maybe one losing season in 10 years?

But it’s literally no way unless u are just blind that u watch those mario teams and the last two years and not see a major improvement. Lanning elevated them
That's sorta what good coaches do.

Advertisement
Oooook then. But all this started bc I merely pointed out that Taggart improved Oregon from 4-8 to 7-5. Don’t know how stating facts can spiral into someone being a nole fan or not all in. But you do you.

What improvement did Taggart really have? Im still confused...if the 3 game jump is what you're referring to then Mario has improved by one maybe 2 games. On this Canes board we celebrate Canes accomplishments. NOT SEMINOLES.

What improvement did Taggart really have? Im still confused...if the 3 game jump is what you're referring to then Mario has improved by one maybe 2 games. On this Canes board we celebrate Canes accomplishments. NOT SEMINOLES.

He’s not a Seminole; he coached at FSU for 2 yrs. Taggart is a WKU alum, & most of his coaching experience comes from WKU. Manny Diaz is a Seminole

He’s not a Seminole; he coached at FSU for 2 yrs. Taggart is a WKU alum, & most of his coaching experience comes from WKU. Manny Diaz is a Seminole

Once a Seminole always a Seminole. Bobby Bowden wasn't a graduate of FSU but what is he known for?

Context is key. People said Mario turned around the Oregon program. I pointed out that the turnaround started with Taggart and Mario was a part of his staff. I also pointed out that Mario elevated the program from where Taggart started. Acknowledging an increase in wins by Taggart and that Mario also elevated the program are not mutually exclusive. Acknowledging the facts about Taggarts one year is not slighting Mario especially when I said he elevated the Oregon program and now Lanning is taking the foundation of Mario and building off of that.

Also who cares where Willie coached after Oregon. Coaches move around a ton. Richt was a “nole” at one point.

Advertisement
Back