Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
Everyone always says Mario built this Oregon team Dan Lanning is winning with but thats not as accurate as most people make it out to be.

Bo Nix (up for Heisman) - brought in by Dan Lanning

Bucky Irving- leading rusher for Oregon also brought in by Dan Lanning

Evan Williams (Oregon leading tackler) - brought in by Dan Lanning

Tysheem Johnson (leads Oregon in interceptions) - brought in by Dan Lanning

Also three of the four starting defensive lineman...Brought in by Dan Lanning

The second and third leading wide receivers also brought in by Dan Lanning

3 of the 5 starting offensive lineman Mario brought in.

Mario obviously recruited alot of the players on that team but alot of the production are mostly guys Lanning brought in through the portal

Advertisement
Everyone always says Mario built this Oregon team Dan Lanning is winning with but thats not as accurate as most people make it out to be.

Mario obviously recruited alot of the players on that team but alot of the production are mostly guys Lanning brought in through the portal
He built the culture duh

Advertisement
**** dudes are waking up at 1 in morning to discredit Mario. Lol

Mario put Oregon on the path that they're currently on. Mario laid the foundation for Oregon's winning games based on physicality.

Mario is also 12-11 at Miami. Mario also balantly costed us a game we had 99.999999 percent chance of winning against GT. Mario has made questionable hires, coaching decisions and player personnel decisions. All of this can be true and still not take from what Mario did at Oregon.

Advertisement
Dan Lanning walked into a great situation and hasn’t messed it up.

He appears to be a solid head coach.

Or should we stay consistent and say winning at Oregon doesn’t really count because it doesn’t count for Mario?

P.S. If Lanning were here many would be be calling him a Corch for his late game management.

p.P.s. Next time can you just say “ I don’t like Mario” so I don’t have to read so much?

1700653321394.png

Yeah but only because Mario stripped them down to the foundation and built them back up the correct way.

Crazy people try to discredit Mario at Oregon.

Lannings OL last year he walked into was Mario's. Nix didn't get sacked until game 7.

Also Lanning lost some good players off Oregons team to portal after Mario left like Trey Benson, D.J James, Travis Dye, Jayson Jones, Donte Thornton, Justin Flowe, KIngsley Suamataia so of course he had to replace them with portal guys.

Oregons OL and front 7 are a talented grown men nasty group, and they have Mario's foot print all over them.

Oregons best WR also Mario guy in Troy Franklin.

Oregons best DL Brandon Dorlus is a Mario guy.

Oregon went 10-2 in Mario's last regular season there, and went 9-3 in Lannings first regular season there.

Advertisement
I've been silent, but this crap is ****ing me off. So yall gone act like Mario aint win the pac 12 and the Rose bowl 2 times? GTFOHWTBS!

EDIT: Dan Lanning aint won **** with all them **** resources. Gtfoh.
Not at all and Mario deserves credit for that. Its just these internet narratives that people take as fact irks me. Another is that Mario meddles in offenses and I've seen absolutely zero evidence of that being true. Joe Moorehead, Marcus Arroyo, Josh Gattis and Shannon Dawson are all the oc's Mario has had at Miami and Oregon. When I go back and watch those guys playcalling without Mario being their head coach its looks no different than when they were on Mario's staff.

Dan Lanning walked into a great situation and hasn’t messed it up.

He appears to be a solid head coach.

Or should we stay consistent and say winning at Oregon doesn’t really count because it doesn’t count for Mario?

P.S. If Lanning were here many would be be calling him a Corch for his late game management.

p.P.s. Next time can you just say “ I don’t like Mario” so I don’t have to read so much?
Ahh you must be in your early 20's, still believing if someone says something remotely negative about someone that automatically means they don't like the person. Don't worry you'll grow out of it I was there once. 😉

Crazy people try to discredit Mario at Oregon.

Lannings OL last year he walked into was Mario's. Nix didn't get sacked until game 7.

Also Lanning lost some good players off Oregons team to portal after Mario left like Trey Benson, D.J James, Travis Dye, Jayson Jones, Donte Thornton, Justin Flowe, KIngsley Suamataia so of course he had to replace them with portal guys.

Oregons OL and front 7 are a talented grown men nasty group, and they have Mario's foot print all over them.

Oregons best WR also Mario guy in Troy Franklin.

Oregons best DL Brandon Dorlus is a Mario guy.

Oregon went 10-2 in Mario's last regular season there, and went 9-3 in Lannings first regular season there.
No is trying to discredit Mario but there is a belief among alot of our fanbase that all the the top players on this particular oregon team where Mario's recruits and thats not the case

Advertisement

Mario certainly left the Oregon program with a very solid roster and foundation for any decent coach to come in and build on. There was a solid roster and very solid "culture" as well. Mario inherited a much poorer situation in Miami and unfortunately whiffed dramatically on his first year staff hiring.

That’s not true either. 2 of the 5 are from Lanning. lol. Majority of the roster are from Lanning either via Portal or recruiting.
Comparisons aside, I think it's fair to say Lanning is a good coach. Oregon is a good football program too. Some people threw the Udub loss on Lanning because he went for it on 4th down.. I personally didn't have a problem with it. The game is over if they get 3 yards.

Going for a TD before halftime instead of taking the 3 was the bigger mistake.

Advertisement
Back