Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

Advertisement
Didn’t say he didn’t leave it in a good position, i give mario credit there..Its one of the reasons i wanted him here but i just disagreed with best place its ever been..Thats not true at all

I don’t discredit him but with context there’s stuff that we seen there that was a preview for what he is here right now.

Oregon has been a good program for a long time now so that bad shape **** is a lie they had one losing season in like 15 years

I think people trying to give him credit for building them up or now trying to say lanning has his team when he purged alot of the roster and made upgrades at key positions including coordinators ,leads people to go to the extreme opposite to balance the narrative but its clear mario did a good job there..Some of it is just overrating it to push this be patient **** here when we should be alot better now
Oregon was desolate... if you ignore this chart...

What makes you say Taggert was a disaster or Oregon? Mario was given a team that was 7-5 and Taggert left the program in better shape than when it was handed to him.

Those are called Facts, don't try to distort them because it doesn't fit the narrative for your CORCH

Recruiting was in the dumps and there was little to no buzz with the program. Is that narrative or facts? Also, Taggart never won anything but multiple pink slips.

Once again go look at the recruiting ranks for Oregon pre Mario. The narrative takes a hit especially the Phil Knight buying every recruit.

Advertisement
Thanks for making my point sir
Maybe you misunderstood. Taggart took over for Helfrich who went 4-8 his last year. Taggart improved the team (and Mario was on his staff) by 3 wins to go 7-5. I don’t know how someone could say improving a team by 3 wins in their only year constitutes a disaster.

1. Why r u bringing up bowl games from 2022-23, when we’re in the 2023-24 season? Furthermore, bowl games are not indicative of ****, b/c some teams don’t even play their starters in these games if they are declaring.

2. When u say “by far better”, & a that “weaker” conference has a higher winning %…I mean, that already debunks that notion. Lol

And here’s the AP Top 25

1. UGA (SEC)
2. O$U (B1G)
3. UofM (B1G)
4. UW (PAC-12)
5. FSU (ACC)
6. UO (PAC-12)
7. UT (Big-12)
8. Bama (SEC)
9. UL (ACC)
10. Mizzou (SEC)
11. PSU (B1G)
12. Ole Miss (SEC)
13. OU (Big-12)
14. LSU (SEC)
15. OrSU (PAC-12)
16. AU (PAC-12)
17. ND (Ind)
18. Tulane (AAC)
19. KSU (Big-12)
20. Iowa (B1G)
21. OKSt (Big-12)
22. Liberty (Conf USA)
23. Toledo (MAC)
24. JMU (Sun Belt)
25. UTenn (SEC)

SEC: 6
B1G: 4
Big-12: 4
PAC-12: 4
ACC: 2
Ind: 1
AAC: 1
MAC: 1
Sun Belt: 1
Conf USA: 1

Again, smh.
Why would you use the AP when the CFP is out? Talk about relevance. PAC is a weak conference of lets play offense. And lol at Oregon having beat a “ranked” Colorado team.

Maybe you misunderstood. Taggart took over for Helfrich who went 4-8 his last year. Taggart improved the team (and Mario was on his staff) by 3 wins to go 7-5. I don’t know how someone could say improving a team by 3 wins in their only year constitutes a disaster.

I remember quite well sir 7-5 is where we will be this year, yet I dont see you defending Mario. You spend your day defending Taggart a former fsu guy and helfrich who knows what the heck jes doing nowadays.

EDIT: YET YOU CALL YOURSELF A MIAMI HURRICANE FAN.

Advertisement
Chip isn't the only HC who had success at Oregon. His successor Helfrich had an 11 and 13 win season in his four years as HC. He also took Oregon to the NC game in his 2nd year.

Mario did not build Oregon. They were already an established football power. Before Mario, they had 3 different HCs have multiple 10 win seasons this century in Belloti, Kelly and Helfrich. With two separate coaches taking them to the NC game in Kelly and Helfrich.

For those pointing to what Mario did recruiting wise while at Oregon, saying it's the best ever, one could argue he did less with more compared to his predecessors.

The simple fact remains that Mario has only proven to build 1 program. Oregon was just a few years removed from a NC game appearance when he took over as HC at Oregon. Again, he did not build that program.

I remember quite well sir 7-5 is where we will be this year, yet I dont see you defending Mario. You spend your day defending Taggart a former fsu guy and helfrich who knows what the heck jes doing nowadays.

Mario took over a team that was 7-5 and went 5-7 his first year. Taggart actually won more games than his predecessor at Oregon in his first year. Mario lost more games than his predecessor at Miami in his first year. Why would I defend that? Your logic is faulty. I’m not defending taggart. I don’t think he’s a good coach at all. But I will state facts that he improved the win total over the guy he took over from. Those are just facts,

Why would you use the AP when the CFP is out? Talk about relevance. PAC is a weak conference of lets play offense. And lol at Oregon having beat a “ranked” Colorado team.

Actually I misread ur statement; I saw top 25 & didn’t see CFP behind it.

But listen Cane fan in Pennsylvania, imma let u believe w/e u want. U enjoy that turkey & sides, my friend.

Advertisement
The point is Taggart is a bum, and Mario rebuilt Oregon after their fall off post-Kelly (Helfrich was Oregon’s Larry Coker).

Happy Thanksgiving.
Never said he was a good coach but merely he improved the team in his only year and started the turnaround.

I’d swear half the board hopes Mario fails so it will validate their criticisms/hatred of him.

They fizzled out bc Helfrich wasnt Chip Kelly. Kelly was 46-7, 33-3 in the Pac12.
No Chips, offense has fizzled out. Just like Spurriers did. Spurrier brought a new innovative offense to the Sec where most teams played power I , pro style or the wish bone. He spread out defenses with 3-4 lb’s on the field and defenses had no answer. Just like Chip brought the fast tempo , zone read , option , bubbles and vertical passing game in space. He finally adjusted it some after some failures but it’s no longer what it was prior. Like Spurrier his innovation was years ahead of defenses but they eventually caught up. They always do. You must be like Andy Reid , always looking for new wrinkles and ideas to keep evolving . Not staying stagnit.

Advertisement
I’d swear half the board hopes Mario fails so it will validate their criticisms/hatred of him.
How does stating facts that Taggart improved Oregon from 4-8 to 7-5 automatically equate to hoping Mario fails? That’s a big leap. I’ve already said I think he wins 9 to 10 next year.

Actually I misread ur statement; I saw top 25 & didn’t see CFP behind it.

But listen Cane fan in Pennsylvania, imma let u believe w/e u want. U enjoy that turkey & sides, my friend.
I know it pains you to admit I’m right. Don’t let it get to you. Enjoy your thanksgiving, wherever you are.

Advertisement
Back