Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

Nah, just an overall statement of half the “fans” on here.
I’ve been on these boards since pre-grassy and one thing that has always remained constant you will have fans that vehemently defend the coach and other fans who heavily criticize the coach/want something different. Some people even switch camps depending on who the coach is. So this is nothing new. But unless they are trolling I would think the vast majority of people posting on the board are true canes fans (considering we’ve been down for so long) but just have a different opinions on how things should be done…and it will be the same for the next coach and the next…Won’t matter if we are 1-11 or 11-1.

Advertisement
Lanning doesn’t touch that job if it’s not in the position Mario put it in. For all y’all that want to discredit the man even for stuff he did well go look at Oregons recruiting classes before Mario. You’ll be shocked by what you see. It’s funny all that Phil Knight money wasn’t getting top classes before Mario arrived.

There’s a reason Mario got that job when he did, it was in bad shape and it wasn’t nearly attractive as it was when he left. Since Chip the program was non existent. Chip was a freak occurrence of a new , innovative scheme making up for recruiting / talent which eventually fizzled out. Kinda like Sourrier who was miles ahead of the Sec when he arrived.

If you want to crqp on Mario there’s enough in game stuff to fill your time but the Oregon stuff is just pathetic. It’s very easy to see where it was before and after he arrived. If people are too caught up in being ignorant that’s on them. It’s sad.

Oregon Ducks records

2000- (10-2)

2001- ( 11-1)

2002- (7-6)

2003- (8-5)

2004- (5-6)

2005- (10-2)

2006- (7 -6)

2007 - (9-4)

2008- (10-3)

2009- (10-3)

2010- (12-1) national championship appearance

2011- (12-2)

2012- (12-1)

2013- (11-2)

2014- (13-2) national championship appearance

2015- (9-4)

2016- (4-8)

2017- (7-6)

Thats a heck of a freak occurrence. We can agree to disagree but I wouldn't exactly call Oregon's program a dumpster fire when Mario took over.

Last edited:
**** dudes are waking up at 1 in morning to discredit Mario. Lol

Mario put Oregon on the path that they're currently on. Mario laid the foundation for Oregon's winning games based on physicality.

Mario is also 12-11 at Miami. Mario also balantly costed us a game we had 99.999999 percent chance of winning against GT. Mario has made questionable hires, coaching decisions and player personnel decisions. All of this can be true and still not take from what Mario did at Oregon.
Laid the foundation, .. key words here. Have been saying since day one, it’s one brick at a time, one kid at a time. Change the sh*t culture that has hung on this program for years. All the mistakes and decisions made by Mario and coaches can be corrected. What you have to get right is the quality of the kids you bring in. IMO he’s done a good jobwith that and they’ve bought into the culture. It’s been baby steps for two years, year 3 needs to be walking and talking. Everyone on the same page, no excuses given nor accepted. It’s a fulcrum year for the direction and future of this program. Over the last 50 yrs I’ve been a Cane, I’ve seen us at a crossroads moment a few times, only to watch it collapse under the weight of its own Bulls** and bc the foundation wasn’t laid properly or at all. So here we go, again. It’s Cane in or Cane out. I’m in🙌🏽GO CANES#CANESNATIONLIFER

Oregon Ducks records

2007 - (9-4)

2008- (10-3)

2009- (10-3)

2010- (12-1) national championship appearance

2011- (12-2)

2012- (12-1)

2013- (11-2)

2014- (13-2) national championship appearance

2015- (9-4)

2016- (4-8)

2017- (7-6)

Thats a heck of a freak occurrence. We can agree to disagree but I wouldn't exactly call Oregon's program a dumpster fire when Mario took over.
Our football program had a twenty year freak occurrence lol. Chip was a decade ahead of DC’s at one time.

Advertisement
Mario took over a team that was 7-5 and went 5-7 his first year. Taggart actually won more games than his predecessor at Oregon in his first year. Mario lost more games than his predecessor at Miami in his first year. Why would I defend that? Your logic is faulty. I’m not defending taggart. I don’t think he’s a good coach at all. But I will state facts that he improved the win total over the guy he took over from. Those are just facts,

So as hard as you are pumping for Taggart you must be a FSU homer. Y'all fake fan fans seem to forget how he took over for Danny Miaz and his pathetic beta style recruiting. Tuornovers Verified Daily TVD was a Danny Miaz receuit.

I don't consider that a freak occurrence lol...I consider last year TCU a freak occurrence
I don‘t. I think it’s more of a timing thing. Timing had a huge hand in Chip , Spurrier and even our run. No matter how hard all three try they couldn't reinvent that time. Sometimes all the ingredients matched with the timing can’t be explained.

Advertisement
They can't be real fans man, I refuse to believe that lol.
There’s a group that’ll never give him credit , he can’t do anything right. Then on the other side there’s the group that can’t say anything negative about him, even having excuses for the non kneel or in game coaching. Lastly there’s people like myself , I see the good , the bad and have no issue speaking on either.

So as hard as you are pumping for Taggart you must be a FSU homer. Y'all fake fan fans seem to forget how he took over for Danny Miaz and his pathetic beta style recruiting. Tuornovers Verified Daily TVD was a Danny Miaz receuit.
Seems like you are triggered by Taggart for some reason. Me saying taggart is not a good coach equals me pumping for Taggart?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

I don‘t. I think it’s more of a timing thing. Timing had a huge hand in Chip , Spurrier and even our run. No matter how hard all three try they couldn't reinvent that time. Sometimes all the ingredients matched with the timing can’t be explained.
Still wouldn't call timing a freak occurrence. I think timing usually plays a part of any run in history. I think Georgia right now is benefiting from everyone building their teams to stop passing spread offenses therefore having lighter defenders that struggle to hold up against Georgia's power running game. When everyone goes left sometimes its beneficial to go right

Advertisement
Still wouldn't call timing a freak occurrence. I think timing usually plays a part of any run in history. I think Georgia right now is benefiting from everyone building their teams to stop passing spread offenses therefore having lighter defenders that struggle to hold up against Georgia's power running game. When everyone goes left sometimes its beneficial to go right
Uga is what happens when you spend , hire smart people ,load your team and trenches with elite players. Kirby brought that Bama recipe . Just like Lanning at Oregon. Mario had a hand in that too there. They started big boy recruiting when he got there for the first time in their history. There’s no denying that.

That’s the one recipe that’ll never fail to succeed lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s a group that’ll never give him credit , he can’t do anything right. Then on the other side there’s the group that can’t say anything negative about him, even having excuses for the non kneel or in game coaching. Lastly there’s people like myself , I see the good , the bad and have no issue speaking on either.

I am a Mario supporter. That non kneel was was a horrible decision. But, Lanning and Taggart never won crap, yet folks wanna act like Mario had nothing to do with the 4 banners he won.

Lanning doesn’t touch that job if it’s not in the position Mario put it in. For all y’all that want to discredit the man even for stuff he did well go look at Oregons recruiting classes before Mario. You’ll be shocked by what you see. It’s funny all that Phil Knight money wasn’t getting top classes before Mario arrived.

There’s a reason Mario got that job when he did, it was in bad shape and it wasn’t nearly attractive as it was when he left. Since Chip the program was non existent. Chip was a freak occurrence of a new , innovative scheme making up for recruiting / talent which eventually fizzled out. Kinda like Sourrier who was miles ahead of the Sec when he arrived.

If you want to crqp on Mario there’s enough in game stuff to fill your time but the Oregon stuff is just pathetic. It’s very easy to see where it was before and after he arrived. If people are too caught up in being ignorant that’s on them. It’s sad.
It's much easier to keep a program running smoothly then it is build one up like Mario did.

Advertisement
Back