Mario built this Oregon team or did he?

If you compare Lanning’s first 2 seasons and Mario’s first 2 seasons it’s not even close.

CMC: 3 wins vs double-digit win teams, 1 PAC-12 title, 1 Rose bowl, 5-3 vs AP top-25

Lanning: 1 win vs double-digit win teams, 0 PAC-12 titles, Holiday bowl victory, 6-5 vs AP top-25

Advertisement
Mario haters love to poke holes in what he did at Oregon. It's laughable. If you can't see the difference between how Mario builds programs and the last 20 years of mediocrity, you're willfully blind.

Let’s see if this narrative is the same next year and following. If you can’t differentiate how the two built their programs that kind of says something.

Past staphs dig a 20' deep well, 1' a year for 20 years straight. Mario fills in 10' in 2 years and CIS is like, "WTF man, Mario has us in a 10' deep hole"

Advertisement
Much how every play call that doesn't work is his meddling, and every play call that does work is because the OC has overruled him.
That’s why I haven’t even paid attention to most the sh I read. I just visit to see if we landing savages. Just being patient and waiting for a top 5 class

Welp, it's as I said. That new Oregon corch is a total boob. Oregon ain't won **** without Mario and continues to flounder. Maybe you're right OP, Mario couldn't have formed this team because they are so beta. How's that Oregon fanbase reaction now?
Wow, they lost to the 3rd ranked team by 3 pts. They'll have a chance to win the rose bowl. Whereas, we'll be playing in some toilet bowl game.

Advertisement
Now cause they lost I’m assuming he built it. If undefeated he didn’t build it.
This is just a dishonest take altogether. The facts are facts. Mario had a very good stint at Oregon, but he didn’t build that program as they were relevant way before that. People come in here with these nonsense mutually exclusive arguments where it’s either one or the other. Lanning has in turn picked up where Mario left off and based on his first two seasons, it’s reasonable to understand why Duck fans maybe very happy with the way everything went down.

Wow, they lost to the 3rd ranked team by 3 pts. They'll have a chance to win the rose bowl. Whereas, we'll be playing in some toilet bowl game.

They giving out 2nd place trophies nowadays? I didn't realize.

EDIT: So now you're an Oregon fan? If so, good riddance because the bandwagon riding from 2001 is nauseating sir.

This is just a dishonest take altogether. The facts are facts. Mario had a very good stint at Oregon, but he didn’t build that program as they were relevant way before that. People come in here with these nonsense mutually exclusive arguments where it’s either one or the other. Lanning has in turn picked up where Mario left off and based on his first two seasons, it’s reasonable to understand why Duck fans maybe very happy with the way everything went down.
Yea Oregon is or was a way better job than UM at that time. Until Miami took things more serious. I feel like that will always be Oregon soft up front but good.

Advertisement
Are you talking about that toilet bowl trophy, 😆?

I'm talking about the fact that Oregon can't ever just win the big game, especially without Mario. UNDERSTAND THIS THEY LOST....NO MATTER IF IT'S BY 1 OR 101. NO PAC 12 TITLE FOR YOU. THEY NEEDED A WINNER LIKE MARIO TO PROPEL THEM.

Advertisement
I'm talking about the fact that Oregon can't ever just win the big game, especially without Mario. UNDERSTAND THIS THEY LOST....NO MATTER IF IT'S BY 1 OR 101. NO PAC 12 TITLE FOR YOU. THEY NEEDED A WINNER LIKE MARIO TO PROPEL THEM.
Ok. Lanning is in year 2. He'll get better over time. Also, he did start off at 3rd base due to the foundation that Mario has re-established.

On Mario, I wouldn't classify him as a proven winner (Tier 1). That's reserved for the elite coaches. I consider Mario as a top 35 coach that will get you 10 wins, conf championship, and bowl wins.

Let me ask you this, what has Mario won since Justin Herbert left?

A game on the road at #3 Ohio State. Thanks for asking.
And, lost to an unranked Stanford team three games later. And, then got destroyed by Utah a few weeks later.

That same Ohio St. team defeated Utah in the Rose bowl game. Where was Mario team when all this happened?

Advertisement
Back