Mario a killa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all can take it how you want, personally I didn't believe it myself but we did offer him more than he reportedly got from a & m. What we didn't do is take care of Moe where a&m and probably shemar also did. What stopped him from coming here is he didn't like our depth and chance to compete on a larger scale during what he believes will be 3 years of college. Other than coaching our biggest problem has been our culture & getting kids previously completely sold in to what it takes to win. Hasselwood wasn't kidding about his statement in that barbershop spot. That was a problem we were encountering among elite kids period... Mario has flipped that 180 already. But at a certain point there will be some toxic **** you just gotta cut out.
Brook, 100% believe everything you just posted but how dumb are those two then when A&M had triple the depth we have and has a coach putting out 8-4 seasons with elite talent. I think more of it has to do with us not jerking Moe off

Advertisement
Brook, 100% believe everything you just posted but how dumb are those two then when A&M had triple the depth we have and has a coach putting out 8-4 seasons with elite talent. I think more of it has to do with us not jerking Moe off
Well we’ll see who’s right in the next couple of seasons.

Jimbo better win it or least be top 5 top 10 minimum with all the money they’ve thrown around.

Nah you're looking at it the wrong way. He said he didn't like our depths as in he didn't think we'd be able to get enough pieces in place inside of the 3 years that he'd be here to compete on a bigger scale. Another words our only strengths would be kids coming in and the covered is bare as of now.
"in other words our only strength would be kids coming in and the cupboard (sp?) is bare as of now".

"Kids coming in" would be 2023....like I said. But I get what you mean.

Luke said Mario didnt hire enough local black coaches when he was at FIU? So whats Marios response? Mario has basically made it his business to hire black coaches in South Florida or ties to SoFla who has influence to his staff. Was Luke being petty? Probably. But I love that Mario didnt just brush that off and made it a priority to turn that narrative around even if its not accurate.

Like Butch said, "Time to get the family back together". And that includes all of South Florida.
The only problem is nothing will ever be enough for Luke.

Advertisement
I think it's a mixture. For me dumbo is a horrible corch. Good offensive mind. Treats his players like **** and most of them hate him. BUT a&m has long money and has always been committed to trying to win. This year they stepped that commitment up to an all time high. Thing is the money behind them is blue bloods. That buys you trust at a large scale. For us we're just putting this product out there and some kids wanna see it's a blue print for us moving forward not just a one year approach. A&m needs to find a QB asap otherwise they'll waste the talent they have and what they brought in. Us we just have a quicker transition in my eyes because #1 I believe in our coach 24/7 and like I told y'all for years I knew the commitment he had to rounding out his staff here. Is it the same as when Mandy got hired,obviously not. That was an amazing staff. All the same overall I may like this one better. Would just love to keep them around several years and watch what a squad they develop can do nationally. I don't have that confidence in dumbo... I think shemar probably transfers back in 2 years. But that means he's wasted two years previously.

"in other words our only strength would be kids coming in and the cupboard (sp?) is bare as of now".

"Kids coming in" would be 2023....like I said. But I get what you mean.
Absolutely kids coming in moving forward. But kids who believe in themselves like this are 100% committed to a plan for there lives. For him he's saying in 3 years he'll be a top 10 pick. Can he be, sure he can. But how likely is that if you're playing alongside dudes that'll ensure you're getting double teamed and chipped on early. The line is very different from other spots on the team. It's rare that younger kids stand out early on. If he's a 22 kid and knows best case is 23 and up now he's down to 2 seasons and kids needing time to develop around him as well... I'll just leave it at I don't blame him. Bigger picture, you need other threats around you to maximize your own potential. We'll be just fine long run with or without him so it's a moot point.

The only problem is nothing will ever be enough for Luke.
You guys don't understand Luther's issue with us. He's transparent when you understand him as a individual. He's petty by nature. #1 he got hot at us when he was banned from campus in the old days. Thought we should have his back like he was more important than us. #2 during the Ericson days he had a connection with a particular linebacker recruit we really wanted. He ended up going to fspoo. The kid and Luther tried to parlay his recruitment into a job for Luther as support staff. He just wanted to be able to say we came back and needed him in my eyes. But long and the short we laughed him off and said if that's what it is we don't want the kid or you anywhere near the program and doubled down on his ban... He's still held onto that. Every chance he gets he's always tried to fvck us over. The whole Ryan Collins and derrick crudup situation... Dudes just dying for attention.

You guys don't understand Luther's issue with us. He's transparent when you understand him as a individual. He's petty by nature. #1 he got hot at us when he was banned from campus in the old days. Thought we should have his back like he was more important than us. #2 during the Ericson days he had a connection with a particular linebacker recruit we really wanted. He ended up going to fspoo. The kid and Luther tried to parlay his recruitment into a job for Luther as support staff. He just wanted to be able to say we came back and needed him in my eyes. But long and the short we laughed him off and said if that's what it is we don't want the kid or you anywhere near the program and doubled down on his ban... He's still held onto that. Every chance he gets he's always tried to fvck us over. The whole Ryan Collins and derrick crudup situation... Dudes just dying for attention.
I didn’t know the specifics from back then, but his actions more recently speak for themselves. I guess he’s still got enough pull that we have to take him seriously, but he does his best to make that hard. He talks about the community and how he’s out to help kids, but it feels like he uses “helping kids” as a way to help and promote himself.

Whatever his deal is, I wish he’d either help out or stfu.

Advertisement
And in present day America that is exactly what you have. EXACTLY. So let's put color of skin way down our list of what we look for in a coach. So is it racist that 100% of corner backs in the NFL are black? Or maybe, just maybe the individuals in those positions are the best and most qualified. Or should we for the sake of diversity, fairness and level playing fields make it a 50/50 white/black. Let's make sure it's really fair and not forget about Asians and Latinos.

In the same spirit of character over color of skin, performance and qualifications over skin color. When we hired a OC the last concern of mine was his skin color. My excitement comes from the fact that he is highly intelligent, fields a creative offense, sincerely looks excited to be here. Once Luke realizes that 99.9% of white people are not racist then maybe he can quit being one.
Like everybody except Luke, I want the best guy for the job.

It’s just odd that 90% of the players are black and what 30% of the coaches? I don’t know the specifics and I don’t want to argue about them. It’s just strange the percentage of former white players who make it in coaching vs former black players. I wonder why that is?

Ill say this, I dont know if what Luke said was true or not because I didnt follow FIU football. But as black man, it was important to me that Mario didnt just take his statement, yawn and go about his business like it didnt matter. (and dont think for a second that he didnt hear about it) Mario answered the bell and that will go along way in the community whether people want to believe that or not.
I hope it does. I don’t think black coaches always get a fair shake, but I’m tired of Luke trying to shake us down. I like this move, but I hate that it plays into Luke’s vision of himself as the voice of “the community”.

Like everybody except Luke, I want the best guy for the job.

It’s just odd that 90% of the players are black and what 30% of the coaches? I don’t know the specifics and I don’t want to argue about them. It’s just strange the percentage of former white players who make it in coaching vs former black players. I wonder why that is?
Personally I don't care. The NFL and any college serious about winning will hire whoever they believe will give them the best chance of that, regardless of color. The only color these owners and A.D.s see is green.

Personally I don't care. The NFL and any college serious about winning will hire whoever they believe will give them the best chance of that, regardless of color. The only color these owners and A.D.s see is green.
True. It’s just that people sometimes, unconsciously rate certain people higher than others. People look at results, but they sometimes value those results differently. I think it’s rare that an owner or AD says “I don’t want that guy, he’s black!”, I just think there could sometimes be a bias.

Whatever the case, the numbers don’t support your claim. And here’s one for ya: wtf does al golden have a job? Or Doritos? They’re f*cking terrible. Why not give somebody else a shot? But no, somebody’s always willing to hire them. It’s like how failed CEOs always seem to get another job no matter how bad the ***** up.

Advertisement
And in present day America that is exactly what you have. EXACTLY. So let's put color of skin way down our list of what we look for in a coach. So is it racist that 100% of corner backs in the NFL are black? Or maybe, just maybe the individuals in those positions are the best and most qualified. Or should we for the sake of diversity, fairness and level playing fields make it a 50/50 white/black. Let's make sure it's really fair and not forget about Asians and Latinos.

In the same spirit of character over color of skin, performance and qualifications over skin color. When we hired a OC the last concern of mine was his skin color. My excitement comes from the fact that he is highly intelligent, fields a creative offense, sincerely looks excited to be here. Once Luke realizes that 99.9% of white people are not racist then maybe he can quit being one.
99.9% of Caucasians are not racists? This a joke right?

I took it more as he didn’t like who he would be playing with. If I’m a DL I want beasts next to me down the line, it would make my job easier.

In no profession does any high performer like working next to scrubs. If he didn’t like OUR DL depth chart, it’s not because he didn’t think he would see the field.
Exactly, if more beast are around him then he'll get more one on one opportunities. He'll shine and win and go higher in the draft. At least that his thoughts on my opinion.
Jimbo put this in his head. Great recruiting job

Last edited:
This is America. Naturally a person's race and gender is the first thing we notice.

People are quicker to hire someone that they feel that they have more in common with first thing being race and gender. The problem is America gives this perception that it doesn't run this way. But this is a lie. I'll keep it short.

Advertisement
This is America. Naturally a person's race and gender is the first thing we notice.

People are quicker to hire someone that they feel that they have more in common with first thing being race and gender. The problem is America gives this perception that it doesn't run this way. But this is a lie. I'll keep it short.
Don't forget religion.

^100%^ people cry racism cause they can compete in the arena of intellectual ideas. it's the easiest way out and to shut down an argument when you are losing.

It's all true....I'll speak to Mario Fri...I'll be on campus Fri & Sat....Coming down for a couple of Baseball games.

There are great stories about Mario and Lou from their days at Columbus.

Not anything specific but something that occurred daily almost:

Typically, when Lou and Mario drove to school (I think it may have been some little Honda Accord or something) they would be pulling into their parking spot wrestling and punching each other in the car. By the time the car was finally put in park, the two large mammals would spill out of one of the doors grappling and punching each other. One usually had the other in a headlock while the other punched his beloved brother in the kidney.

When you talk to the people at Columbus - especially those who were around the school at the time - the two Cristobal boys were constantly battling each other. No holds bars...straight savagery.

I am white and don’t remotely believe 99.9% of white people are not racist. If you actually think that you’re not paying attention. Sorry i don’t want to hijack the thread but you opened that door. I certainly don’t believe that all are but it’s way more than you are stating.

come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back