Mario a killa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Someone answer this for you? Been waiting to hear it
I remember it going something like mario was at a local HS to recruit a kid and t-rob ended up getting to see the kid first or something like that and mario was upset about it. Didn't really seem that big to me but obviously I don't know what was said between them that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
I*
The period should be inside the end quote.
You used a question mark where you should have used a period.
"Too" or "as well" would have been a more appropriate usage.
It's "GIFs."
Sentence fragment.
Missing comma.
Grammatically, you're friends with a multitude of rainbow colored people. Not en masse, but individual rainbows.
Missing colon, though I'd have accepted a comma. That's missing too.
Misquoted expression that is usually mastered by children six years-old and up.
Please don't come back.
Very weird defensive flex that you're married. Ok.
CanesInsight*
No one cares.
I remember kids like you in school. Very Urkel like. Daily wedgies, pants pulled up to your belly button. Fits perfectly. Did you have any thing of substance to add to the subject at hand or are you just showing everyone that you are still a dork?

I remember it going something like mario was at a local HS to recruit a kid and t-rob ended up getting to see the kid first or something like that and mario was upset about it I guess. Didn't really seem that big to me but obviously I don't know what was said between them that day.
That’d be wild if that was the extent of it. Appreciate you

And in present day America that is exactly what you have. EXACTLY. So let's put color of skin way down our list of what we look for in a coach. So is it racist that 100% of corner backs in the NFL are black? Or maybe, just maybe the individuals in those positions are the best and most qualified. Or should we for the sake of diversity, fairness and level playing fields make it a 50/50 white/black. Let's make sure it's really fair and not forget about Asians and Latinos.

In the same spirit of character over color of skin, performance and qualifications over skin color. When we hired a OC the last concern of mine was his skin color. My excitement comes from the fact that he is highly intelligent, fields a creative offense, sincerely looks excited to be here. Once Luke realizes that 99.9% of white people are not racist then maybe he can quit being one.
So you know the hearts and minds of 99.9% of white people? WOW, that's pretty impressive.

Advertisement
I remember kids like you in school. Very Urkel like. Daily wedgies, pants pulled up to your belly button. Fits perfectly. Did you have any thing of substance to add to the subject at hand or are you just showing everyone that you are still a dork?
Swing and a miss, amigo. Clearly the subtext went right over your head.

who is that GIF

rac·ist
/ˈrāsəst/
Learn to pronounce

adjective
  1. prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse"
noun
  1. a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
    "he has been targeted by vicious racists online"
To whom may concern

Advertisement
Ill say this, I dont know if what Luke said was true or not because I didnt follow FIU football. But as black man, it was important to me that Mario didnt just take his statement, yawn and go about his business like it didnt matter. (and dont think for a second that he didnt hear about it) Mario answered the bell and that will go along way in the community whether people want to believe that or not.
So our head coach cares about what some fake *** cane fan says? He’s a race baiter and clown. Mario is hiring the best ppl for the position, no matter their skin color. You side with that clown then ur just as big of a POS.

So you want a fair playing field and opportunities that's not based on race where individuals are hired off their merits and abilities. I'm sure you're cool with AA and the Rooney Rule where individuals are given special treatment based off race regardless of others applying for those opportunities. I'm amazed at how many people are so d@mn blind at how hypocritical that is. Or they simple don't care and all they see is color. There's racist on all sides.
The reason we have AA and the Rooney Rule is bcuz this country has shown over the course of its existence that people can't be trusted to not allow their implicit biases to affect their hiring practices. It's well documented. AA and the Rooney Rule aren't perfect, but it's better than nothing at all. There has got to be mechanisms of accountability in this country to make sure everyone is afforded the same opportunities WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
If you disagree with this, then I guess you disagree with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 huh? That legislation is the progenitor of things like AA. When applied properly AA doesn't mean you hire someone bcuz they are black. The person still needs to be QUALIFIED. AA simply ensures that QUALIFIED black folks' opportunities are not impeded due to the frailty of implicit bias that exists in individuals.

Advertisement
Lol I know it is likely because I follow Miami ball more than any other school by far but I swear we are always on the short end of the recruiting stick with (most) elite kids.

For the longest the excuse was "Miami is home but he took a bag and went to the SEC"; other times it is "he wans to be here but his parents dont want him here so he gone" or the inverse "his mom wants him here and ran away with his LOI so the kid found his dad he hadnt spoken to in 5 years to sign so he could go out of State" now it is we paid/offered more but left because he didnt like the guys around him.

However it is refreshing to see we are on par with some of the top programs now and headed in the right direction.
Yeah. I agree. BUT, you gotta remember this is a kid we didn't have a prayer on because of the previous staph. Mario changed that narrative **** near on his own. Moving forward it's a new day and a different discussion. Just watch and see. If you knew how badly Mandy had ****ed up our class this last season especially once he realized he was gone, you'd be amazed we were legit an option for him till 2 days prior to signing day.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back