Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

What if I told you, Jon Gruden was supposed to be the University of Miami coach? But he wasn’t? But maybe he was? Or wasn’t? Either way…players notified

Advertisement
OP updated with this gem. This is beyond laziness. No work necessary here, just accept the commit.

Riley Williams- Riley was a recruit who wanted to be a Cane last cycle but staff didn't make him a priority.

After being reminded yesterday how Manny dropped the ball recruiting Ray Ray (I had repressed the memory), I figured we should have a single thread to appreciate how horrific he was as a recruiter and vent about his inept recruiting rather than replicating this everywhere. Each of these were fireable offenses IMHO and reveals how much damage Mario had to repair in order to even be considered again.

1. Forgot to invite 4* Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph to the BBQ
  2. Intentionally refused to recruit "Ray Ray". @Stevo365 says he wasn't even allowed on campus to take pictures.
  3. Didn't contact 5* David Hicks for months after he visited during Paradise
  4. Offered 4* Jordan “Big Baby” Hall and then never contacted him again.
  5. Per @bradtejeda , 4* Riley Williams wanted to be a Cane but Manny de-prioritized his recruitment.

If you've got other examples, let me know and I'll update the OP.
Bruh this is why I complained......I didn't even know this but u could tell he didn't know what he was doing. He wanted the easy gets and when a HC does that he's lazy when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
On the CaneInsight YouTube show (I think it was last week), @Stevo365 said Ray Ray wasn't even allowed on campus to take pictures. @Stevo365 was concerned that Mario might not have been able to overcome such a hostile recruiting effort. Yet another recruit that wanted to be a Cane and Manny wanted no part of him.
Yup. Manny let his little feud with uncle luke get in the way

Advertisement
dikembe mutombo no GIF

Advertisement
I had heard that Shannon was in the doghouse with a number of HS coaches; what happened with Golden to cause this?
I’m sure there are guys who had boots on the ground during that time who could answer the question better so whoever wants to correct please do.

I heard he was just overall disrespectful and looked down on the high school coaching in south Florida and made zero attempts to build/maintain relationships. He would also slow play high level dudes, not offer guys who the high school coaches felt should be offered.

Advertisement
Back