Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we really even care at this point? Manny was a fraud. But our previous crap staphs had worse. Look at the fights and Willie Cooper butt shooting under Coker, or all the turmoil with Gabe Terry, EJ, Alex Figueroa, Jawand Blue, et al under Golden. Mario won't put up with buffoonery.

Advertisement
I love hearing the good and bad stories, especially for regimes that spun out of control. Like:

- Why did Arthur Brown transfer?
- What got players into Shannon’s doghouse, and could they ever escape?
- Why couldn’t Larry Coker recruit offense?
- Why couldn’t Al Golden recruit defensive tackles?
- Did Randy push hard for more budget?
- Did Al really get taken by surprise by the Shapiro scandal, when the story was out in Nov 2010 via the Sun Sentinel?
- Did Al really force Stephen Morris to play on a torn knee ligament?
- How close was Gruden to joining Miami?
- How worried was Miami internally that they would get the death penalty, and did they think two consecutive self imposed bowl bans were sufficient?
- How upset were players with Golden by the 2014 season?
- How did the player culture change from Coker to Shannon to Golden to Richt to Diaz?

I love hearing the good and bad stories, especially for regimes that spun out of control. Like:

- Why did Arthur Brown transfer?
- What got players into Shannon’s doghouse, and could they ever escape?
- Why couldn’t Larry Coker recruit offense?
- Why couldn’t Al Golden recruit defensive tackles?
- Did Randy push hard for more budget?
- Did Al really get taken by surprise by the Shapiro scandal, when the story was out in Nov 2010 via the Sun Sentinel?
- Did Al really force Stephen Morris to play on a torn knee ligament?
- How close was Gruden to joining Miami?
- How worried was Miami internally that they would get the death penalty, and did they think two consecutive self imposed bowl bans were sufficient?
- How upset were players with Golden by the 2014 season?
- How did the player culture change from Coker to Shannon to Golden to Richt to Diaz?

The Gruden to Miami needs a 30 for 30

Advertisement
Didn’t Shemar say he was never allowed in his office lol

Haha I doubt he said that. How is he not allowed? When he came on campus did he request to meet Manny in his office? I saw an interview where his coach said they never been in his office but once Mario became the coach they often met in his office. Prior to that, they never knew it existed. Manny wasn’t a natural recruiter and was unqualified for the HC job at UM. Since Butch all of our coaches except Richt, Golden, & Mario had previous coaching experience. Too much money is pumped into college football, you can’t bring a novice on the job.

Yes, I always thought that was the demarcation point. That ruined Manny’s regime in the eyes of many. It’s rare for a Year 1 loss to do that.

the fiu lose was bad, but Schnellenburger lost to famu.. butch lost to a ton of crappy schools... Erikson was shut out by Arizona state.... Johnson lost to fsu.at home 3-38...

the last thread of hope lost, for me, was when the supposedly genius analyst Diaz didn't realize you let fsu score from the 1 o. first down so tvd can have time to engineer a great comeback.

calling timeout, when we didn't have enough, all but "guaranteed" fsu would win.

Advertisement
the fiu lose was bad, but Schnellenburger lost to famu.. butch lost to a ton of crappy schools... Erikson was shut out by Arizona state.... Johnson lost to fsu.at home 3-38...

the last thread of hope lost, for me, was when the supposedly genius analyst Diaz didn't realize you let fsu score from the 1 o. first down so tvd can have time to engineer a great comeback.

calling timeout, when we didn't have enough, all but "guaranteed" fsu would win.
I actually didn't get flustered too much by that. Not for the usual "oh, I expected we would lose." No, it's that in my own personal experience I've seen an otherwise great coach lose track of time in the heat of a game. It's not unexpected that any particular coach might have that happen. It's why there needs to be a person on the field whose primary job it is monitor things like that, and to yell at the coach the risk that they face.

I was more frustrated by the big lead that they allowed FSU to get in the first place.

Advertisement
Back