Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

Advertisement
Manny’s recruiting was too all-or-nothing. He signed some really good players but he had way too many misses and just ignored some positions. You’ll never make the jump of you have as many roster holes as we’ve had. He didn’t sign a linebacker worth a **** his entire stint as DC or HC

Advertisement
Nothing worse then an incompetent person thinking they are the smartest person in the room. This dudes blunders are legendary and I’m glad he is gone or he would have done irreversible damage to this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think you’re selling short Tae, Chantz, Isaiah, Elijah and Balom. There’s talent on this team. There’s also TVD, Don, Rooster, X and Redding. I’m forgetting some, but no one said Manny killed it, but a projected first round quarterback, five star running back and the other three I listed are no joke. Manny gets all the credit and all the blame. That’s the way life works. Fact

I respect that. But Since he was a DC and solely responsible for defense, I focus on those recruiting failures. Lashlee and COVID hid how rapidly the team was devolving into mediocrity.

Advertisement
You can say how he let an assistant coach pull out a pistol on a wide receiver in locker room
Yeah that. I was about to say….
1653052419394.gif

Seriously I remember something to that effect, but I don’t remember if it was corroborated or not.

I could write out two pages of boneheaded moves but hes gone and we need to move on.
Such an underrated post.

Only losers continue to harp on the past. Winners learn from it and move the **** on. Our fan base has had a loser mentality for going on 2 decades now and it’s time to “MOVE ON”

Facts. Our fanbase as a whole is overly fixated on looking backwards. Yes, our history is practically unparalleled but at some point you have put aome distance with our past so we can truly focus on moving forward. All that should matter is MC & winning so we can get back to where we belong without constant rehashing.
The historian in me wants to know what went wrong. Ive always disliked the notion that we just need to move on after a regime change; I want to know and understand the facts as to what drove the change and why things fell down. In part so that if it happens again you can spot the warning signs.

Advertisement
Back