Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

Updated the Mario cleanup portion of the OP. Looks like Mario has successfully repaired the damage done by Manny for all recruits that we know about.

clean up dog GIF

Advertisement
@AtlAtty

How incompetent were we?
I knew we were lazy in recruiting, I knew we were unprofessional and did not keep in touch with 5 stars, but was our program so incompetent as not see such obvious talent?
For this alone Diaz needs to be fired from PSU. And his next 5 jobs.

Every time I think we've documented the worst of Manny tenure here, something more amazing comes out.

Advertisement
After being reminded yesterday how Manny dropped the ball recruiting Ray Ray (I had repressed the memory), I figured we should have a single thread to appreciate how horrific he was as a recruiter and vent about his inept recruiting rather than replicating this everywhere. Each of these were fireable offenses IMHO and reveals how much damage Mario had to repair in order to even be considered again.

1. Forgot to invite 4* Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph to the BBQ
  2. Intentionally refused to recruit "Ray Ray". @Stevo365 says Ray Ray wasn't even allowed on campus to take pictures because of Manny's feud with Luke Campbell.
  3. Didn't contact 5* David Hicks for months after he visited during Paradise
  4. Offered 4* Jordan “Big Baby” Hall and then never contacted him again.
  5. Per @bradtejeda , 4* Riley Williams wanted to be a Cane but Manny de-prioritized his recruitment.
  6. Andrew Ivins reports that Manny's staff could not understand why 247 had Raul "Popo" Aguirre ranked so high.

Mario's Damage Recovery Tracker

1. Ray Ray. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.
  2. David Hicks. Mario was able to get him to OV, we're in his top 7.
  3. Big Baby. We're in his top 10 and he's coming to the July BBQ. Mario is cleaning up Manny's mess.
  4. Riley Williams. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.
  5. Popo Aguirre. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.

If you've got other examples, let me know and I'll update the OP.
I told people day one he was a terrible recruiter and evaluator. That's a recipe for disaster

@AtlAtty

How incompetent were we?
I knew we were lazy in recruiting, I knew we were unprofessional and did not keep in touch with 5 stars, but was our program so incompetent as not see such obvious talent?
For this alone Diaz needs to be fired from PSU. And his next 5 jobs.

Every time I think we've documented the worst of Manny tenure here, something more amazing comes out.
That is exactly how it feels. Like we are always thinking, ‘well, it can’t get any worse”. And yet it does.

This young man’s dad went to Columbus. THe kid always wanted to be a Cane. Even the often-clueless national recruiting sites recognized the talent and yet our own staff questioned it? This to me is as bad as D’Nofrio and his evals. I would be annoyed if the incompetent people making these decisions were being paid minimum wage. I am outraged to think all were making 6 figures, and 7 figures at the coordinator and HC level.

We see a lot of comments from our “elites” that people are basically cogs and you can plug and play anyone into roles as we are all replaceable.

Mario is show all of us what a competent leader with a competent team is capable of doing and the contrast is stark.

Advertisement
Drop the Manny ****. We are on to bigger things
As I said before in this thread, Mario is actively cleaning up Manny's mess with several recruits. The background stories are critical to understand what Mario needed to overcome and what recruits are thinking about when they commit.

As far as I know, we have at least two critical recruits (both in a position of desperate need--DT) who Manny poisoned the well with.

• David Hicks
  • "BigBay" Hall.

Can Mario finish the clean up job? So far, he's batting 100%

Manny was a phucking clown and hired his buddies who were high school caliber coaches. Lock this thread and burn his name from any Miami football history books.

Many of you have said it for years, as I have to fans outside this forum but it is worth repeating. "All it takes is one, great, solid hire, and Miami will back on track. Not just any hire that would use Miami as a stepping stone, but a guy who would be at long term, ie. 7-to10 years. "

Well here we are.

As I said before in this thread, Mario is actively cleaning up Manny's mess with several recruits. The background stories are critical to understand what Mario needed to overcome and what recruits are thinking about when they commit.

As far as I know, we have at least two critical recruits (both in a position of desperate need--DT) who Manny poisoned the well with.

• David Hicks
  • "BigBay" Hall.

Can Mario finish the clean up job? So far, he's batting 100%
Makes me wonder about Jalen Brown and Hakeem Williams as well.
Last year we know Stewart was impacted by the lack of relationship prior to Mario arriving.

Advertisement
Makes me wonder about Jalen Brown and Hakeem Williams as well.
Good point. I strongly suspect we're going to hear stories leak out about Manny's recruiting expertise with them once they make a decision just like with Popo. Hykeem was at every game last year and Mario's have to work overtime to get him on board. Something happened there, IDK what (yet).

I could write out two pages of boneheaded moves but hes gone and we need to move on.

I can see that point - but Manny was like a snake-bite - it's burned like ****, all swollen, bite site leaking plasma, light hurting our eyes, we're a bit lethargic - but Mario iced us down, gave us a shot of tequila so we feel much, much better, then faded us a couple more shots, got a few more shot glasses filled already, he's loaded up a syringe of anti-venom, speaking all calm and reserved - looked us straight in the eyes and quietly said, "we got this."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back