Manny's Recruiting Venting and Appreciation Thread

Advertisement
The scariest part to me about Manny Diaz is that we are a Cristobal rejection away from still having Diaz as coach.
Truth!

I'm going to start tracking which recruits in the OP Mario could repair the damage and which the damage was too much to repair.

For now, OP updated with this info

Mario's Damage Recovery Tracker
  1. Ray Ray. Committed. Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.
  2. David Hicks. Mario was able to get him to OV
  3. Big Baby. TBD
  4. Riley Williams. We will find out for sure on Friday, but by all accounts, Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.

After being reminded yesterday how Manny dropped the ball recruiting Ray Ray (I had repressed the memory), I figured we should have a single thread to appreciate how horrific he was as a recruiter and vent about his inept recruiting rather than replicating this everywhere. Each of these were fireable offenses IMHO and reveals how much damage Mario had to repair in order to even be considered again.

1. Forgot to invite 4* Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph to the BBQ
  2. Intentionally refused to recruit "Ray Ray". @Stevo365 says Ray Ray wasn't even allowed on campus to take pictures because of Manny's feud with Luke Campbell.
  3. Didn't contact 5* David Hicks for months after he visited during Paradise
  4. Offered 4* Jordan “Big Baby” Hall and then never contacted him again.
  5. Per @bradtejeda , 4* Riley Williams wanted to be a Cane but Manny de-prioritized his recruitment.

3. Big Baby. TBD
  4. Riley Williams. We will find out for sure on Friday, but by all accounts, Mario cleaned up Manny's mess.

If you've got other examples, let me know and I'll update the OP.

Excellent thread...no sarcasm

Advertisement
COVID was the best thing that could have happened to him

He was a dead man walking, and then recruits couldn't visit other schools. That gave him a lifeline
Indeed. If he actually had to compete that year for recruits, we probably would've finished in the 90s just like we were headed for with the 2022 class. Wasn't Arroyo the only non-FL recruit in that class? And in reality, Arroyo was a layup too with SFL roots that Fields reeled in. I suspect Manny had nothing to do with it.

I have no concrete evidence, but I'm pretty sure that Manny blew Enow Etta's recruitment. See highlighted part in bold below. I think Enow was bitter that he was ignored and Mario never could undo the damage. That's likely why the big DL coaches never got involved in his recruitment.

Sparty and Tucker better be thankful that Mario was/is operating with one hand tied behind his back with some of these recruits because of Manny's ineptitude.

Interviewed on the Scoop on the U tonight. Michigan, MSU, Standford, Alabama and Miami are recruiting him the hardest right now. Coach Walker(?) is his primary recruiter? Wishes Miami would've offered earlier.

Advertisement
1656527601155.png

Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Oh…….. and Al Folden

Advertisement
View attachment 193687
Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

Oh…….. and Al Folden

Pure Garbage. Radio over Charlie Strong? What a heaping mound of dung.

Even before Social Media, the sporting news "experts" got it wrong way more often than they got it right. They were always fair weather fans. with no analytical muscle behind their so-called rankings. Now, any idiot can publish any idiotic list and claim expertise.

Advertisement
For now, OP updated with this info

3. Big Baby. TBD

I know it's the offseason. But man, this is soooooooo underclubbing the impact. And I feel like we're exhuming a diseased corpse -- nothing but downside. ...

Ostrich fans pointing to Manny's Covid class as evidence he knew what he was doing. LOL. That guy was dead man walking. 7-6. 6-7, 8-3, 7-5 with Lashlee leaving. We we're dead, dead, dead as a program before Mario came on board.

Pure Garbage. Radio over Charlie Strong? What a heaping mound of dung.

Even before Social Media, the sporting news "experts" got it wrong way more often than they got it right. They were always fair weather fans. with no analytical muscle behind their so-called rankings. Now, any idiot can publish any idiotic list and claim expertise.
Focus on find potato. Forget the others and just laugh at Manny because the fact that it’s such a ****t* publication they have him so far low

And I feel like we're exhuming a diseased corpse -- nothing but downside. ...
When @Stevo365 was legit concerned that we'd lose RayRay because of his foolishness, we're not just beating a dead horse. Unfortunately for us, going to take a few months to flush out all of Manny's garbage when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
Back