Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

Advertisement
Nebraska has won 2 of their last 4 bowl games and 6 of their last 12. we’re 0-4 and 1-11. Whether our program is better off than theirs or not is a low bar. We’re similar because we were both strong in the past and are nothing like that anymore.

Nebraska win totals since 2014:

But they won a bowl games 15 years ago.

Dude when this is your argument don’t ever call anyone a slurper.

This was pathetic.

Advertisement
Miami is a significantly better program than Nebraska in every aspect, there are ZERO parallels between the two programs.

We haven’t won anything big, but we’ve had more recent success & winning seasons than them. They have been below .500 since 2016, we’ve had 3 winning seasons in that same time span.

I get your point, but Miami towers over Nebraska in terms on field success & it’s not even close. We’re not that bad in comparison to Neb & the losing seasons they’ve had.
Fair enough I didn't go look at the numbers. Me I measure us in being playoff type. Nebraska to me suck and sucked for a huge time.....imo we have sucked as well. I know we had a winning record but when UNC destroyed us (which I expected an L not destruction) and Clemson (which I expected) it took alot out of the season for me. Especially the bowl game....it didn't feel like a good season to me after that.

Are we a better program in every aspect ....weather....women....history....of course.

They have one winning season since 2014 and there’s no end in sight for that streak.

If you’re ever wondering why you’re called a mope, this is why.
I have maybe unrealistic expectations for UM...maybe that is why I'm always down. I expect Miami to do what Bama is doing. That's my bar

Advertisement
Your "red flag" is that Diaz isn't wasting more time on a player who has made it clear to anyone with a brain that he's Bama bound. Very logical.
Nah I'm off topic.......his job and part of that job is to convince elite kids to play here. I'm sure if it was 2008 Saban could convince a kid to go to bama when bama was trash. That's what elite coaches do.....we have to stop the bama bleeding or we will never reach that level period. That's a fact.....let's say by some miracle we beat bama week one but when signing day comes kids still go to bama then it's for nothing cause u need these type of kids to win. U need the majority of them

Last ten years I won't look if u look it up give me overall records and conference championship appearances. I won't even look. The only difference right now in 2021 not 2000 we have better weather and better recruiting ground. If I'm wrong then fire me
Just check their record over the past five years and tell me they are the same compared to us. They arent even competing for .500

Last edited:
Just check their record over the past five years and tell me they are the same compared to us. They arent even competing for .500
If I'm a recruit a rational recruit I pick UM I get that. U right....but we haven't won a **** thing IMO in forever just like them. We don't even win bowl games.

Advertisement
If I'm a recruit a rational recruit I pick UM I get that. U right....but we haven't won a **** thing IMO in forever just like them. We don't even win bowl games.
We are closer to it then they are. Pick Florida State, make it 5x worse and you got Nebraska.

At least we are competing for division wins, ranked spots and bowl games. If I went to a Nebraska fan and told him that Nebraska does the same this season, he will probably **** himself from laughter.

Nah I'm off topic.......his job and part of that job is to convince elite kids to play here. I'm sure if it was 2008 Saban could convince a kid to go to bama when bama was trash. That's what elite coaches do.....we have to stop the bama bleeding or we will never reach that level period. That's a fact.....let's say by some miracle we beat bama week one but when signing day comes kids still go to bama then it's for nothing cause u need these type of kids to win. U need the majority of them

Ah I see - Since Saban, who had one championship title under his belt, was coming from a NFL HC job, and had a Bama team that finished #8 just three years prior could convince recruits to play for a bad Bama team, then Diaz should be expected to do the same. Again, very logical.

Regarding your "facts" - hey remember that time Randy Shannon landed the #1 class and Miami won a bunch of championships with all those elite players? I guess since he got kids to commit to a bad team, it means Shannon was elite according to your own criteria.

And Miami needs these types of kids to win? You mean Earl Little Jr?

SourWeightyAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif

I must have missed the memo where Earl Little Jr. went from a decent CB prospect to Patrick Peterson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s false. You ***** drinkers are all about Manny, so it makes sense that your imaginary continuum revolves around manny. But for non-Manuelocultists, it’s about the program, not the corch or his ego or emotions. So we can be honest, be critical at times, and still root for success and hope for the best. Manny seems like a decent guy and if it doesn’t work out at UM I’ll wish him well elsewhere. But I won’t gargle his precum or lie to myself about his every flaw just to try to preserve the idea he’s infallible.
This entire Mope = Manny Hater is a part of the problem from the slurpers. Anyone who does not tow the line is the devil, a ****** fan... and some of them will attack and try to intimidate others through shame.

There are extreme mopes who hate Manny to the point of rooting for losses, and they’ve made themselves known for what they are, but there are plenty of mopes who want Manny to succeed because they want the program to succeed. They are simply trying to be objective about where we stand in a variety of areas.

Mopes is an easy term to use but the reality is that there’s a big portion of objective fans calling it how they see it - who get lumped in with some of the dreck unfairly.

Are you off your meds? Then how are we going to load up on S and DE which is the actual plan? No one take that many ******* CBs.
Do you realize we will lose 3 CB’s this yr maybe 4 ?

Who knows who will transfer out etc

we are loading up it’s known fact weather you like it or not lol

Man whining about the term corch is crazy. Every **** guy out there has merited the term at times. When you lose to FIU and La Tech and get a colonoscopy from UNC, you’re officially a corch. Here’s to hoping he can drop the r from his title.

My suspicion is the guy whining about the term corch don’t even know the etymology of the term.
Credit to someone on CIS for the....credit.

bowl games are basically irrelevant...if your not in the playoffs no one cares and kids will are already sitting out of meaningless bowl games
Spoken like an SEC guy. Watch Georgia Cincinnati again and tell me kids care. The “no one cares” is only said after a loss.

Advertisement
Back