Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

This entire Mope = Manny Hater is a part of the problem from the slurpers. Anyone who does not tow the line is the devil, a ****** fan... and some of them will attack and try to intimidate others through shame.

There are extreme mopes who hate Manny to the point of rooting for losses, and they’ve made themselves known for what they are, but there are plenty of mopes who want Manny to succeed because they want the program to succeed. They are simply trying to be objective about where we stand in a variety of areas.

Mopes is an easy term to use but the reality is that there’s a big portion of objective fans calling it how they see it - who get lumped in with some of the dreck unfairly.

CIS 3 types:

A. So how's the wife? I hear you guys are doing great.
B. Man, I'm hearing some things about your wife that aren't good. You may want to check it out.
C. Your wife is a ******* ****

Advertisement
Credit to someone on CIS for the....credit.

Amazing that that made the unban dictionary. Im pretty sure Shannon launched the term before corrine brown. At least amongst this fanbase. With his famous ‘corches gon corch’ comment.

Nebraska win totals since 2014:

But they won a bowl games 15 years ago.

Dude when this is your argument don’t ever call anyone a slurper.

This was pathetic.
You guys are so predictable. I didn’t raise the nebraska point. Someone else did. Defensive fans then immediately bristle, claiming it’s a crazy comparison since ... why?

We’re both programs that were good 20+ years ago. Maybe we’ve won a few more games than them recently. We still ain’t won the Coastal division more than once. We haven’t ever won the ACC. We suck worse than Nebraska in bowl games. We may out talent them but our results ain’t much better and winning a couple extra games in the ACC while failing to win the Coastal sure doesn’t make me think the comparison is inapposite. The goal around here is supposed to be to win meaningful games and compete for titles, not pat ourselves on the back for winning a bit more than some other storied program that has fallen on hard times.

Also, the claims of folks here that bowl games don’t matter is embarrassing. Why play them if they don’t matter? If we had won more than one in our last 11, I’m sure I’d hear about it positively. But our corches face plant in them so now they don’t matter.

So why do we watch the last game of the year? So u don't want us to win? I'm confused
Of course I watch and want us to win but I never look at a season and say its make or break based on a bowl game..especially a crappy one that nobody even remembers..they are only going to get less and less relevant especially for draft eligible players

Advertisement
Fair enough I didn't go look at the numbers. Me I measure us in being playoff type. Nebraska to me suck and sucked for a huge time.....imo we have sucked as well. I know we had a winning record but when UNC destroyed us (which I expected an L not destruction) and Clemson (which I expected) it took alot out of the season for me. Especially the bowl game....it didn't feel like a good season to me after that.

Are we a better program in every aspect ....weather....women....history....of course.

Weather and women determines how good a football program is?

My biggest issue with Manny is he's learning on the job.

You shouldn't be making these mistakes at Miami. They are the mistakes you make at Temple. So when a school like Miami calls you're ready to f^cking roll.

I can see him working to improve the program, the staff and himself and I respect that. But you can't fake it until you make it in the ACC. He can't keep up with the big boys while riding with training wheels.
i agree but that is on the people that hired him not manny himself. he didnt hire himself. clemson sat through dabos mistakes and worked out. hopefully we strike gold. if we dont, well end up w a new coach and go through the same struggles. were gonna have to hit on a guy at some point. hes recruiting well so hopefully we get our **** together on the field

Advertisement
This entire Mope = Manny Hater is a part of the problem from the slurpers. Anyone who does not tow the line is the devil, a ****** fan... and some of them will attack and try to intimidate others through shame.

There are extreme mopes who hate Manny to the point of rooting for losses, and they’ve made themselves known for what they are, but there are plenty of mopes who want Manny to succeed because they want the program to succeed. They are simply trying to be objective about where we stand in a variety of areas.

Mopes is an easy term to use but the reality is that there’s a big portion of objective fans calling it how they see it - who get lumped in with some of the dreck unfairly.
Many of those objective posters have shown their asses as mopes over the last month ****ing in the off-season Cheerios

There is a difference between hating Manny and bringing up logical red flags to discuss.

Cut the mopey crap. There's also a difference between "bringing up a logical red flag to discuss" and spamming the board with your "logical red flags to discuss" 24-7-365. Good lord, you brought up your "logical red flag" in a thread about a VIDEO that celebrated 3-05 Day. How was that some sort of "logical discussion" that you initiated? It was just more of your Mopey Bullsh!te.

Be honest. Stop gaslighting us all by trying to tell us that you are calmly and rationally discussing issues, when what you are really doing is moping all day every day on every possible thread.

You are the Mope equivalent of "15-0".

Advertisement
They're also a public university with vast resources, and alumni base. The reason why MIA's recruiting base can easily be negated is because in CFB the most important factors that determine winning are resources & coaching-not talent. At the NFL level the opposite is true. The biggest disparity between the elite teams & mediocre teams in P5 has more to do with resource allocation and coaching, than it does talent. If you put Saban on Nebraska, they become a NC contender within 3 yrs. Iowa and Wisconsin don't have a recruiting base either, but they still perennially hover around 10 wins every yr. Nebraska's main issue has been Coaching. MIA's has been resources AND coaching.
LOL. It’s a talent game. Miami has easy access to an abundance of it. Nebraska doesn’t. I don’t care if they’re a giant public university or not.

Cut the mopey crap. There's also a difference between "bringing up a logical red flag to discuss" and spamming the board with your "logical red flags to discuss" 24-7-365. Good lord, you brought up your "logical red flag" in a thread about a VIDEO that celebrated 3-05 Day. How was that some sort of "logical discussion" that you initiated? It was just more of your Mopey Bullsh!te.

Be honest. Stop gaslighting us all by trying to tell us that you are calmly and rationally discussing issues, when what you are really doing is moping all day every day on every possible thread.

0-15

LOL. It’s a talent game. Miami has easy access to an abundance of it. Nebraska doesn’t. I don’t care if they’re a giant public university or not.

I apologize if I made it seem like I was implying that talent wasn't important. It definitely is. My pt was that the recruiting base advantage this program once had over its peers is not nearly as significant as it once was. For a variety of reasons. There was a time when the recruiting base advantage & program's independent status was enough to offset solid but not great coaching & lack of resource allocation. That is no longer the case. In this current CFB era of uncontrolled spending, the other aspects of a program like coaching & infrastructure have become even more magnified & critical. Also, the dynamics of recruiting itself have also changed during this era. In this digital age MIA as a program no longer has the advantage of asymmetric information like it once did. Through camps and playing a national schedule, the mentality of many of the elite recruits has shifted, and they are much more receptive to the idea of leaving home, and playing elsewhere.

Last edited:
Advertisement

You slurpers are replicating the tyranny of the woke. Dwill is a known, respected long-time poster. Here you is attacking him for simply having different views from you and being willing to express them on a free message board. You really should know better than what you wrote here.

I apologize if I made it seem like I was implying that talent wasn't important. It definitely is. My pt was that the recruiting base advantage this program once had over its peers is not nearly as significant as it once was. For a variety of reasons. There was a time when the recruiting base advantage & program's independent status was enough to offset solid but not great coaching & lack of resource allocation. That is no longer the case. In this current CFB era of uncontrolled spending, the other aspects of a program like coaching & infrastructure have become even more magnified & critical. Also, the dynamics of recruiting itself have also changed during this era. In this digital age this program no longer has the advantage of asymmetric information like it once did. Through camps and playing a national schedule, the mentality of many of the elite recruits has shifted, and they are much more receptive to the idea of leaving home.
This is conjecture and plenty of reason to think it’s false. Everyone talks about all the differences, but Miami has hired 5 straight unqualified incompetents to be Hc (4 plus a retired dude who didn’t want to do the job of a HC, if you’re really keeping track).

We blame recruits and bags and the internet and whatever. But we’ve been selling a deficient product.

If miami shows local kids it’s a smart decision to stay home, you can bet most will listen, and if we win with them, most will stay.

Many of those objective posters have shown their asses as mopes over the last month ****ing in the off-season Cheerios
There are posters who say everything sucks, regardless of what happens, and do things like root for losses, and then there are objective people who praise and criticize based on what they see and believe.

The first group is worthless. I don’t consider the latter group of people to be a problem in any way just because they call things as they see them. I think their opinions are the best on this board and I also think that the opinions of the defend everything slurpers are about as valuable as those of the hate everything mopes.

CIS 3 types:

A. So how's the wife? I hear you guys are doing great.
B. Man, I'm hearing some things about your wife that aren't good. You may want to check it out.
C. Your wife is a ******* ****
Note that only Group C is spitting actual knowledge. The other two groups are pure rumor mill types.

Advertisement
Back