Manny & the Recruiting Process (formerly Earl Little Jr 1.0)

This is conjecture and plenty of reason to think it’s false. Everyone talks about all the differences, but Miami has hired 5 straight unqualified incompetents to be Hc (4 plus a retired dude who didn’t want to do the job of a HC, if you’re really keeping track).

We blame recruits and bags and the internet and whatever. But we’ve been selling a deficient product.

If miami shows local kids it’s a smart decision to stay home, you can bet most will listen, and if we win with them, most will stay.

Talk about conjecture. Smh. We've already went over this before, and what you're saying is ridiculous and simply does not align with reality. MIA has not hired 5 straight unqualified/incompetent HCs. The last 3 were 100% qualified to be the HC here. The reason why the last 2 failed wasn't because of their incompetence or qualifications. It was because of lack of administration accountability. Had they been the HC at a place like LSU, they would've never been allowed to dig their own grave, because the administration would've intervened after yr 1. The administration accountability that I am alluding to is a direct byproduct of resource allocation, or lack thereof. I know you're the board's resident self proclaimed logician, but I think these are the facts you should never lose sight of:

1.) The person that hired Al Golden @ MIA, also played for legendary HC Bill Snyder, hired future NFL HC Cliff Kingsbury @ TTU, and is currently serving on the CFB playoff committee. Does this sound like someone who lacks football knowledge/acumen to you??

2.) CMR was hired at the recommendation of an external search committee that the university paid top dollar for. Also when CMR was hired @ MIA, he had the 8th highest winning % in all of P5.

When Howard was 1st hired @ MIA, the program was such a dumpster fire, that they were giving away tickets to the games like they were fun coupons. You couldn't pay people to attend the games, thats how bad MIA was as a football program. Do you think it was a smart decision for the local recruits to commit to MIA back then? Despite the fact they had every reason and incentive to leave, they still took a chance and committed to the home town team. Those days are over.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Once again, I’d like to thank everyone for their fine participation in yet another kinder, more gentler version of CIS Debates for 2021.
At the request of one of the protagonists - this thread is officially unlocked. Have at it ye all warriors.
Go team!

And as added to the OP:
RVA Note: This here Earl Little Jr 1.0 thread has been commandeered by a jolly band of Mope & Slurper pirates. For information on the recruitment of Earl Little Jr please see the Earl Little Jr 2.0 thread or whatever iteration it’s in.

There are posters who say everything sucks, regardless of what happens, and do things like root for losses, and then there are objective people who praise and criticize based on what they see and believe.

The first group is worthless. I don’t consider the latter group of people to be a problem in any way just because they call things as they see them. I think their opinions are the best on this board and I also think that the opinions of the defend everything slurpers are about as valuable as those of the hate everything mopes.
****ting on everything for the sake of ****ting on everything or trolling is a nuanced art.

Advertisement
I’m bout ready to say phvck early junior. We don’t have time for this typafukshyt.

Advertisement
Talk about conjecture. Smh. We've already went over this before, and what you're saying is ridiculous and simply does not align with reality. MIA has not hired 5 straight unqualified/incompetent HCs. The last 3 were 100% qualified to be the HC here. The reason why the last 2 failed wasn't because of their incompetence or qualifications. It was because of lack of administration accountability. Had they been the HC at a place like LSU, they would've never been allowed to dig their own grave, because the administration would've intervened after yr 1. The administration accountability that I am alluding to is a direct byproduct of resource allocation, or lack thereof. I know you're the board's resident self proclaimed logician, but I think these are the facts you should never lose sight of:

1.) The person that hired Al Golden @ MIA, also played for legendary HC Bill Snyder, hired future NFL HC Cliff Kingsbury @ TTU, and is currently serving on the CFB playoff committee. Does this sound like someone who lacks football knowledge/acumen to you??

2.) CMR was hired at the recommendation of an external search committee that the university paid top dollar for. Also when CMR was hired @ MIA, he had the 8th highest winning % in all of P5.

When Howard was 1st hired @ MIA, the program was such a dumpster fire, that they were giving away tickets to the games like they were fun coupons. You couldn't pay people to attend the games, thats how bad MIA was as a football program. Do you think it was a smart decision for the local recruits to commit to MIA back then? Despite the fact they had every reason and incentive to leave, they still took a chance and committed to the home town team. Those days are over.
This debate is old, but reading or rereading your comment, all I cam say is hahahahahahahaha. Your effort to pile logical flaw on logical flaw is stupendous. Mark Richt was recommended by a consultant! Yeah, wow.

Went to HS with Earl and I'm excited to see what his son can do in a CANES Uni.

He has all the tools to be really good but does anyone know his speed?

RVA Note: This here Earl Little Jr 1.0 thread has been commandeered by a jolly band of Mope & Slurper pirates. For information on the recruitment of Earl Little Jr please see the Earl Little Jr 2.0 thread or whatever iteration it’s in.
You went to north Miami too? Class of 87 here. Lawrence Wright punk *** went there too

Advertisement

A lot of the talent that played for Howard—and there was some very good talent—was recruited by his predecessor Lou Saban. I was once told by somebody very knowledgeable, that Saban probably would’ve won a NC sooner than Howard did.

Advertisement
This debate is old, but reading or rereading your comment, all I cam say is hahahahahahahaha. Your effort to pile logical flaw on logical flaw is stupendous. Mark Richt was recommended by a consultant! Yeah, wow.

I was waiting for you brotha, where you been?! Though i'm not quite the mathamatician or logician that you are, you know me, I definitely want all the smoke. So lets continue the debate, or any for that matter

I was waiting for you brotha, where you been?! Though i'm not quite the mathamatician or logician that you are, you know me, I definitely want all the smoke. So lets continue the debate, or any for that matter
Just today was watching old Jordan games from the ‘84 US Olympic team’s practice games against NBA all stars. (Your avatar reminded me.)

Bobby Knight called MJ the GOAT before he ever played an NBA game, or even an actual Olympic one. Said he was the best athlete, most skilled player, most competitive player and some other stuff all rolled into one person.

I say he was right. Dude was goat from the minute he got to the nba. What say you?

Advertisement
Back