Manny on the CB position

I can
Super easy to win at. You have limited resources relative to the big state schools, have higher academic requirements for enrollment than said schools, are constantly in competition for local talent against half the world, have expectations as high or higher than any program on earth, have the most vocal alumni base, have a bunch of primadonna kids who think they're God's gift to football playing games with every staff they come into contact with, and half of them have some kind of handler/wannabe agent. Then, you have all the media focus and distractions of a huge city.

To compound all that, you have the most entitled fanbase on earth. The vast majority of whom have never done anything, at all, for the University, but somehow think they're entitled to an opinion as to how the University operates, and collectively think the football team is bigger than the academic institution.

I couldn't fathom an easier place to win at.

You definitely, definitely will never understand it if you think Miami is so easy to win at.

20th century offense, Normal 4-3 man press defense with no stupid blitzing from 100 miles away, & take the tutu atwells & trajan bandys of the world. That about wraps up how to be successful at Miami.

Advertisement
Manny seems fine with taking developmental guys at other positions but not CB. We can’t land the Marshalls and Surtains of South Florida but why can’t we find/take 2-3 guys that have traits that can be developed and actually give us depth? Shouldn’t be this difficult considering our location...
Agreed... but their collective recruiting of the position and current depth chart makes it where we need guys who are ready to go day 1. It’s actually incredible the situation they have created for themselves at CB while being located in South Florida.

IM GUESSING THEY ARE COUNTING MALIK CURTIS AS A CB...which is a disservice.

He apparently doesnt value the position all that much as he came into the season already down at the position by his own admission...then lost 1 during the season.
They also dropped a cb commit in the midst of all this...so they must know something lol
Diaz spoke about this earlier this year, they dont really value corners to cover.. He said he wants them to set the edge, tackle and have high positive energy for their teammates. After that it made sense, he just doesnt value the position because he will just run cover 3 and most college qbs will be coached to check down and dink and dunk down field.. He expects his blitzes to get them off schedule at some point driving a full length of field at some point and most college qbs arent accurate to kill it.. That why he make field position and starting drives from 50, punters, all those advanced metrics a big issue..

Now after understanding that I can understand why the Texas DB coach wanted to kill him back in day.. They were in running for DBU at the time, but Diaz D doesnt really value man coverage or care for it.. He said it out his mouth.. This will win alot of games but would cause issues against the clemson types, which you play 1 to 2 times a year..

Advertisement
Super easy to win at. You have limited resources relative to the big state schools, have higher academic requirements for enrollment than said schools, are constantly in competition for local talent against half the world, have expectations as high or higher than any program on earth, have the most vocal alumni base, have a bunch of primadonna kids who think they're God's gift to football playing games with every staff they come into contact with, and half of them have some kind of handler/wannabe agent. Then, you have all the media focus and distractions of a huge city.

To compound all that, you have the most entitled fanbase on earth. The vast majority of whom have never done anything, at all, for the University, but somehow think they're entitled to an opinion as to how the University operates, and collectively think the football team is bigger than the academic institution.

I couldn't fathom an easier place to win at.

You definitely, definitely will never understand it if you think Miami is so easy to win at.

Wow. This is absolutely a magisterial level post, and I could not have said it better myself. Bravo. This dyck sucking fanbase is without a doubt the most delusional in all of sports. Not just in CFB, but in all of sports. These morons somehow think that MIA is the only school in CFB with talent in it's back yard. Their insistence on maintaining unrealistic expectations towards the athletic administration & football program, has made this fanbase one of the most toxic & negative in the entire world. It's astonishing to me that after close to 20 yrs of being mired in mediocrity these low lifes still don't understand how things actually work in CFB.

This is by far one of the most difficult CFB HC jobs in the entire country, if not the most difficult.

Last edited:
Yep. I've been saying this for a while, as well as big/strong WRs. For a decade, the SEC has picked our pockets at those positions.
There are more WRs, and we've done a good job getting guys we've targeted. CBs? The blue-chippers have been getting snatched up by the KKK since Patrick Johnson's leech handlers set the price.

They're really going to make the mistake of putting Curtis on defense aren't they?
Has to. Don't have a choice with the numbers, and with Rumph there's not a lot of hope that changes. And fwiw I'm fine with it. When we were great we had great athletes on D.

He's banking on the Portal to bail'em out from having to recruit & sign a HS CB.

The only problem is, CB is a premium position that you infrequently find in the Portal.

You can find QB's, WR's, RB's, OL's, DL's, LB's & even Safeties in the Portal, but quality Corners is literally Diamond mining.

CB's are highly valuable in today's game & the ones worth a **** tend to stick with their teams because they usually get on the field pretty early & don't feel the need to transfer as much. In last year's Portal there was only about 2 maybe 3 quality Corners on the market, in next year's pool I'm suspecting there will be even less.

Eventually, Manuelito's gonna have to figure out how to acquire premium HS CB's, otherwise his lack of effort is gonna catch up to him & Hawk him down once he can no longer get by on 1 CB at a time that can actually cover each year lol.
What, you don't remember the prize grad transfer we stole from Wake a few years ago? ;)

Advertisement
Diaz spoke about this earlier this year, they dont really value corners to cover.. He said he wants them to set the edge, tackle and have high positive energy for their teammates. After that it made sense, he just doesnt value the position because he will just run cover 3 and most college qbs will be coached to check down and dink and dunk down field.. He expects his blitzes to get them off schedule at some point driving a full length of field at some point and most college qbs arent accurate to kill it.. That why he make field position and starting drives from 50, punters, all those advanced metrics a big issue..

Now after understanding that I can understand why the Texas DB coach wanted to kill him back in day.. They were in running for DBU at the time, but Diaz D doesnt really value man coverage or care for it.. He said it out his mouth.. This will win alot of games but would cause issues against the clemson types, which you play 1 to 2 times a year..
I BEEN knew this ...the first thing that flies out of his mouth when speaking on cbs is...TACKLING. That alone let me know what he thought of the spot. They also recruit the position like they dont care either so we have that as well. Were bringing in some beastly safeties in back to back classes so that is very important to him.

We complain about our cb play and recruiting when we should be complaining about the coaching philosophy. This may explain why Rumph is such a perfect fit for this Manny's scheme.

And saying “of course we’re not only going to sign 1 corner” as if they have any traction or could pull a decent one right now if they wanted to.

They’re just using Curtis as a CB right now to portray that they have one committed and save face for the ****** recruiting there. Then hope they sign another and say they got 2
I’m worried that they think they have a silent commit. we haven’t been doing too well with our silent sin recent years. Maybe Deejays ace will finally pull the trigger. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
There are more WRs, and we've done a good job getting guys we've targeted. CBs? The blue-chippers have been getting snatched up by the KKK since Patrick Johnson's leech handlers set the price.

Just counting from Central Florida (I-4 corridor) south...

--Since 2012, Alabama has taken Amari Cooper, Eddie Jackson, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Xavier Williams, Thaiu Jones-Bell, Agiye Hall, and Jacorey Brooks, all 6-footers with 4 or 5 star ratings, and most from SoFla.

--Sammy Watkins, Artavis Scott, Deon Cain, TJ Chase, Frank Ladson - that's 5 guys from Tampa southward who were 4 or 5 star, and were 6' or taller who went to Clemson since 2011.

--Georgia has taken Gilbert Johnson (6' but only 3 stars), Isaiah McKenzie (only 5'8" but 4 stars), Riley/Cavin Ridley (6' and 4 stars), Marcus Rosemy (6' and 4 stars), and Arian Smith (6' and 4 stars).

--Auburn has taken Ricardo Louis (6' and 4 stars), Tony Stevens (6' and 4 stars), Ryan Davis (5'10" and 4 stars), Nate Craig-Myers (6' and 4 stars), Anthony Schwartz (6' and 4 stars), and Elijah Canion (6' but only 3 stars).

--Tennessee has taken Nu'Keese Richardson (5'8" and 4 stars), Ted Meline (6' and 4 stars), Alton Howard (5'9" and 4 stars), Brandon Johnson (6' and 4 stars), Josh Palmer 6' and 3 stars), and Malachi Wildeman (6' and 4 stars).

It's very clear that the KKK schools are taking the tall/physical blue-chip WRs from South and Central Florida. I agree with you, "there are more WRs", generally speaking, but when you take a look at what has happened over the past 10 years, it's hard to ignore that the KKK schools are coming for big FL WRs just as they are coming for our best CBs.

And I realize, not all of those kids panned out. But about 85% of the kids I just listed were 6' or taller. About 85% of the kids I listed are 4 or 5 star talents.

The SEC "has a type". They aren't coming down to Florida for vacation.

Imagine if Miami got half of those SoFla WRs who were 6' blue-chippers.

--Since 2012, Alabama has taken Amari Cooper, Eddie Jackson, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Xavier Williams, Thaiu Jones-Bell, Agiye Hall, and Jacorey Brooks, all 6-footers with 4 or 5 star ratings, and most from SoFla.

--Sammy Watkins, Artavis Scott, Deon Cain, TJ Chase, Frank Ladson - that's 5 guys from Tampa southward who were 4 or 5 star, and were 6' or taller who went to Clemson since 2011.

--Georgia has taken Gilbert Johnson (6' but only 3 stars), Isaiah McKenzie (only 5'8" but 4 stars), Riley/Cavin Ridley (6' and 4 stars), Marcus Rosemy (6' and 4 stars), and Arian Smith (6' and 4 stars).

--Auburn has taken Ricardo Louis (6' and 4 stars), Tony Stevens (6' and 4 stars), Ryan Davis (5'10" and 4 stars), Nate Craig-Myers (6' and 4 stars), Anthony Schwartz (6' and 4 stars), and Elijah Canion (6' but only 3 stars).

--Tennessee has taken Nu'Keese Richardson (5'8" and 4 stars), Ted Meline (6' and 4 stars), Alton Howard (5'9" and 4 stars), Brandon Johnson (6' and 4 stars), Josh Palmer 6' and 3 stars), and Malachi Wildeman (6' and 4 stars).

It's very clear that the KKK schools are taking the tall/physical blue-chip WRs from South and Central Florida. I agree with you, "there are more WRs", generally speaking, but when you take a look at what has happened over the past 10 years, it's hard to ignore that the KKK schools are coming for big FL WRs just as they are coming for our best CBs.

And I realize, not all of those kids panned out. But about 85% of the kids I just listed were 6' or taller. About 85% of the kids I listed are 4 or 5 star talents.

You're proposing a different argument when you say "taken." A lot of the guys you claim were "taken" were actually given. And when you start expanding to Tampa and Orlando, we're not talking about the same thing.

Taken is Campbell, Surtain, Stephenson, et. al. I'm talking about KKK schools coming down here to South FL, not Tampa, and with one goal in mind to do whatever it takes to snatch our 5 star blue chip CBs, not guys like Schwartz and McKenzie and many of the others on your list that were good prospects, but guys we didn't really recruit.

I BEEN knew this ...the first thing that flies out of his mouth when speaking on cbs is...TACKLING. That alone let me know what he thought of the spot. They also recruit the position like they dont care either so we have that as well. Were bringing in some beastly safeties in back to back classes so that is very important to him.
Mandy is clueless. Oh and the CBs don’t do a good job of tackling either.

Advertisement

We didnt even recrit half of those guys or in play with any. You can basically sub out whomever tenn or auburn got as we didnt recruit any of those kids. And only recruited Cavin Ridley and Rosemy lightly...that being said UGA wr's arent good any wya. But after Clemson bought Sammy Watkins...those are some kids we could of won with and we all know what happened with Bama after they got Amari Cooper it just started the trend of s.fla best wideout heading that way.

I dont think were doing all too bad with wr recruiting honestly. Ahmonn Richards without injury would be in that clemson/Bama level as a player

He must be a devout idiot if he doesn't value CB. There's not a defense in the world that can excel with slugs at CB. There's a lot more to playing CB than just being a tackler.
Hey man..I am with you. But none of this makes any sense what he is doing when it comes to CB recruiting. Its like one big joke to him. "Yeah, umm, DUH!, of course we cant end the cycle with just 1 CB commit!" Smh. The sarcasm wasnt funny at all from him. I know he thinks he is King of the World because of this 7-1 record, but that is short-lived in any program if you dont plan for the future. He is living in the moment too much for my taste.

It’s not a mistake putting your better athletes with ball skills in your secondary. There always value in that. I get the allure of offense but u need that type of athlete in the backend as well. I think there’s a great chance, just like Clark he gets tried on Defense first. I think this kid and Clark bring instant return value whenever their ready to contribute tho
You realize though that at this point we barely have enough CBs to field a 2 deep, which includes Clarke as a project. So we are gonna take another project in Curtis???? No disrespect to Clarke or Curtis, they are great athletes, but we are in dire need of legit CBs, better than are on the roster now, if we want to finally compete with top ten teams.

I have to believe they are taking at least 1 HS and 1 transfer CB with the remaining spots

Advertisement
Back