Manny on the CB position

Mr. Dynasty1

Junior
On Monday, head coach Manny Diaz addressed the numbers situation at the spot, noting the departure of sophomore Christian Williams as another speed bump in landing the amount of players he would like his program to have at the position.

“You should normally have seven on the roster, eight on an odd year if you get a couple guys to come back. But you're always going to have, now in the era of opt-outs and transfers, you may have a guy leave like what we had this year. So we were one down and then one left. It put us in a little of a bind and guys had to step up and they have, but that's something we think we can remedy this offseason," Diaz said Monday during his weekly press conference.

Diaz suggested that Miami intends to sign multiple players at the position this recruiting cycle, which has a limited number of spots left due to the fact that they already carry commitments of 21 players. UM does hold a pledge from Fort Myers Bishop Verot athlete Malik Curtis, but it is thought that he might have an opportunity to stay on the offensive side of the ball after a strong senior season, though he was recruited to play cornerback.

"Well obviously we're not going to finish the class with one cornerback commit, so we understand that there's room to add in the recruiting class,” Diaz said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He says obviously we not gone finish with one CB commit but how is that obvious when we currently have 0 committed and it’s November?

IM GUESSING THEY ARE COUNTING MALIK CURTIS AS A CB...which is a disservice.

He apparently doesnt value the position all that much as he came into the season already down at the position by his own admission...then lost 1 during the season.
They also dropped a cb commit in the midst of all this...so they must know something lol

He apparently doesnt value the position all that much as he came into the season already down at the position by his own admission...then lost 1 during the season.
They also dropped a cb commit in the midst of all this...so they must know something lol
This Is Fine GIF

Advertisement
They're really going to make the mistake of putting Curtis on defense aren't they?
It’s not a mistake putting your better athletes with ball skills in your secondary. There always value in that. I get the allure of offense but u need that type of athlete in the backend as well. I think there’s a great chance, just like Clark he gets tried on Defense first. I think this kid and Clark bring instant return value whenever their ready to contribute tho

Advertisement

Did they drop Burns?? I know momma Duke was .38 about fan reaction...lol idk what to believe rn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back