Manny on the CB position

Advertisement
When you sign 0 corners you've left yourself little leeway. LOL at Mabo talking about needing 8 CBs while having 4 on the roster and none committed.
And saying “of course we’re not only going to sign 1 corner” as if they have any traction or could pull a decent one right now if they wanted to.

They’re just using Curtis as a CB right now to portray that they have one committed and save face for the ****** recruiting there. Then hope they sign another and say they got 2

Advertisement
When you sign 0 corners you've left yourself little leeway. LOL at Mabo talking about needing 8 CBs while having 4 on the roster and none committed.
He's banking on the Portal to bail'em out from having to recruit & sign a HS CB.

The only problem is, CB is a premium position that you infrequently find in the Portal.

You can find QB's, WR's, RB's, OL's, DL's, LB's & even Safeties in the Portal, but quality Corners is literally Diamond mining.

CB's are highly valuable in today's game & the ones worth a **** tend to stick with their teams because they usually get on the field pretty early & don't feel the need to transfer as much. In last year's Portal there was only about 2 maybe 3 quality Corners on the market, in next year's pool I'm suspecting there will be even less.

Eventually, Manuelito's gonna have to figure out how to acquire premium HS CB's, otherwise his lack of effort is gonna catch up to him & Hawk him down once he can no longer get by on 1 CB at a time that can actually cover each year lol.

He's banking on the Portal to bail'em out from having to recruit & sign a HS CB.

The only problem is, CB is a premium position that you infrequently find in the Portal.

You can find QB's, WR's, RB's, OL's, DL's, LB's & even Safeties in the Portal, but quality Corners is literally Diamond mining.

CB's are highly valuable in today's game & the ones worth a **** tend to stick with their teams because they usually get on the field pretty early & don't feel the need to transfer as much. In last year's Portal there was only about 2 maybe 3 quality Corners on the market, in next year's pool I'm suspecting there will be even less.

Eventually, Manuelito's gonna have to figure out how to acquire premium HS CB's, otherwise his lack of effort is gonna catch up to him & Hawk him down once he can no longer get by on 1 CB at a time that can actually cover each year lol.

Manny seems fine with taking developmental guys at other positions but not CB. We can’t land the Marshalls and Surtains of South Florida but why can’t we find/take 2-3 guys that have traits that can be developed and actually give us depth? Shouldn’t be this difficult considering our location...

LCE (or was it Prop Joe) made a good point that maybe CB isnt a position he values in his defense that much. Two positions he definitely seems to put a premium on are DEs and Safetys. He makes it clear by his actions that he always needs to recruit at an elite level at those 2 spots. ****, even Striker he values more than CB. Time will tell because either he is extremely smart or extremely stupid.

Advertisement

The non-recruitment of KJ Sails last offseason and Divaad Wilson this offseason shows me Manny has very little respect for the CB position. I think he feels that as long as he has an elite pass rush, and elite safety play to cover up any messes..his Defense will take care of the rest.

You wanna know how I know blue-chip CBs are so valuable? What's the main position that the KKK bag schools come down here with the big gravy to poach? The one position they're always fleecing us for down here is CB.

LCE (or was it Prop Joe) made a good point that maybe CB isnt a position he values in his defense that much. Two positions he definitely seems to put a premium on are DEs and Safetys. He makes it clear by his actions that he always needs to recruit at an elite level at those 2 spots. ****, even Striker he values more than CB. Time will tell because either he is extremely smart or extremely stupid.
He must be a devout idiot if he doesn't value CB. There's not a defense in the world that can excel with slugs at CB. There's a lot more to playing CB than just being a tackler.

Advertisement
Advertisement
214D410E-04C7-49CF-B1DB-42FB340EEF9C.jpeg

This program is so easy to win at & yet everyone makes it so hard. I'll never understand it.

Super easy to win at. You have limited resources relative to the big state schools, have higher academic requirements for enrollment than said schools, are constantly in competition for local talent against half the world, have expectations as high or higher than any program on earth, have the most vocal alumni base, have a bunch of primadonna kids who think they're God's gift to football playing games with every staff they come into contact with, and half of them have some kind of handler/wannabe agent. Then, you have all the media focus and distractions of a huge city.

To compound all that, you have the most entitled fanbase on earth. The vast majority of whom have never done anything, at all, for the University, but somehow think they're entitled to an opinion as to how the University operates, and collectively think the football team is bigger than the academic institution.

I couldn't fathom an easier place to win at.

You definitely, definitely will never understand it if you think Miami is so easy to win at.

Last edited:
You wanna know how I know blue-chip CBs are so valuable? What's the main position that the KKK bag schools come down here with the big gravy to poach? The one position they're always fleecing us for down here is CB.

Yep. I've been saying this for a while, as well as big/strong WRs. For a decade, the SEC has picked our pockets at those positions.

Advertisement
Back