Manny on the CB position

Advertisement
Mike Rumph, the man who delivered Sony Michel to UGA, is officially the worst coach I have ever seen at Miami. Hands down. The secondary is the worst unit on the team, and the recruiting of that position is worse than any we have EVER seen here. Guy is the WOAT.

Mike Rumph, the man who delivered Sony Michel to UGA, is officially the worst coach I have ever seen at Miami. Hands down. The secondary is the worst unit on the team, and the recruiting of that position is worse than any we have EVER seen here. Guy is the WOAT.
Some major lies in here. Go do some research

Look no further than the Dolphins.

They were putrid last year on D. They bring in a couple DE/OLBs to rush the passer, bring in Jones to pair with a healthier Howard.....things start to click.

CBs are critical in today's spread game. If you can single up coverage on the outside, you don't have to keep playing playing safeties 12 yards off the ball dropping on the snap and being eliminated from run support. You can keep more guys in the box and have more guys free to blitz.

Xavian Howard when healthy is a top 5 cb in the league. When they added Jones they were cooking with grease(even though i got more ints than jones).

Alot of what the dolphins do is predicated on them being able to man up everywhere. I agree with you. Dolphins still need more help rushing the passer and i would LOVE ROSSEAU in that defense. *Ric Flair woo*

Manny's defense is a heavy cover 3 zone scheme and it appears he could really care less about the position. Rumph being one of the worst recruiters ever also helps that...But we should be stockpiled with big time ocrners with the type of pass rush we generate and....we're here. lol They pass up COUNTLESS dudes that could/would play here for whatever reason yearly and thats going on 3-4 years now. Im not sure if its they are looking for an nfl prototype...but it alot of guys i know for a fact would have our depth looking alot better than it is now..especially considering EVERY CLASS they get commits and drop guys they offer..guys when you look at it they shouldnt have offered or accepted commitments from int he first place. SMH

I'll be honest, the willingness to tackle for a CB is the #1 consideration I have when looking at one.

Granted it's how I sift through the dozens and dozens of Draft prospects and its the thing that rules them off the list. Then I look at coverage traits etc.
The best cb EVER to play football could care less or had no initiative to tackle. Deion Sanders. My first consideration is feet and then ball skills.

Advertisement
The best cb EVER to play football could care less or had no initiative to tackle. Deion Sanders. My first consideration is feet and then ball skills.
He's the exception that proves the rule.

I'd have a roster full of Couch-type CBs if I was recruiting for this team. He's the best CB I've seen in Diaz's defence.

🤔

I'm always labeled the bad guy when I tried to tell everybody he doesn't value the CB Position. His scheme is TFL, Sacks, Yards per play, and don't get beat deep. Problem? Well you play Clemson and they take all the underneath you give them, and they beat you by 20 something every year. To top it off you giving away underneath stuff when you have been here for 5yrs, yet our Linebacker room stinks... But, Manny is God to Manny Fans... Miami Hurricane fans... See we need to get rid of dude. His scheme I doubt he changes it, and we continue to lose against Clemson by 20 something. Even with our best defense he had Kelly Bryant looking like Tom Brady out there lol. Dude was 15 for 15 on us at one point.

Advertisement
I'm always labeled the bad guy when I tried to tell everybody he doesn't value the CB Position. His scheme is TFL, Sacks, Yards per play, and don't get beat deep. Problem? Well you play Clemson and they take all the underneath you give them, and they beat you by 20 something every year. To top it off you giving away underneath stuff when you have been here for 5yrs, yet our Linebacker room stinks... But, Manny is God to Manny Fans... Miami Hurricane fans... See we need to get rid of dude. His scheme I doubt he changes it, and we continue to lose against Clemson by 20 something. Even with our best defense he had Kelly Bryant looking like Tom Brady out there lol. Dude was 15 for 15 on us at one point.
Yup manny defense will work on most because he banks on college qbs making mistakes driving the length of the field.. But when you play the top teams who can neutralize your blitz, then you will get embarrassed in those types of games..

1. How do YOU know who's pursuing him?
2. He shows offers from Kansas State, Nebraska, Louisville, Pitt, Tennessee, West Virginia, etc.

I don't know zhit, I go with what I read on different boards.
My point is if he's so great why would he go from the U to fl atlantic.

Advertisement
I've tried to explain that
IM GUESSING THEY ARE COUNTING MALIK CURTIS AS A CB...which is a disservice.

He apparently doesnt value the position all that much as he came into the season already down at the position by his own admission...then lost 1 during the season.
They also dropped a cb commit in the midst of all this...so they must know something
I've tried to explain that to y'all but no one wants to listen. The offers he makes is because he sees the cb position simply as system fits. He feels it's a plug and play position. Doesn't see value in having elite corners... That's what the head coach feels.

Xavian Howard when healthy is a top 5 cb in the league. When they added Jones they were cooking with grease(even though i got more ints than jones).

Alot of what the dolphins do is predicated on them being able to man up everywhere. I agree with you. Dolphins still need more help rushing the passer and i would LOVE ROSSEAU in that defense. *Ric Flair woo*

Manny's defense is a heavy cover 3 zone scheme and it appears he could really care less about the position. Rumph being one of the worst recruiters ever also helps that...But we should be stockpiled with big time ocrners with the type of pass rush we generate and....we're here. lol They pass up COUNTLESS dudes that could/would play here for whatever reason yearly and thats going on 3-4 years now. Im not sure if its they are looking for an nfl prototype...but it alot of guys i know for a fact would have our depth looking alot better than it is now..especially considering EVERY CLASS they get commits and drop guys they offer..guys when you look at it they shouldnt have offered or accepted commitments from int he first place. SMH

I think Parsons is a good fit early with what he brings in the run game and blitzing. Zaven Collins is another on the outside, a big versatile LB/Edge.

If Houston keeps losing they'll have a lot of options up top.

Advertisement
He's the exception that proves the rule.

I'd have a roster full of Couch-type CBs if I was recruiting for this team. He's the best CB I've seen in Diaz's defence
I think Parsons is a good fit early with what he brings in the run game and blitzing. Zaven Collins is another on the outside, a big versatile LB/Edge.

If Houston keeps losing they'll have a lot of options up top.

I dont think there is a productive penn state defender in the nfl. I love Zaven Collins from what ive seen. Im all in on that kid

Advertisement
Back