Manny on Recruiting and the University of Miami

u really think this man is going to be able to recruit and close on elite targets on NSD? **** nah he isnt even if we were 2-0 its just never been a strength of his

Which makes it even more problematic to be elevating the standard on what you want the public to now believe will all be almost rock solid commits.

You say this stuff and then local punks continue their last minute flips/disrespect then all of a sudden you (and the program) become even bigger b!tches.

Advertisement
Kirby was handed a mustang and turned it into a 911 turbo. Diaz was handed an economic sedan. Let’s see what he does with it. As of now that sedan has two flat tires
See this is complete hyperbole, we aren't a 991 Turbo S but we aren't a economic sedan. Talent on paper is top 15, at worst top 20 and we just haven't lived up to that. Also to the poster that said 14-0 is expected, just more hyperbole, how about 10 wins in the weakest power 5 division in the country? Instead we are 2-0 and once again were not prepared for a conference game after a bye week.

This is why I believe in Diaz. You need to thin out the fake get kids who want to come here sell them on creating a legacy. That's why I like the Tnm slogan a new miami no more chasing the past create your own legacy dont go join Alabama and Clemson and be a bandwagon come make something out of a pile of rubble

Advertisement
See this is complete hyperbole, we aren't a 991 Turbo S but we aren't a economic sedan. Talent on paper is top 15, at worst top 20 and we just haven't lived up to that. Also to the poster that said 14-0 is expected, just more hyperbole, how about 10 wins in the weakest power 5 division in the country? Instead we are 2-0 and once again were not prepared for a conference game after a bye week.
Talent is a decrepency on this team the most important players on any team starts in the trenches and u look Zion Nelson low rated 2 star corey gaynor 3 star jakai Clark 3 star DJ scaife low 4 star. Defense jon ford 3 star jon garvin low 4 star. I know stars dont mean alot but u need coaches to develop them and on o line we haven't had good coaches and on d line we can't keep a coach for more than 2 years.

I dont think its just attending games. Its being on campus and at practice 3 nights a week that make it just another place to hangout.
That's the tough situation that we are in with recruiting.

We don't invite every SFL recruit to every event, practice, etc. We don't shower them with non-stop, constant attention....and we get not only the recruits, but the handlers, the uncles, the high school coaches, all whining about how we aren't showing them enough "love."

But when they do come to campus all the time, when they are regulars at practices, when it becomes just another hangout, then we are just that same old place they spend lots of time, and it just isn't as "cool" or "exciting" or "different" than the other schools.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Having the SFL talent in our backyard is a blessing, and a curse.

Just watched manny presser and I just wanna see him and Miami succeed. These losses hurt but we gotta be positive. I can taste success we’re right there. Dam I want us to be 10-2 so bad we have the talent and the coaching is there I see the improvement. We need these two confidence building games to turn our season around ( Bethune cookman and central Michigan) I believe in MANNY

Talent is a decrepency on this team the most important players on any team starts in the trenches and u look Zion Nelson low rated 2 star corey gaynor 3 star jakai Clark 3 star DJ scaife low 4 star. Defense jon ford 3 star jon garvin low 4 star. I know stars dont mean alot but u need coaches to develop them and on o line we haven't had good coaches and on d line we can't keep a coach for more than 2 years.
Scaife wasn't a low 4 star, he was a high 4 star. We have 4 stars all over the roster, we have way more talent than a team such as UNC or most other teams on our roster. When does it start to fall on the staff?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I dont think you're going to suddenly drive up the value of a UM scholarship but playing hardball. Especially after the last couple games. This is SFLA! The first time a scholly is pulled it will drive a wedge between the school and community.

The solution is winning! Stop whining about everything else. Just win! Beat the team you are supposed to and identify local talent before school 10000 miles away do, which hasnt been happening.

I'd love Manny to starting placing value on a UM coaching position. It shouldnt be a handout to old friends looking to get into the business. If you want to be taken seriously, it starts at home.

Scaife wasn't a low 4 star, he was a high 4 star. We have 4 stars all over the roster, we have way more talent than a team such as UNC or most other teams on our roster. When does it start to fall on the staff?
U are correct about us vs unc while i cannot speak about unc's situation richt and coaches of the past have created a losing culture that players became ok with. You can not deny that miami should have won the last 2 games if it weren't special teams. Miami teams of past would have folded as soon as one thing went wrong. While coaching still has to be fixed with what Diaz did in his first year at miami adjustment wise I am not worried.

Advertisement
From his press conference today:

* Diaz also spoke about recruiting, hinting that there are things in place to try and prevent decommitments.
“There are some things we are changing in what we’ll do to take a commitment,” Diaz said. “Not all those things are grandfathered, but what it means to be committed and a certain criteria for that to happen. There’s a criteria for what happens when you are committed that has never been in place in the past. Our recruits are aware of that now, I don’t want to get into the details. But from the inside out, if we don’t put value in something, it’s just sales. … Before you value it, I have to value it. The way we look at ourselves, current players look at ourselves, it has to come from inside this building. The next step is from our fan base and community. Part of that is not tolerating people not respecting the University of Miami, the hometown team. That’s personal to me, my staff, our players. The University of Miami is going to get back to where it needs to get back to with players that love the University of Miami.”

***** win already. He has the best quotes ever with zero substance.

Also Manny wasn't handed anything on defense, that is his defense all his. His coaches, his recruits, and everything so if the defense sucks it isn't on some other coach that left, its on him.

U are correct about us vs unc while i cannot speak about unc's situation richt and coaches of the past have created a losing culture that players became ok with. You can not deny that miami should have won the last 2 games if it weren't special teams. Miami teams of past would have folded as soon as one thing went wrong. While coaching still has to be fixed with what Diaz did in his first year at miami adjustment wise I am not worried.
Losing culture? UNC won 2 games last year, but Mack has them 2-0. Let’s stop making this entire losing culture this insurmountable mountain. Also, there have been plenty of times where Golden’s teams would hang around and not fold. The problem was that in the end that doesn’t count for anything. Part of the reason that Diaz was hired was the continuity and that we could win now and once again we come out unprepared. I would have been *****ing even if we won that game because the deficiencies are so **** glaring. We are a mess and it starts with the staff.

Advertisement
Back