Manny on Recruiting and the University of Miami

Advertisement
We can't go around pulling schollies but prevent these bag chasers from living on campus. Tyrique was here every **** week just to hang out with his boys.

You can instill it within you’re locker room. You’re either with us or against us. No more having your boys over to “chill” when they arent coming here. That would go a lot further than any coach could do personally

I agree with this 1000% if we're 2-0 right now or 0-2......but this is another thing Manny better be providing more than lip service to. If he says all this and we STILL get clowned with decommits and on signing days then what's the end result? It's Manny looking like a joke.
We're getting clowned already. And he'll be clowned even worse if he does nothing. He has no choice. It's all a question of if he has plans in place if the "clowners" call him on it.

If he can flush them out early, and turns things around on the field, he may end up in a stronger position then when he began this cycle. But people want to see results.

Scaife wasn't a low 4 star, he was a high 4 star. We have 4 stars all over the roster, we have way more talent than a team such as UNC or most other teams on our roster. When does it start to fall on the staff?
It has. Manny got rid of the entire offensive staff. The problem is there may still be dead wood on the defensive side.

This is the first staff Manny's had to assemble. His coaching tree is not that large. Some of his hires may be hit and miss. But getting Enos shows he will go outside of his coaching tree. Just as the team has to develop, so does the staff. After the season, there'll be a time to assess and make adjustments. Unlike Richt, Manny doesn't seem like the type to stand pat. If he doesn't make needed adjustments, then it falls on him.

Advertisement
From his press conference today:

* Diaz also spoke about recruiting, hinting that there are things in place to try and prevent decommitments.
“There are some things we are changing in what we’ll do to take a commitment,” Diaz said. “Not all those things are grandfathered, but what it means to be committed and a certain criteria for that to happen. There’s a criteria for what happens when you are committed that has never been in place in the past. Our recruits are aware of that now, I don’t want to get into the details. But from the inside out, if we don’t put value in something, it’s just sales. … Before you value it, I have to value it. The way we look at ourselves, current players look at ourselves, it has to come from inside this building. The next step is from our fan base and community. Part of that is not tolerating people not respecting the University of Miami, the hometown team. That’s personal to me, my staff, our players. The University of Miami is going to get back to where it needs to get back to with players that love the University of Miami.”

Great political answer, honestly.

People still talking this win and they'll come **** knowing dam well the cheating other schools can get away with in plain sight. **** that would get us the death penalty. I know pee wee football coaches who could win national titles if allowed to cheat as much as bama, Clemson and others.

Advertisement
We’re not where we need to be recruiting-wise but we still have the talent to run the CoRstal and beat UNC ffs. Our coaching is the bigger immediate problem bc we need to dominate our shîtty Division and we should be able to do on talent but like Joaquin said - we not doing it. The regression on defense is pretty bad and a good chunk of it is coaching. Our offense is better this year. Enos is bringing JW along.
One step forward two steps back....

Scaife wasn't a low 4 star, he was a high 4 star. We have 4 stars all over the roster, we have way more talent than a team such as UNC or most other teams on our roster. When does it start to fall on the staff?

Not after just two games.

Advertisement
Too many people just don't get that and think we should be 14-0 this year and in the playoff.
No we get it, but we don't expect to lose to at best an equally talented team when we had two weeks to prepare and the game came down to the unit you've been in charge of the last couple of years because of a coordinator you hired.

I mean are we asking for too much?

Advertisement
Diaz was not handed a dynasty.
No, but you have to win the games you are supposed to win. Losing to UNC is not acceptable. I don't care how young the defense is. There are no freshman starting on defense. The fact that they made so many mistakes says they were not prepared properly. If the players don't execute then it's on the coaches because it's their job to make sure they do.

It's exactly the same thing as a team heavily penalized. We have cleaned up a lot of them, but teams that avg a high number is penalties throughout the season are poorly coached because they lack discipline as anyone would agree. I'm pointing this out not to say we are a heavily penalized team, but to illustrate that the performance of the team is the responsibility of the coaching staff not the garbage that Richt put out last year saying it's up to the players to execute. NO!!! It's up to the coaches to make sure the players are executing at a high level.

I think Manny needs to hit the Juco or transfer market for a CB and LB. After watching that game, I completely believe that Ivey it to slow for the next level, not only that, but he didn't even use his size or his "physicality" as an advantage. After watching that I think it is more imperative for UM to go after Brian George, 6'2 190lb juco CB. Then at the LB position we have Brooks, and Huff, who are really athletic SLB or WLB, but not necessarily a MLB. Joyner is suppose to come back and I think he will be a quality MLB in the future. Jennings and Steed, who I originally had high hopes, are coming off some pretty big injuries and personally I am worried about whether or not they can back to their original form. That leaves us With Joyner, Brooks, Huff, LB from 2020 class, and a legit JUCO or transfer LB, that is some pretty good depth and would set us up for the future. And after watching these past 2 games I have changed my opinion about Corey Flagg and I originally was on the train, but now hoped off due to watching shaq play, I do not think he projects well at the next level.

0-2 & telling kids you don’t want them. brilliant. this guy might end up being the best used car salesmen of the bunch.

tenor.gif

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back