Manny on Recruiting and the University of Miami

Advertisement

This dude gets it....

Local kids for us has been to um like 5000 million times by their junior year. They go to these other schools "once" and get amazed.

For example i got some 9th graders..they have already been out to Um like 2 times. There is likely nothing that will be added that can really excite them by their sr years. If they are recruits byt hen of course they will still take the visit...but kids that dont travel much will be all over that "newness" when they do the usual south florida handler/coaches summer money grab kick back tour their junior years

This dude gets it....

Local kids for us has been to um like 5000 million times by their junior year. They go to these other schools "once" and get amazed.

For example i got some 9th graders..they have already been out to Um like 2 times. There is likely nothing that will be added that can really excite them by their sr years. If they are recruits byt hen of course they will still take the visit...but kids that dont travel much will be all over that "newness" when they do the usual south florida handler/coaches summer money grab kick back tour their junior years

Ok but this isn't an easy answer at all...What is UM supposed to do? Tell local 9th-10th graders no you can't come to campus? That oughtta go over will well?

This dude gets it....

Go, in your opinion how do we handle it though? I mean, not let the young kids come on campus? I get keeping a guy like Stevenson from coming every **** week, but like with your example, how do you say no to the ninth graders? I'm just trying to see what's the best way to handle things.

Advertisement
Go, in your opinion how do we handle it though? I mean, not let the young kids come on campus? I get keeping a guy like Stevenson from coming every **** week, but like with your example, how do you say no to the ninth graders? I'm just trying to see what's the best way to handle things.

I'm not go but this is a good question. Unfortunately, there's no right way, I'm afraid. You HAVE to bring these kids onto campus, forge relationships, etc. Other schools do this a lot with their local kids - we just happen to have tONS of these local kids. Ain't no way around that. Maybe only bring them onto campus if they're part of a camp (if they're 9th/10th graders). Otherwise, no unofficial campus visits until Jr years - or something like that.,

This is EXACTLY what I’ve been preaching the coaches and fans/community should do with local recruiting. Put value back on the UM scholarship by not allowing 16 year old kids and leech pimps punk you out. If you approach this **** with the weakness I see from the pvssies in here then you’ll never dig out of the rut.

If you act like you can’t take a firm stance with recruits because you haven’t won enough lately then you’ll never be a winner again. Keep acting like a bytch and they’ll keep treating us like a bytch. If we’re good enough for guys like Brevin, Lo, Chaney, and Deejay to commit and be UM ambassador, then we’re good enough for anyone else.

And the fans need to become more territorial and hardcore and stop this limp-wristed “it’s just football and kids need to go where they want” mentality. If you punk the local school or chase bags then don’t come back here looking for work or anything else after college. Take more pride in your community and quit being KKK groupies and sell out bytches.

If you’re a UM fan have some fcking pride and backbone and be more territorial. Quit trying to be so evolved and detached because you just look and sound like gutless pvssies.

This is EXACTLY what I’ve been preaching the coaches and fans/community should do with local recruiting. Put value back on the UM scholarship by not allowing 16 year old kids and leech pimps punk you out. If you approach this **** with the weakness I see from the pvssies in here then you’ll never dig out of the rut.

If you act like you can’t take a firm stance with recruits because you haven’t won enough lately then you’ll never be a winner again. Keep acting like a bytch and they’ll keep treating us like a bytch. If we’re good enough for guys like Brevin, Lo, Chaney, and Deejay to commit and be UM ambassador, then we’re good enough for anyone else.

And the fans need to become more territorial and hardcore and stop this limp-wristed “it’s just football and kids need to go where they want” mentality. If you punk the local school or chase bags then don’t come back here looking for work or anything else after college. Take more pride in your community and quit being KKK groupies and sell out bytches.

If you’re a UM fan have some fcking pride and backbone and be more territorial. Quit trying to be so evolved and detached because you just look and sound like gutless pvssies.

Can't stand the ***aloons in here that still root for kids after they've taken bags to put on for the city .... away from their city.

**** stains like Ridley, Jeudy, Stevenson, Jobe, and the rest should be afraid to come back b/c of how bad they'd get treated.

The decommitments last cycle were largely Manny's fault. He could have encouraged them to stay at Miami after he took the Temple job.

Advertisement
The decommitments last cycle were largely Manny's fault. He could have encouraged them to stay at Miami after he took the Temple job.
Really who did we lose that it wasn't the result of is getting beat down by Wisconsin? Stop with the fake news.

I don't care about any of this stuff. Just get more 4/5 stars to sign with Miami. That's what will help you win, and winning is what you will be judged on.

Nobody cares about this sideshow crap

Scaife wasn't a low 4 star, he was a high 4 star. We have 4 stars all over the roster, we have way more talent than a team such as UNC or most other teams on our roster. When does it start to fall on the staff?
It falls on them finally after 2 years too long of their regime... then the same knuckleheads tell us how the next guy is like Jimmy Johnson and we just gotta be patient. Miami is like Fast & Furious... just a sh*tty movie franchise trying to pump you up every few years.

Agreed never understood the cheering on a kid that disrespected your school and coaches. Those are the same ones that they walk in on their wife getting pounded and the guy asks for a glass of water and they ask with or without ice?

It may not make a kid commit but it should free up resources for kids that are actually interested.

Think of how many hours wasted on Josh Jobe when everyone on here knew he was not coming for months. I believe some of the coaches went up to Connecticut with him. They arranged meetings with counselors. All the time this @$$hole knew he was going to KKK land and had already taken the bag.

Advertisement
Really who did we lose that it wasn't the result of is getting beat down by Wisconsin? Stop with the fake news.

Wisconsin was after the early signing day. Nobody decommitted from Miami because of that game.

A whole bunch of recruits left Miami after Diaz announced he was taking the Temple head job, for in case you've forgotten.

Wisconsin was after the early signing day. Nobody decommitted from Miami because of that game.

A whole bunch of recruits left Miami after Diaz announced he was taking the Temple head job, for in case you've forgotten.
Ok at least name some of them instead of the "a whole bunch" BS

Coaches been getting played since Randy. Something needed to change. We will definitely lose some, but at the end of the day a UM scholarship needs to be more the place holder. And stop lettting kids visit daily

Advertisement

If Manny isn't the coach, we lose all three linebackers and Jeff Thomas for starters.

This dude gets it....

so slow play them till an official? its a lose lose for UM, they will be ridiculed for not inviting kids and then they will lose the kid regardless

So according to the Herald tonight, two of the new parameters that will apply to recruits are the following:

1. Parent or guardian will have to be present with the recruit to make a verbal commitment in person to the coach/Manny

2. If a player commits, he will be told that visits to other schools after the last day of camps before his senior year are discouraged. If a recruit commits and takes other visits after this time he understands UM may revoke his scholarship or fill it with another player

This was related to the reporter from a local coach

Advertisement
Back