Manny on Joe Rose Today

“2 Things can be true, you can be happy you won a game, but you can also know that work needs to be done to correct issues we have.

See you phucking mopes, just because we aren’t *****ing like you doesn’t mean we’re “sunshine pumpers” we all know that we need to get **** fixed ASAP, we’re just not going to **** on every single thing.

Then he show act that way. Nothing like sending mixed signals. People tend to put more credence in what someone does rather than what someone says.

Advertisement
I’ll be honest and say I’m not feeling overly optimistic after UVA, but I absolutely agree that totally and completely giving up midseason, after going 5-1, is insane.

Every other team in the ACC, sans Clempsen, is deeply flawed, and beatable. So is Miami.

It‘s possible and likely Manny could lose a couple of games between now and UNC, especially if there are UVA type performances. It’s also possible that we can beat the flawed teams remaining on our schedule. Or our performance is something in between. Or some weird Covid shlt happening.

But in any event, the final report card is after the UNC game.
true, but I DONT WANT TO ASPIRE TO BE ANY OTHER F@CKING TEAM, ACC OR OTHERWISE. I want to knock off Clemson and get into the f@cking playoffs. We've been middle of the road and almost good enough and really ****ty for 17 f@cking years.

To an extent you are correct, but I don’t expect to be anywhere near elite with this coaching staff and roster. It doesn’t take “elite” to win the Coastal and decisively best the teams on our schedule. We have a spread offense and a capable, senior, athletic QB. If we cant do it now, when are we gonna be able to? The ACC is the worst it has been in 5 years and it’s still giving us fits. It’s mind boggling.
No one said we're going to be elite this year. We win only 6 last year. Wake up. 5-1 is progress

true, but I DONT WANT TO ASPIRE TO BE ANY OTHER F@CKING TEAM, ACC OR OTHERWISE. I want to knock off Clemson and get into the f@cking playoffs. We've been middle of the road and almost good enough and really ****ty for 17 f@cking years.
Good luck. We need to be solid so we can recruit better. Then take the next step.

Advertisement
I still don’t understand the relation to Coach Slip N Slide sliding into celebration beating lowly UV to Butch but ok..

Because you brought up Jacksonville State, and just this weekend, the local hero on CIS lost to FCS Jacksonville State. It’s tiresome having to explain these things.

sliding utah jazz GIF by NBA

Coach Slip N Slide going into 560 interview after defeating Jacksonville State.

I'm the guy who always tells you he wants to see improvement and to not be hoodwinked by sneaking out victories over ****** teams. Please don't mischaracterize my teachings in the future in order to advance some fake agenda. We're getting worse as the season progresses. I advise you to watch the games and not be fixated on a record accumulated against corpses.

I have watched the games, and we are what we are. Whether I get "hoodwinked" has absolutely zero effect on what happens on that field.

Sometimes, it's better to just be a fan.

But for the record, I'm not hoodwinked by anything. I know this isn't a championship team... it was never going to be. And in case it's a mystery to anybody, we're not BUILDING a championship team either. Even this recruiting class we have coming in isn't enough. Sign me a few 5* offensive linemen and a top 5 QB and then we can talk about that. And a ******* CB.

But we have FIVE games left this season. After that, it's another long offseason, waiting around, talking about Spring Practice and transfer rumors and players leaving early for the 5th round.

Five more games - that's all the time left we have to enjoy this team. So we might as well enjoy them, or else why the **** are we even watching?

Advertisement

You can aspire to be whatever you want, you can aspire to be an astronaut. The rest of us have to deal with reality...and reality is, if we are going to get to where we all want we are at least 2 recruiting classes away.

The problem is he has not shown any better judgement st hiring coaches than Richt or Golden did. Whatever he say is meaningless. At some point they will have to get rid of Waste James

These threads have no purpose, you aren't convincing anyone the negative guys have their own agenda.
Majority of them had their minds made up before the season started.
They can't wait for a loss to whine and complain.
Since we are winning they resort to complaining about victories.
No matter if we win out they'll say we suck and are lucky to be in the ACC.

Advertisement
These threads have no purpose, you aren't convincing anyone the negative guys have their own agenda.
Majority of them had their minds made up before the season started.
They can't wait for a loss to whine and complain.
Since we are winning they resort to complaining about victories.
No matter if we win out they'll say we suck and are lucky to be in the ACC.
The next loss will overload this site with "I told you so" threads. It will be insufferable.

Advertisement
You guys are really mad about that slip and slide move I see! LOL.

You guys are wanting Manny to be something hes not unfortunately. Hes not Saban. Hes not Jimmy Johnson. Thats not him. **** Clemson had trouble with a Syracuse team that lost to Liberty and Dabo chin-checked the media regarding there disappointment with the performance. Gave them the "Am I in the right press conference? We won didnt we?" Fans and reportersa always see things different then coaches. Even Saban has dogged Bama fans for being too spoiled with success and not appreciating how hard it is to win games. Does he slip and slide? No. But **** I have never seen Saban be overly happy even after he wins national titles. Hes just not that kind of guy period.

Manny is a coach who is living out his dream to coach UM. We have had some great wins and some bad wins so far this year. We had a bad loss. I would wait to evaluate him at seasons end. You cant judge him week to week because you are just going to get even more ****ed off after we beat NC State 35-31 and he celebrates that too. Lets hold off until Nov 9th after the UNC game and see where we are at then.
This is about a reasonable a take as you'll ever see on this site.

Manny falls right in line with his father's political ideology: own the issue but don't fix the problem. Manny is always gonna say the buck stops with him - but that's all he's gonna do. Well - that and act like just one of the guys (even though that's not his role).

Advertisement
Back