Manny on Joe Rose Today

But never happy enough to Slip n Slide like a goof after a desultory performance.
We beat a team that is now 1-5 by 5 at home, thanks to a ineligible man down field penalty, which erased a touchdown on 3rd and 17. Can you imagine what he would have done if we covered? Mandy would have the entire staff from Tootsies on the sidelines.

Advertisement
I expect to beat NC St, but our first real test will be VT. Running quarterbacks clearly give Manny and Baker fits, and Hooker is one of the best in that department. Adjustments regarding the QB run are absolutely critical, but can't look ahead to that game because NC St (despite being on their backup QB) is talented enough to spry an upset. We cannot overlook anyone, for that matter, because we're just not a good enough team to do that.

We beat a team that is now 1-5 by 5 at home, thanks to a ineligible man down field penalty, which erased a touchdown on 3rd and 17. Can you imagine what he would have done if we covered? Mandy would have the entire staff from Tootsies on the sidelines.
Oof that would’ve been badass

Advertisement
I expect to beat NC St, but our first real test will be VT. Running quarterbacks clearly give Manny and Baker fits, and Hooker is one of the best in that department. Adjustments regarding the QB run are absolutely critical, but can't look ahead to that game because NC St (despite being on their backup QB) is talented enough to spry an upset. We cannot overlook anyone, for that matter, because we're just not a good enough team to do that.
Hooker scares me but what really scares me is that running back they got. He’s dam good. Hooker was erratic against wake and threw three picks to the same freshman walk-on. He was so bad that they gave that walk on a dam scholarship. But that running back scares me. And those two unc running backs scare me also. They’re both dam good

sliding utah jazz GIF by NBA

Coach Slip N Slide going into 560 interview after defeating Jacksonville State.

Advertisement
Hooker scares me but what really scares me is that running back they got. He’s dam good. Hooker was erratic against wake and threw three picks to the same freshman walk-on. He was so bad that they gave that walk on a dam scholarship. But that running back scares me. And those two unc running backs scare me also. They’re both dam good
Herbert is **** good I absolutely agree; but we've done a sound job bottling up the run recently. Conversely, we let Armstrong run all over us. Hooker is 1000% better, plus we made him look like Michael Vick last season launching all over our secondary.

From what I have seen last year and this any game is a real test. Could win or lose all.of them. Will be a pleasent surprise if we win 3 more

Advertisement
No, what happened was you got too high after FSU, and you're too low now. You're reacting to **** instead of keeping things in perspective.

I was unimpressed with UAB, and chalked it up to no spring ball and new offense. I was very concerned with the defense after Louisville. FSU proved nothing IMO. Was embarrassed at the effort against Clemson and UVA.

Feel free to search my posts. I’ve never been to high or too low. I’ve been realistic, and being happy with barely beating lowly ACC teams isn’t what I want for my Canes. I guess it’s my fault I refuse to applaud mediocrity.

Zonovan Knight and Ricky Person are better than anything UVA has on the offensive side of the ball.
And their WRs are much better than UVA's. Their D is no good, but everyone has the anti-Lashlee blueprint after Clempy. NC State will likely play two QBs. Hockman is a runner.
Does anyone expect Lashlee to toss in some wrinkles?

Advertisement
And their WRs are much better than UVA's. Their D is no good, but everyone has the anti-Lashlee blueprint after Clempy. NC State will likely play two QBs. Hockman is a runner.
Does anyone expect Lashlee to toss in some wrinkles?

Luckily for us neither little Finley nor Hockman can push it down field, so as long as we stop the run, we win with 21 points.

Herbert is **** good I absolutely agree; but we've done a sound job bottling up the run recently. Conversely, we let Armstrong run all over us. Hooker is 1000% better, plus we made him look like Michael Vick last season launching all over our secondary.
Their tight end just scored again!!!

I was unimpressed with UAB, and chalked it up to no spring ball and new offense. I was very concerned with the defense after Louisville. FSU proved nothing IMO. Was embarrassed at the effort against Clemson and UVA.

Feel free to search my posts. I’ve never been to high or too low. I’ve been realistic, and being happy with barely beating lowly ACC teams isn’t what I want for my Canes. I guess it’s my fault I refuse to applaud mediocrity.
I agree with your point but it’s not mediocrity. It maybe compared to old UM teams but being 5-1 isn’t mediocre. Dropping a 50 burger on FSU proves we beat our biggest rival by the largest margin in decades. Do I think they are playing great? Heck no.
I think what you’re trying to say is this is Miami. Being slightly above average isn’t what we expect. We demand to be among the elite. We expect to at least in that B+/A- range at this point. So far we’re playing more like a C+/B-.

You guys are really mad about that slip and slide move I see! LOL.

You guys are wanting Manny to be something hes not unfortunately. Hes not Saban. Hes not Jimmy Johnson. Thats not him. **** Clemson had trouble with a Syracuse team that lost to Liberty and Dabo chin-checked the media regarding there disappointment with the performance. Gave them the "Am I in the right press conference? We won didnt we?" Fans and reportersa always see things different then coaches. Even Saban has dogged Bama fans for being too spoiled with success and not appreciating how hard it is to win games. Does he slip and slide? No. But **** I have never seen Saban be overly happy even after he wins national titles. Hes just not that kind of guy period.

Manny is a coach who is living out his dream to coach UM. We have had some great wins and some bad wins so far this year. We had a bad loss. I would wait to evaluate him at seasons end. You cant judge him week to week because you are just going to get even more ****ed off after we beat NC State 35-31 and he celebrates that too. Lets hold off until Nov 9th after the UNC game and see where we are at then.
Using examples of Clemson or Alabama sleepwalking through ONE of their games every year and comparing that to how Miami is performing under Manny is disingenuous. We have seen this repeatedly with Manny. It’s a pattern.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back