Manny on Joe Rose Today

I was unimpressed with UAB, and chalked it up to no spring ball and new offense. I was very concerned with the defense after Louisville. FSU proved nothing IMO. Was embarrassed at the effort against Clemson and UVA.

Feel free to search my posts. I’ve never been to high or too low. I’ve been realistic, and being happy with barely beating lowly ACC teams isn’t what I want for my Canes. I guess it’s my fault I refuse to applaud mediocrity.

You can applaud whatever you want, it ain't gonna change **** that happens on that field.

Miami has five more games on its schedule. After that, it's another long offseason of no football, waiting for another year.

Your choice whether you want to enjoy the remaining 5 games, or if you're more happy complaining about **** you can't change.

Advertisement
I agree with your point but it’s not mediocrity. It maybe compared to old UM teams but being 5-1 isn’t mediocre. Dropping a 50 burger on FSU proves we beat our biggest rival by the largest margin in decades. Do I think they are playing great? Heck no.
I think what you’re trying to say is this is Miami. Being slightly above average isn’t what we expect. We demand to be among the elite. We expect to at least in that B+/A- range at this point. So far we’re playing more like a C+/B-.

To an extent you are correct, but I don’t expect to be anywhere near elite with this coaching staff and roster. It doesn’t take “elite” to win the Coastal and decisively best the teams on our schedule. We have a spread offense and a capable, senior, athletic QB. If we cant do it now, when are we gonna be able to? The ACC is the worst it has been in 5 years and it’s still giving us fits. It’s mind boggling.

Manny can’t see the Forrest for the trees. He thinks a “win” is something to be proud of. Yeah maybe if it’s in the national championship sure. But that abortion of a performance Saturday could have just as easily ended in a loss if a couple bounces go their way. There’s a difference in a “win” and playing a complete football game and playing like you’re actually a top 10 team. Manny is thrilled with that squeak out win against mighty Virginia. It was fairly obvious as he’s sliding on a tarp. A real coach comes to that locker room ****ed off after that performance.
But it wasn't a loss! The bounces didn't go another way! And how would you know what a real coach is? Your not in da locker room to see "what a real coach would do"...your confusing your opinion with what u " think a real would do".

To an extent you are correct, but I don’t expect to be anywhere near elite with this coaching staff and roster. It doesn’t take “elite” to win the Coastal and decisively best the teams on our schedule. We have a spread offense and a capable, senior, athletic QB. If we cant do it now, when are we gonna be able to? The ACC is the worst it has been in 5 years and it’s still giving us fits. It’s mind boggling.
We don't have to decisively beat anybody! Beating them is da end goal.

We're winning and that should carry more weight than we're giving it. We're not winning on fluke last-minute plays etc. We're not where we need to be but we're also not where we were and I think we need to hold off on the torches for a bit. It obvious we still have fixing to do and it seems we're recruiting for it. We can't go in the portal and get a whole new WR corp so we have to make do with this - and their admissions that they weren't doing the work - until we can get a better class of receiver in here.

I'm guilty of getting way too excited about the possibility of this year - and it could still turn out great - but it's obvious we're not the team we all want to be on year 2 of this fix.

Advertisement
You can applaud whatever you want, it ain't gonna change **** that happens on that field.

Miami has five more games on its schedule. After that, it's another long offseason of no football, waiting for another year.

Your choice whether you want to enjoy the remaining 5 games, or if you're more happy complaining about **** you can't change.

That’s the entire point of this board. The good and bad gets aired out here. I’m sorry not everyone’s opinions line up with yours.

That’s the entire point of this board. The good and bad gets aired out here. I’m sorry not everyone’s opinions line up with yours.

I thought the point of this board was for a bunch of men to get emotional and upset when their favorite team wins by only 5 points instead of more.

You can have whatever opinion you want.

Advertisement
You know things need to get fixed but do you actually believe Lisp N Slide is the guy to do it? He is fixing absolutely nothing. Weak and clueless.
This team needs Butch Davis as HC ASAP. Guy has completely turned FIU around since he's been there. FIU is having a great season this year, should go to a better bowl game than Miami. Bring back Butch. He can make Miami great again.

clearly you’re not only an idiot, but you didn’t listen to the interview. Everything you’re saying is complete bull**** because he literally addressed it, and said he wasn’t happy with how we won.
Did he say he accidentally slipped and fell on that tarp and it only looked like he was clowning around and celebrating after a ****** performance?

They kept the defense off balance with multiple quarterbacks and other ish get over it.. many of yall wouldn't of been able to focus either with 2 Quarterbacks in the game at the same time lmao 😅😅
Depending on whether 5 was in or not, it meant they had 1 or 2 quarterbacks who couldn't throw the football.

Advertisement
We have seen this repeatedly with Manny. It’s a pattern.

We have seen this repeatedly since Larry Coker. Again, this is not an ardent defense of Diaz. However, I think it's fair to acknowledge that the underperformance goes back almost 20 years (one could make the argument that it can go as far back as Miami underperforming in the 2002 NC game when we had sizeable talent advantage over tOSU). The only unit that was consistent since the Richt era has been the defense- in a thread a couple weeks ago, I posted that in 54 games (56 games now, actually), a Diaz defense has given up more than 31 points to a team ranked 16 or below only twice. That's better than UGA's defensive track record over that same period of time against opponents ranked 16 or below (and most people would label UGA as having an elite defense). There was certainly some sloppiness on the defense, but I'd lay most of the blame for Saturday's debacle on Lashlee. Diaz doesn't run the offense. If you want to see a pattern, then look at Lashlee having three straight games of getting outcoached as OC (and yes, Clemson is one of those, but I still would have expected our big time offseason hire to get us more than one TD, which was pretty much just an effort play by King and not a great play design). Really disappointing.

Aren't you the guy who told us all at the beginning of the season not to expect perfection and just enjoy the ride?

We're 5-1. What changed?
I'm the guy who always tells you he wants to see improvement and to not be hoodwinked by sneaking out victories over ****** teams. Please don't mischaracterize my teachings in the future in order to advance some fake agenda. We're getting worse as the season progresses. I advise you to watch the games and not be fixated on a record accumulated against corpses.

We're winning and that should carry more weight than we're giving it. We're not winning on fluke last-minute plays etc. We're not where we need to be but we're also not where we were and I think we need to hold off on the torches for a bit. It obvious we still have fixing to do and it seems we're recruiting for it. We can't go in the portal and get a whole new WR corp so we have to make do with this - and their admissions that they weren't doing the work - until we can get a better class of receiver in here.

I'm guilty of getting way too excited about the possibility of this year - and it could still turn out great - but it's obvious we're not the team we all want to be on year 2 of this fix.
Hey jefe, and that's ok there's no timetable f4 a fix of da mess (even though he contributed) manuel inherited! When it's your first head coaching gig you have to be 99% be a players coach first, cuz if not you lose the team! I think manny knows that was a mistake

Advertisement
Using examples of Clemson or Alabama sleepwalking through ONE of their games every year and comparing that too how Miami is performing under Manny is disingenuous. We have seen this repeatedly with Manny. It’s a pattern.
I knew someone would take that part and assume I am trying to compare us to clemson and bama. Wasnt my point, my point was that you guys want Manny to be this hard-nosed, "Take no nonsense", type HC and he isnt that and never will be. If fans are expecting that of him, you will be ****ed every weekend after every game that we dont blow an opponent out to your liking. And there isnt any opponent left on the schedule that I expect us to blow out. So fans might as well get use to it.

Obviously. Diaz slid after he beat a P5 team. Not after he lost to a lowly FCS team. To go 0-3 in his fifth year at FIU and 13th year as a head coach.
I still don’t understand the relation to Coach Slip N Slide sliding into celebration beating lowly UV to Butch but ok..

Let’s all go to the water park and celebrate Manny knowing things need to get better before we see for ourselves that things get better.

Crazy how I discovered this website 7 years ago and we were having the same mopes vs sunshine pumpers conversation then as we are now. I wonder who the winning side 7 years ago ended up being 🧐🧐🧐
SIAP but is there really a “winning” side when all that ultimately happens is the actual tangible thing that we all care about, the football team, has been losing more often than not?

Food for thought

Most likely they're 3rd string true freshmans.
NC State should be another easy victory. They are injured and given up on the season. Slurpers already crowning them as if they are a true test for our team. ****, VT is looking mad suspect losing to WF. This schedule is ridiculously weak.

Advertisement
Back